Sponsored

Mt82 and ford law suits

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
So what do guys think about these class action law suits for 2011 to 2019 mustang mt-82 trans??
Sponsored

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
If you have had serious problems with it and multiple visits, then sue for a buy back. I think most people will get out of it is a extended warranty.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
If you have had serious problems with it and multiple visits, then sue for a buy back. I think most people will get out of it is a extended warranty.
Have u had any issues personally? My 2017 only has 6k miles and 8 track days and have had no issues but car is still
Young

Sponsored

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
I don't think that class action will go anywhere. There's not enough cases for it and the only people that had a problem are the most vocal. Unfortunately with manual transmissions, the manufacturer can put it on user error most of the time.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Look at the dual clutch transmission in the Focus, Ford fought that every step of the way, and that was way more obvious a defect. So hoping for the best but expecting nothing

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So what do guys think about these class action law suits for 2011 to 2019 mustang mt-82 trans??
Ford lawyers: Your honor there's tens of thousands of MT82 out there with zero issues, and under 1% with problems. We think it's the jackass behind the wheel. Judge: I agree, learn to drive a stick properly. Case dismissed. Plaintiff (s): :facepalm:

Also, hope all those that signed have bonafide proof that there transmissions took a dump and was replaced under warranty.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I learned my lesson with mt-82’s. My 2012 gt mt-82 was replaced by A tremec magnum xl, i went auto and a stall speed on my current car. Mt82 never ever again..

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I learned my lesson with the MT82 as well. My June 2010 build 2011 Mustang GT was flawless. The MT82 was a delight. Yeah, I prefer the heavier shift action feel in the Tremec but I had zero complaints. The D4 in my 2020 (with revised shift forks, apparently) feels even better. My only complaint is the ratios. I could easily do my whole commute without getting into 3rd gear.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Look at the dual clutch transmission in the Focus, Ford fought that every step of the way, and that was way more obvious a defect. So hoping for the best but expecting nothing
Thats true..

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Ford lawyers: Your honor there's tens of thousands of MT82 out there with zero issues, and under 1% with problems. We think it's the jackass behind the wheel. Judge: I agree, learn to drive a stick properly. Case dismissed. Plaintiff (s): :facepalm:

Also, hope all those that signed have bonafide proof that there transmissions took a dump and was replaced under warranty.
This guy does and I have all the paperwork to prove it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Unfortunately with manual transmissions, the manufacturer can put it on user error most of the time.
If you rephrase your statement with 'user error, abuse, or both', Ford would probably be right in most cases, IMO :D. In addition, I also bet most of those folks had modified their cars (including tunes), which wears out tranny components quicker. I'm certain there are plenty of legitimate cases, especially before the D4 redesigned version I have now, but definitely less than the other group IMO :).

I'd like to know how many fully stock transmissions were affected, and their owners knew they needed to wait until it was at full operating temperature to work properly. Finally, no word on how many of those cases was due to cold temperatures, which would be a legitimate conrern. I still haven't experienced that because I bought the car recently, but hope it's not a problem for the D4.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
This guy does and I have all the paperwork to prove it.
Most people with transmission issues are in a minority group around 1 to 2% affected. This lawsuit will go nowhere, it's just lawyers looking to get a big payday.

If you rephrase your statement with 'user error, abuse, or both', Ford would probably be right in most cases, IMO :D. In addition, I also bet most of those folks had modified their cars (including tunes), which wears out tranny components quicker. I'm certain there are plenty of legitimate cases, especially before the D4 redesigned version I have now, but definitely less than the other group IMO :).

I'd like to know how many fully stock transmissions were affected, and their owners knew they needed to wait until it was at full operating temperature to work properly. Finally, no word on how many of those cases was due to cold temperatures, which would be a legitimate conrern. I still haven't experienced that because I bought the car recently, but hope it's not a problem for the D4.
The updated MT- 82's had the shift fork concerns but that was addressed with the revised shift forks. I'm sure everyone would want a nice Tremec manual trans in the car but no way in hell would Ford do that.
Sponsored