Diagnose vibration / Noise & Unresponsive Dealer

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I’d love to know what kind of sound effects they are producing.

seems like a total waste of engineering time
Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
do a search on me and see how I turned mine off in my 19R

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I missed the last couple of replies where JZTRK said its the ESA causing this.

This morning I went to the dealer where I purchased the car at (150 mile round trip, half a tank & $12 in tolls) and within an hour the tech diagnosed it to be the ESA. The tech was nice enough to document on the invoice that he found the part number using HVBOM (not sure what that is) and found the wrong part number was installed. Unfortunately the purchasing dealer cannot fix my local dealer's error. I had another tread I started in March where I was trying to find any other 19 GT 350R owners that had a speaker mounted in the headliner over the rear seat delete. No one responded that they did.

So I drove directly to my local dealer and explained the error and gave them a copy of the invoice. They went to their manager and the service advisor returned 20 minutes later saying that they did an inquiry again and got the same part number they installed. They are now in the process of contacting Ford to figure out what went wrong and will get back to me.

I'm happy to finally have a tech and dealer confirm what I thought was wrong from the middle of March. It was frustrating that my local dealer said its in my head. I am not sure what my local dealer is going to come back with but I do hate having to go anywhere near their service area. Remember that the service manager told me to go find another R so that he could compare the sound.

What would you do? Go to Ford corporate and ask for another dealer to resolve this or something else.

Thanks

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
HVBoM is the Ford parts website that shows the part number for every part that was in your car when it left the factory.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
it its cheap to buy an OBD Link MX BT dongle and download forscan {free} join the fourm for the license and turn off the ESA Our cars are special and 95% of techs are reading a step by step on how to work on the car on the fly. My R will never see a dealer ever again not for a recall not any thing

Sponsored

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
As I expected my local dealer who installed the incorrect headliner didn't call me back to report on what they are going to do. i will most likely go for the Forscan solution but I want to resolve the dealer's unwillingness to rectify their mistake. I called Ford Customer Satisfaction (800-392-3673) and was not impressed on what they will do for me. They opened an escalation ticket with the dealer to document the situation of a dissatisfied customer. I'm to call the dealer after one business day and see what they are going to do. If I get no where then I'm supposed to call back Ford with my ticket number. My impression so far is that they are hands off with this and its my problem to resolve with the dealer.

What other options are there for resolving this?

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
can you post a picture of this speaker you are describing

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
This was where the hole was in the headliner, the bottom of the picture is the rear window with my garage door in the distance. There was a round plastic cover on the back seat delete that belonged in there but the clip to hold it in was missing or broken. The new headliner doesn't have a hold and I hope the mic pic up is just sitting behind the new one.

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I pulled down the headliner from the back seat and attached is what I found. The tech who installed the new headliner without the hole for the mic just taped over the mic and left it sandwiched in there. I drove with the mic dangling from the rear and disconnected. Drone was gone and it sounded the same with and without. Unbelievable that the tech just taped it up and thought that was ok.

Still no call back from dealer on the ticket I opened with Ford Corp.
3100F079-2DEC-4DBC-A6E2-B813E329C8AC.jpeg
AE0D4933-4D1D-4CD0-893A-CA7ED6D7851C.jpeg

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Doesn’t surprise me one bit that was the fix the Ford tech went with.

As far as the complaint to u started with Ford HQ, I would call Ford HQ again and let them know you are being ignored by the dealership. Hold those clowns accountable!!

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
O.k you are not crazy about no one responding back to you about having a tiny speaker in the headliner. It is a cover for the Mic its about the size of a dime and not noticeable. In daylight it blends in well. I was sitting in my car taking a break from my boys when my wife pulled into the drive way and I looked back and there it was. I'm willing to bet that they all have them

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Without the plastic cover it may be more noticeable. I also believe the noise & vibration was worse since the bass speaker in the trunk. The good news is that after giving my offending dealer all the information I gathered they have ordered the new headliner. I would like to go back to the factory setup but do I really want to have this dealer touch my car again. My take away is if the dealer your looking to service your car doesn't sell any Shelby's then find one that does.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily I have seen high shelby sales and poor service departments and vice versa
Sponsored