What did you do to your GT350 today?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. Does anyone know if they make an all leather steering wheel for the 350?
Not a huge fan of the carbon fiber on the steering wheel for my preference I would prefer all leather
I really liked the look and feel of the leather in my 2016 GT... Did not like the feel of the material when they changed it in the 2018+ model year (GT).
Having a hard time getting used to the alcantara and keep envisioning it wearing badly....
They do make it, and Timothy has one in stock with all leather. I was tempted to get that one but it had no stripe at the top, and I would like to keep the red stripe. Glad I went with this, I like it.

they do offer an all leather. They have a lot of customization options as well beyond that. Only downside is they have been sold out for as long as I’ve been checking their site haha
Just contact him via the web site and he will reply, they do take orders....
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Out of curiosity, could you ask how much it would cost to re clear the whole car?
May be a good option to have a much better and thicker clear.
I considered the better/thicker clear on the front bumper and hood a plus when I had my stripes painted.
Can I ask ball park how much that cost?
Just the total which included spoiler, strut tower brace (including removing and welding up the holes for the Ford Performance plate), mirror cap and.... I also had them repaint the bumpers; other people couldn't spot it but they were a slightly different color than the body which is not a surprise since Ford paints them at another time with a different formula of paint. Altogether a bit above $2k. I have no idea what just stripes would cost. I suspect you couldn't just subtract what a shop would charge for painting bumpers, for example. I mean painting bumpers includes prepping, base coat and clear. But just doing the stripes would also include the same prep for the bumpers and the same clear for them.

I used a shop that's been in business since the '20s (1920s - first Cadillac dealer in AZ) and actually does guarantee their work for life. I saw a '1940s pickup getting its latest "free" repaint. AZ sun is brutal, especially for pre-clearcoat paints. I had to work on them for months to take the job and might not have if their lead painter hadn't been a custom painter in a previous job. They were very reluctant since they didn't really know how it might effect the workflow of their bread and butter jobs. That and I had the impression they base quotes/estimates on standard cost books for repairs or repaints and this wasn't in the book so they might lose money if they guessed low. LoL

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Looks great. Does anyone know if they make an all leather steering wheel for the 350?
Not a huge fan of the carbon fiber on the steering wheel for my preference I would prefer all leather
I really liked the look and feel of the leather in my 2016 GT... Did not like the feel of the material when they changed it in the 2018+ model year (GT).
Having a hard time getting used to the alcantara and keep envisioning it wearing badly....
Here ya go! Beith Performance. Love it. Gray stitching, gray stripe.
IMG_2686.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are you in the right place? I'm seeing a Mustang GT here and not a GT350....
Definitely the right place to post these old pictures. Note the text:

Some other painted stripe process pictures for anyone considering it:
GT350 owners were interested in the PROCESS. The process is the same for any S550.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I was giving The Shelby a foam wash when my neighbor stopped by.....he just purchased a 2018 GT350. We live a block apart. I expect we will both receive a stern letter from the HOA. :)
2 Shelby's.JPG

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is Beith the only way to go for steering wheels for our car, or are there other reputable, quality options?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but the carbon fiber one looks exactly the same as Beith's one, just 100 bucks more expensive. There is a high chance that they come from the same supplier.. The only really beef I have with these wheels is that they are much heavier than stock. I don't know what they used to increase the thickness, but it feels like they used steel, it's that much heavier... I don't think it matters too much anyway, but it's the only thing I would have against.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but the carbon fiber one looks exactly the same as Beith's one, just 100 bucks more expensive. There is a high chance that they come from the same supplier.. The only really beef I have with these wheels is that they are much heavier than stock. I don't know what they used to increase the thickness, but it feels like they used steel, it's that much heavier... I don't think it matters too much anyway, but it's the only thing I would have against.
@torque124...are your comments about weight just in regard to carbonbargain, or all of them?
I think all add significant weight as opposed to the original, my Beith performance felt almost double the weight. I have the original next to me in my office here and I am struggling to decide to sell it or just keep it and replace it when /if I sell the car... It is definitely less appealing in looks and handling than the Beith one, but at half the weight.
Sponsored