Sponsored

For those who bought recently, is there much play in the price?

PNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5
I realise that when the Mustang first came to our shores, there was a wait list, etc, and the chance of knocking much money off was small. When cars are in high demand, the dealers hold all the cards.

But for those who have bought in more recent times, what's the playing field like? Broadly, I know the new car market is hurting, but I don't know to what extent, if any, Ford is hurting over Mustang.

For example, the website says Drive Away Price $58,406 for a high-performance (auto) with premium paint. Am I going to get laughed out of a dealership for trying to bring that down, or is there some play out there?

Look forward to your thoughts. Buying a Mustang is getting ever closer for me.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I realise that when the Mustang first came to our shores, there was a wait list, etc, and the chance of knocking much money off was small. When cars are in high demand, the dealers hold all the cards.

But for those who have bought in more recent times, what's the playing field like? Broadly, I know the new car market is hurting, but I don't know to what extent, if any, Ford is hurting over Mustang.

For example, the website says Drive Away Price $58,406 for a high-performance (auto) with premium paint. Am I going to get laughed out of a dealership for trying to bring that down, or is there some play out there?

Look forward to your thoughts. Buying a Mustang is getting ever closer for me.
I just ordered a gt today. Yes there is huge play in the price... Go for broke. Worst case is they say no

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Nice to hear you are getting back into the mustang saddle Melbnut.

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Everything I hear says go for broke. I won't be buying until the end of the year, but I won't be settling for less than 15% off RDP.

And if a couple of dealerships have the car I want, and want to fight for the sale, then happy days. I won't be stopping them.

At the end of the day, it's your money - and they want it. Never forget that. Make them work for it.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I think it depends on what you are after. If you are not too picky on colour , and if you’re not after Magneride or Recaro I think it’s possible to get close to 15% discount but if you want something particular and you don’t wish to wait 6 months. The best I’ve been able to get is around 8-10% so far
Sponsored