Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

So this has been a "Thing" for me. The short of it is, I've had to add Cat's back on to the car to get it to pass emissions. Right now I am trying to get the Oxygen Sensor and Oxygen Sensor Heater to check in. They show as incomplete. Everything else has checked and shows good. So, I got an HPT kit, and this is what I've found.
upload_2020-6-9_8-56-58.png

and
upload_2020-6-9_8-58-6.png

This does look correct to me. Please let me know if I am wrong.

And below is the issue I am trying to correct.

upload_2020-6-9_8-59-46.png

What have I done? Drive. Mostly short drives 10 miles +/- 5 miles. Just took a nice long 4 hour drive with varying speeds. Highway, small towns (35mph) and such. All in all, I'd say I have about 300 miles into this. I know I am doing something right, as most of the systems have checked in. But what am I missing?

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashtar

P.S. I know I've left a lot of things out. High flow cat's and such. How much time have I put into driving. Bout 2 weeks. And, a lot more. I can answer questions the best I can. As I am not the one who installed the current kit (local shop) Or, the hellion twin turbo kit on the car.
Sponsored

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you tried changing the “heater current monitor” from disabled to enabled?

The PCM normally monitors the oxygen sensor heater circuit current for fault detection. If this option is disabled then the PCM will not be able to verify the oxygen sensor heater operation which is a prerequisite to monitoring the oxygen sensor’s actual operation (AFR or rich/lean depending on sensor type)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome to the club. You'll need a tune with all of that turned off if you have any hopes of passing an inspection. It has something to do with the way the stock headers are positioned and where the cats are located. My O2/HO2 remains red forever on my one tune and I've never gotten it to go green. Catted, catless, spacers, doesn't matter. Continues to stay red.

OP
OP

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, one would think @AceS550
Have you tried changing the “heater current monitor” from disabled to enabled?

The PCM normally monitors the oxygen sensor heater circuit current for fault detection. If this option is disabled then the PCM will not be able to verify the oxygen sensor heater operation which is a prerequisite to monitoring the oxygen sensor’s actual operation (AFR or rich/lean depending on sensor type)
I've done a little research and found that a stock tune has it off. There are several other settings within a stock tune that seem really not attainable.
upload_2020-6-11_12-5-46.png

the Delta V for RPM is 150, and the Delta V for speed is 9 mph. While I see it possible to keep the car within 9 mph. The 150 RPM seems a bit much. The reason I bring this up is. One of the tests, as I have found out is a run of either 4 miles or 4 mins ( still don't know which one.) @ 40 mph. 1) trying to find a place that'll let you do 40 mph, without pissing people off behind you. And, that is flat, with no traffic lights.

But I digress. I've made some changes within the tune and at back to square 1 again. We'll see how it goes and will post updates as I make progress. I hope!

Regards,
Ashtar

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes ditto on welcome to the club. Hope you please find the answer and share it. I’ve yet to find a tuner who can make those two monitors pass. I can pull the blower and put the car back to stock and have them passing in less than 100 miles, but I’ve put 20k miles on the car and never had them pass with a tune and the blower installed and I’ve still got factory the factory cats. I believe this is why you see so many install FI and sell the cars before their 1st smog check comes due.
Sponsored