Sponsored

Z28 Program Cancelled

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Two different cars two different segments afraid it won't work but you have the right to your opinion.
Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
The problem is that besides not being able to see out of it and the center AC vents freezing your belly button 99% of the people buying cars don't want to drive a track car as a every day car.

I'd say in ten years there won't be any more pony cars. Declining sales and the public buying preference for SUV's and trucks will kill them.

False primus example 2007 GT500 500hp no competition
Not only that, the 2003-2004,had no competition. People make me laugh when they come with that stupid saying :cwl::crackup:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Look at any generation change of mustang. Can you confuse the s197 for s550? Hell no. Can’t say that about the Camaro.

They need to get ride of the echo chamber and bring in some fresh sheet talent if they want to save that car. I wonder if the Chevy even understands the problem sometimes.
I understand what you're saying, but now look for the external differences of a Porsche 996, 997 & 991.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The difference is pretty easy to spot.

When you see a 1986 Z28 you think mullet.

When you see a 1986 991 you stop and look.
Shit, dude, anything 1986 and I think mullet...

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Half of Z-28s sold recently most likely have been investors,collectors that see handwriting on the wall.
Park it in the garage wait, do some car events, bring back out 15 years from now to auction. By this time electric cars will be mainstream, it will be a rare memory to the age of gasoline powered vehicles.

Sponsored

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I'm hopeful the 5.5L that will reportedly make it's way into the Z06 finds a home under the hood of a Camaro.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm hopeful the 5.5L that will reportedly make it's way into the Z06 finds a home under the hood of a Camaro.
I'd be interested in that. Hopefully they will do it.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I'd be interested in that. Hopefully they will do it.
Well there are a few factors in play. That engine needs to first have it's time in the Corvette and depending on the status of Camaro it may be a good time to offer a Z/28 at the end of that run. I think it would be a good fit seeing it's a high revving na V8.
I had always wished they offered the LS7 as an option in the SS.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
camaro is dead ain't going to happen
They still build the Camaro you know and they haven't officially killed it. I am disappointed in the speculation that it will die but until they make the announcement I'm hopeful. Plus with the Corvette moving into what I consider a new catagory it leaves space for an affordable performance car. Why not call it a Camaro.
There's just as much chance they build a Mustang truck as the Camaro being discontinued again.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
A Mustang truck, I like that.. all wheel drive, electric sitting low and aggressive.
"Mustango"

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They still build the Camaro you know and they haven't officially killed it. I am disappointed in the speculation that it will die but until they make the announcement I'm hopeful. Plus with the Corvette moving into what I consider a new catagory it leaves space for an affordable performance car. Why not call it a Camaro.
There's just as much chance they build a Mustang truck as the Camaro being discontinued again.
https://altdriver.com/sports-car/th...g-discontinued-heres-why-and-what-that-means/

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3