Long tube headers and straight pipes

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have some texas long tubes with x pipe and mufflers on right now. Has anyone run a straight pipe
Sponsored

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I ran Corsa headers with the Corsa Xtreme, and I would genuinely be surprised if a straight pipe was louder. It was ear-shattering loud and the loudest car I have ever heard in my life. I love loud cars, but it was just too damn loud. If you live anywhere near people, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd have to be crazy to daily drive a car that loud day in and day out.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have some texas long tubes with x pipe and mufflers on right now. Has anyone run a straight pipe
There are only a handful of cars that sound good straight piped. This ain't one of 'em. The right mufflers on these cars are like a good singing voice. With no mufflers, there is still a voice singing but it doesn't sound good to your ears, it just sounds like noise.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I ran Corsa headers with the Corsa Xtreme, and I would genuinely be surprised if a straight pipe was louder. It was ear-shattering loud and the loudest car I have ever heard in my life. I love loud cars, but it was just too damn loud. If you live anywhere near people, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd have to be crazy to daily drive a car that loud day in and day out.
If you've ever owned a car with open long tube headers (my old Camaro in high school) you will realize that yes...it can get louder.

Much louder

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If you've ever owned a car with open long tube headers (my old Camaro in high school) you will realize that yes...it can get louder.

Much louder
I drove a car to the muffler shop one time with open headers. An experience I'll never forget. Idling through the neighborhood and people are walking out to see what the he** is making all that noise.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What mufflers do you have?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There are only a handful of cars that sound good straight piped. This ain't one of 'em. The right mufflers on these cars are like a good singing voice. With no mufflers, there is still a voice singing but it doesn't sound good to your ears, it just sounds like noise.
This.

Coyotes don't sound great with open headers, IMO, and even worse straight piped.

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
This.

Coyotes don't sound great with open headers, IMO, and even worse straight piped.
Yeah I started my car up with open headers once, just for fun. Can't imagine how bad the drone would be and personally I didn't like the sound.

Sponsored

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT

Much louder
I've heard cars like that open headers. It's louder surrounding wise because the sound just goes everywhere. With an exhaust, it all goes out the back but if you're outside I would argue the exhaust on (with Corsa Xtremes) is louder in my experience.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard cars like that open headers. It's louder surrounding wise because the sound just goes everywhere. With an exhaust, it all goes out the back but if you're outside I would argue the exhaust on (with Corsa Xtremes) is louder in my experience.
Corsa extremes with resonator delete are pretty loud.. Buddy has them. they're at least as loud as my Girlfriends straight piped 78 Z28. I'd say louder under wot or higher rpms but not as loud just casually driving around.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled

straight piped 18 with e85 tune jlt, long tubes, xpipe no mufflers. (not my car) also has videos at the track running 10.51 na.

That cold start volume is too ridiculous in my opinion, the overall volume would damage peoples hearing I think, including yours especially WOT , windows down, underpass full throttle.

Cars with similar setups have literally blown their airbags just from the noise resonance if the exhaust are dumped in the wrong place.

Last edited:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
the tone may make it sound louder but trust me it isn't

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

straight piped 18 with e85 tune jlt, long tubes, xpipe no mufflers. (not my car) also has videos at the track running 10.51 na.

That cold start volume is too ridiculous in my opinion, the overall volume would damage peoples hearing I think, including yours especially WOT , windows down, underpass full throttle.

Cars with similar setups have literally blown their airbags just from the noise resonance if the exhaust are dumped in the wrong place.

What's funny is I have found cold starts on e are actually quieter than when I cold start on 91. Just another benefit of e if running long tubes and any after market exhaust.

No mufflers will also drone.
Sponsored