S550 diecast collectibles

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Wow, really nice work. Have you done any 1/24 or 1/18. I bet you could get some business on here.
Thank you! I have not done bigger scales since I did model kits as a kid and teen... I just don't have the space for anything bigger. :)
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thank you Arthonon for this information.
I was not aware this type of models (resin) exists in 1/18 scale.
If you want one buy it now. Once the edition sells out the pricing on the resale market goes up very quickly. The folks that bought the 2019 Bullitt know that.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you Arthonon for this information.
I was not aware this type of models (resin) exists in 1/18 scale.
It looks good, but nothing opens, wheels don't turn or roll, etc. And it's only available in Orange Fury.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I recently started looking for S550 diecasts myself. Not many options when to comes to colors yet besides the usual. I saw the GT500 in grabber lime coming out by GT Spirit which looks good, but then saw Maisto is also coming out with one.
I just picked up a S281 2003 Saleen. What's interesting is I had 2, 2002 yellow V6's in the past. One was a convertible then later on a coupe. I always wanted a yellow S281 Saleen and when I was looking for my car a year ago I coudnt find a single one anywhere. Other colors sure. Almost a year later there's like 3 that popped up. Cant get one so now I own a 1/18 scale. lol

20200609_143836.jpg
20200609_143911.jpg

Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

CompoGTpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT pp
When GMP models are discontinued their values go up pretty quickly. My 66’ Fairlane is going for up to $300. eBay is your best, and usually only, source for these rare models. I would suggest reaching out to the seller and ask if they can do any better. Many times they will.
I bit the bullet and got it from eBay.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you're looking at this thread, you probably know who Oscar Koveleski is. If not, think Auto World mail-order.

I have this from a poster on Face Book's Can-Am History Group:

M...T...K...
From what little I can tell from afar, indeed Oscar K. would still seem to be at an assisted living facility in Allentown, PA or thereabouts. The seller of the materials is also situated in PA, hence maybe a deal was cut between them sometime back? There isn't much rhyme or reason to what materials are posted by the seller from week to week, hence it's sort of an eBay milk run as such things go. Thanks...

Hopefully this post will help some here. For making my way around local hobby shows and for reviewing materials on eBay, I stumbled across a seller who has the enormous material effects of the Oscar Koveleski estate. The seller's feedback isn't amazing, things won are mailed in thin envelopes and just about the cheapest way possible (not impressed by this), but, ah but - the stuff on offer. It seems Oscar K. saved everything down the smallest decal, and at some point more here should know of the seller and the stuff I suggest. I've typed in the seller i.d., while just work up the habit of checking in again and again given it isn't all going at once. No relation to the seller - I just don't want things to slip beneath the cracks when modestly priced things might find a loving home.

The eBay seller is deadplasti2002

Many, many pieces on offer, some looking very good. My photos of Oscar holding forth at the 2009 Legends of Riverside gathering, and preparing to accept his medal of Legendary Status.

Kovaleski_0225.jpg

Kovelestki30888.jpg

You might recognize others among the attendees.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
I made custom water transfer decals for my 50th anniversary diecast to try and match my car. The diecast model is not quite right. The shade of white is wrong, the rims are wrong, and the model came with a spoiler. Also, while it does have louvered quarter windows, it has 4 panels instead of 3.

I removed the spoiler and filled in the holes. I want to change the rims but I can't find any that are close. Thought about repainting the model, but I don't have the skill or the equipment to do so.

I duplicated my license plates, the American Flag running pony grille emblem (didn't come out so well), black 5.0 emblems, side racing stripes, and my American flag magnet with blue, green, and red lines (to show support for the police, military, and fire dept).

Overall, all things considered, I am very happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_3193.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_3195.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_3210.jpeg

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I bought this one - as its very close to my own

2DF74254-BB31-4411-BBC5-0AFFAAC9A64D.jpeg
2E3B466E-1F72-405A-A35C-99E20846F062.jpeg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Picked up two more for the collection at Sam's today. A 1968 Cobra Jet and a 2015 Police cruiser.
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0606.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg

Last edited:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I made custom water transfer decals for my 50th anniversary diecast to try and match my car. The diecast model is not quite right. The shade of white is wrong, the rims are wrong, and the model came with a spoiler. Also, while it does have louvered quarter windows, it has 4 panels instead of 3.

I removed the spoiler and filled in the holes. I want to change the rims but I can't find any that are close. Thought about repainting the model, but I don't have the skill or the equipment to do so.

I duplicated my license plates, the American Flag running pony grille emblem (didn't come out so well), black 5.0 emblems, side racing stripes, and my American flag magnet with blue, green, and red lines (to show support for the police, military, and fire dept).

Overall, all things considered, I am very happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_0026.jpeg
-
This is the kind of post that makes me wish I had some craft skills rather than just an imagination...

Closest I ever got was removing the top from a 1:43 TR7 coupe and painting the interior and exterior to match the 1:1 car I was driving then. Oh, wait I dis something similar to a Corvair.
Sponsored