Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Those are the heating and cooling temperature controls.
Those are not 'cooling temperature controls' here or in China. They're FAN SPEED controls. And you can hear that with your own ears; no need to believe it :D. A 'temperature' control is where you can actually set a temperature, like on the HVAC system.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Those are not 'cooling temperature controls' here or in China. They're FAN SPEED controls. And you can hear that with your own ears; no need to believe it :D. A 'temperature' control is where you can actually set a temperature, like on the HVAC system.
OK, now that we have that cleared up.......You posted that after 2015 the seats were not cooled. They are.

123oks.jpg

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
This is getting a little pedantic, now. By these definitions, this is for a car with heat and "ventilation" or something. :crackup:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.2040-parts.com%2F_content%2Fitems%2Fimages%2F48%2F994948%2F001.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
"Here in China" ... guess they got Gypped, lol.

There is a low, medium and high setting for both the seat heating (red box in figure) and the seat cooling (blue box in figure). So yeah, those are technically temperature setting controls.

One bar showing is low, two bars showing is medium, and three bars showing is the high setting.

S550 Cooled Seats Info in OM-1.JPG

S550 Cooled Seats Info in OM-2.JPG

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I can't believe that this is still not fixed by Ford.

Surprisingly, despite people saying that the back doesn't work well, my 2015 EB had perfectly working cooled seats. I used to leave the setting at three blue lights and after few minutes it felt like my back (and butt) was resting on a block of ice, and passengers agreed that it almost makes your back feel numb, and we had to turn it down. Used to love using it after my martial arts class Nd by the time I made my 15 minute drive home, back was nice and cool/cold. My wife used to not like it saying it made her back too cold.
Also, my daughter sitting in the rear seat told me that the back of the seat was very warm, and when I put my hand on the perforations on the back of the seats with the cooler on, you felt hot air being pushed out of the back.

Got the car in 2014 December, and it worked perfectly for two years. And literally in a period of a few hours it went from being ice cold back to actually getting uncomfortably hot on the back.

And both driver's side and passenger side failed at the same exact time. Worked fine that morning and 2nd usage in the afternoon both seat backs were now heating the back when on cool.

Even though it was a leased car, I installed the dark mode (for gen1). It made the back from burning up while in cooling mode to ambient temp while seatbottoms were cooling.

The AC started to fail on that car as I noticed hazy film forming on front and rear windshields while the ac performance dropped. My steering rack failed just before my lease was up.

I was given a good deal to go back into anothe lease for a 2017 EB. This car, the seatbacks never cooled since I got delivery.

I dont even want to bother with installing the dark mode even though I did get it when I got my 2017.

This car, the heated seat on the drivers side failed last winter. After the repair, cooled seat still doesn't work.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I can't believe that this is still not fixed by Ford.

Surprisingly, despite people saying that the back doesn't work well, my 2015 EB had perfectly working cooled seats. I used to leave the setting at three blue lights and after few minutes it felt like my back (and butt) was resting on a block of ice, and passengers agreed that it almost makes your back feel numb, and we had to turn it down. Used to love using it after my martial arts class Nd by the time I made my 15 minute drive home, back was nice and cool/cold. My wife used to not like it saying it made her back too cold.
Also, my daughter sitting in the rear seat told me that the back of the seat was very warm, and when I put my hand on the perforations on the back of the seats with the cooler on, you felt hot air being pushed out of the back.

Got the car in 2014 December, and it worked perfectly for two years. And literally in a period of a few hours it went from being ice cold back to actually getting uncomfortably hot on the back.

And both driver's side and passenger side failed at the same exact time. Worked fine that morning and 2nd usage in the afternoon both seat backs were now heating the back when on cool.

Even though it was a leased car, I installed the dark mode (for gen1). It made the back from burning up while in cooling mode to ambient temp while seatbottoms were cooling.

The AC started to fail on that car as I noticed hazy film forming on front and rear windshields while the ac performance dropped. My steering rack failed just before my lease was up.

I was given a good deal to go back into anothe lease for a 2017 EB. This car, the seatbacks never cooled since I got delivery.

I dont even want to bother with installing the dark mode even though I did get it when I got my 2017.

This car, the heated seat on the drivers side failed last winter. After the repair, cooled seat still doesn't work.
Does anyone have an 18+ that gets a cooled back above the lower lumbar area?? At times my arse gets like I'm sitting on an ice cube. Other times it doesn't seem to work very well, even on 3. But the upper back never cools which is highly disappointing. The back is what gets annoyingly hot. Is there a fix, or is it truly the way it is designed and no way to fix it unless you are really smart, tear things apart and retrofit with new parts?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have an 18+ that gets a cooled back above the lower lumbar area?? At times my arse gets like I'm sitting on an ice cube. Other times it doesn't seem to work very well, even on 3. But the upper back never cools which is highly disappointing. The back is what gets annoyingly hot. Is there a fix, or is it truly the way it is designed and no way to fix it unless you are really smart, tear things apart and retrofit with new parts?
Rick, have you read any of this thread? :) You got what you got. There is a “fix” but most of the time it makes it worse. It was a bad design from the get go and it was never really improved.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Rick, have you read any of this thread? :) You got what you got. There is a “fix” but most of the time it makes it worse. It was a bad design from the get go and it was never really improved.
This was the 3rd post:

↑
I thought the cooled and heated seats are only for the seats and not the back rest. That is, just the actual part that is being sat on.
Nope, both do the job...to varying degrees it seems.

"Mine work well in both the heat and cooled modes..both seat and backs."

So I saw early on that there appears to be less than 100% consensus on what I'm seeing. I admit, I did not go through all 110 pages. I know this a long term issue, so I though maybe someone that had some success would chime in.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This was the 3rd post:

↑
I thought the cooled and heated seats are only for the seats and not the back rest. That is, just the actual part that is being sat on.
Nope, both do the job...to varying degrees it seems.

"Mine work well in both the heat and cooled modes..both seat and backs."

So I saw early on that there appears to be less than 100% consensus on what I'm seeing. I admit, I did not go through all 110 pages. I know this a long term issue, so I though maybe someone that had some success would chime in.
1600+ posts and you picked out the one guy whose seats worked. Kidding. :cwl::crackup: I had a 15’ so I’m well versed on this topic. Yes, a few people claimed theirs worked. Mine actually weren’t too bad on my 15’. My 19’ is so-so. There was one member who really got into it and basically rebuilt his seats. Most felt that it just wasn’t worth it.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1600+ posts and you picked out the one guy whose seats worked. Kidding. :cwl::crackup: I had a 15’ so I’m well versed on this topic. Yes, a few people claimed theirs worked. Mine actually weren’t too bad on my 15’. My 19’ is so-so. There was one member who really got into it and basically rebuilt his seats. Most felt that it just wasn’t worth it.
So what you're saying is, it's not 100% consensus, just 99 lol. To be fair, you yourself had one that "wasn't too bad" and your 19 which fit's my criteria of 18+ is "so-so." Mine is like zero on the back at anytime, I would not at all consider it "so-so." So I guess skipping 1,585 posts gets me to I got unlucky like many others, because some indeed do have it better than me. I'll be fair to the board and spend more time pouring over the content that exists. I would love to get to "wasn't too bad" and would be happier to get to "so-so."

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
The main reason why the back seat doesn't work as well is heat gets trapped in there and there so air flow to push it out. So your are just blowing around HOT air.

The lower one works better since it's on the bottom and air flows underneath the seat. It seems to work better when the A/C is on dash and floor.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anyone have an 18+ that gets a cooled back above the lower lumbar area?
Nope. Same $hit with my Bullitt, brother. And on both seats. They're 'working', because they're noisy as hell. But worth a crap. And I always have the A/C in both dash vents and floor, since even the lowest speed is too much with only the upper vents at speed (and in fresh mode). The ones on my ex-2018 F-150 worked MUCH better.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Same $hit with my Bullitt, brother. And on both seats. They're 'working', because they're noisy as hell. But worth a crap. And I always have the A/C in both dash vents and floor, since even the lowest speed is too much with only the upper vents at speed (and in fresh mode). The ones on my ex-2018 F-150 worked MUCH better.
Thanks man. Have to keep flooring it to forget...

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree with you. They're hardly "cooled." The button on the stack to turn them on says "AC," which is "air conditioning," not "ventilating," but I wasn't gonna raise this point with Ford service techs, as they have no power over the decision point. I've see lot of cars with a fan blade image there instead, which would make sense.
My father had a 2011 Mondeo (that's in Czech Republic, think a European alternative to Fusion), that had 5-level cooled seats and they worked AWESOME. For a decently priced option it was awesome especially for 2011.

I took my '19 Bullitt to a dealer and mentioned this. Wife even said it feels like it cools more on passenger than on driver side. But Ford service tech said he measured the temp and it was identical on both sides, but I doubt their methods. Frustrating to say the least.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Elp_jc

I don’t know how much of this thread you have read through; however, I know you dabble with Forscan... I posted the below previously in this thread; what are your thoughts and have you run across any such As Built data in your Forscan research?

—-

Interesting thread linked by M6G Member Chappers:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7276

I bring this up, because I’ve been saying that if someone can tap into the TED module via Forscan and adjust the output of the TED fan speed, it may improve the cooling functionality.
Sponsored