15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lund tuned.

I havent opened it yet but if its ring land failure i read that isnt usually from knock. I watched my SCT all the time and never had knock. Some false here and there.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Lund tuned.

I havent opened it yet but if its ring land failure i read that isnt usually from knock. I watched my SCT all the time and never had knock. Some false here and there.
What about Cylinder head temp average?

And they may have the sensitivity of the knock sensors turned down causing them to only see "false knock" and that's only because its something physical. Detonation is more of a wave form and not a physical knock.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Update is she gone. RIP.

Just finished the test. #7 toast. 85 psi.

Bitter sweet. Happened right in prime car season.

I guess its time for a built short block, fuel and all the boost. ‍♂
received_831223464071718.jpeg
Sorry to see that, unfortunately many of us have been there.

My car has broken every single year since I've owned it during prime car season. Lol

OP
OP
15GaurdGT

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Itll sit for awhile before i get time to tear it down. If all is good ill just through some rods and pistons in.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m having second thoughts on my Lund tune as well because my shifts from 2-3rd gear it’s seems the car jerks “ sport mode “. Maybe I’m just paranoid bec it’s setup to eat tires on those gears.

Sucks to hear you had that problem OP. If this shit ever happen to me, I’ll go back to manual because that’s all I ever drove and I miss it really.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mine was ring lands. Car ran fine. Do a compression check. Open oil cap while idling... is it puffing out with each revolution?
When you say puff on each revolutions, is that a lagged when pressing the gas??

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
When you say puff on each revolutions, is that a lagged when pressing the gas??
Huh? If the ring lands are cracked, combustion pressure makes it's way past the pistons and rings and into the crankcase pressurizing it. So if you either open the oil filler hole and/or the pvc system, air and oil fumes will be coming out when there should be nothing normally. If you press on the gas its gonna get worse. Just depends on how much combustion is making it past the pistons/rings and how many cylinders involved.

AND... you guys can't be blaming LUND tuning. Come on man. Their tunes are on point. All my logs were fine. Everyone is playing with fire when almost doubling the output of an engine not originally designed for it. Some live longer than others. They are all going to break something eventually.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Huh? If the ring lands are cracked, combustion pressure makes it's way past the pistons and rings and into the crankcase pressurizing it. So if you either open the oil filler hole and/or the pvc system, air and oil fumes will be coming out when there should be nothing normally. If you press on the gas its gonna get worse. Just depends on how much combustion is making it past the pistons/rings and how many cylinders involved.

AND... you guys can't be blaming LUND tuning. Come on man. Their tunes are on point. All my logs were fine. Everyone is playing with fire when almost doubling the output of an engine not originally designed for it. Some live longer than others. They are all going to break something eventually.
I’m definitely not blaming Lund lol. I just know this car is definitely a different car on every shift points from my old tuner because the car seems to want to got fast all the time. Logs are great as well.

I guess I’m good bec the car goes ape shit when I press the gas. Thanks for the input.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
yup 7 and 8 went for me

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Which are 7 & 8? Driver’s side back 2?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Right. Passenger side radiator to firewall 1-2-3-4. Driver side radiator to firewall 5-6-7-8.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I’m having second thoughts on my Lund tune as well because my shifts from 2-3rd gear it’s seems the car jerks “ sport mode “. Maybe I’m just paranoid bec it’s setup to eat tires on those gears.

Sucks to hear you had that problem OP. If this shit ever happen to me, I’ll go back to manual because that’s all I ever drove and I miss it really.
You can ask them to make it shift softer.
Sponsored