Sponsored

PFC V3 ROTORS

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I called Essex (talked to Wade) and am posting the part numbers here instead of everyone also having to needlessly call in and play 20 questions.

2018 front only confirmed fitment - they have not expressly confirmed 2019+ and that's because they like to see a car in person to validate but they are looking into the matter. You can of course buy a complete replacement brake system from AP for the GT but that's several thousand dollars.

13.01.20016 - left/right pair with hats and assembled. $1500
13.05.10010 (AP racing CP6572-102GA) right rotor ring
13.05.10011 (AP racing CP6572-103GA) left rotor ring

PFC is not only 1/2 the price, but they also do rears.
Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
We don't know that. If it's just the hats that are Mustang specific, the minimum order would still apply on that alone. The PFC vendor I was talking to has no background with Mustang but I can ask him to suss out from PFC if the rotor ring is a common part in which case maybe it's just $250 per person (10x order) to source the hats and then it's up to everyone to order the rings.
Well that would be huge! I hope you find out the rings are common to like some porsche like they are wit AP. I found the pfc rings to be metallurgy similar to AP and they last a long time. Other rings don't last like oe rotors. Keep me informed. When i contact pfc they are clueless

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
A vendor more or less has to take the risk and make at least the minimum order of either 10 pairs of fronts and/or 10 pairs of rears and then hope to sell them.
I can't believe that a vendor wouldn't just place the order up front for ten front and rear sets, that is only $17k. That's is not much at all for a vendor to place an order for. I used to run a small business on the weekends and placing an order for $10-15k was not a huge deal for me and I was a very small business.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I can't believe that a vendor wouldn't just place the order up front for ten front and rear sets, that is only $17k. That's is not much at all for a vendor to place an order for. I used to run a small business on the weekends and placing an order for $10-15k was not a huge deal for me and I was a very small business.

Yeah, I work in a machine shop. If you already make brake rotors it's not very to hard to adjust a few dimensions and make some rotors for Msutangs.
Guess they figure all Mustang owners are cheap asses. Which I am at times, LOL but I have no problem paying for a good product.

With that said. I just put some Willwoods on, but found out the hat offset is different than stock. So had to make a spacer to center rotor in the caliper.

1ecTMKLtn5meXYS59hnrdvef8wKNCzwfKkoDgCawObSooBHgdmxYb589EnN9QnpXehYmd_w=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

sDXUHmkVT2ncEgimc8ZkIOz_Xq_3pw5n7GvRClAgajQnRTm_Hw2T1V7Db1ZnxeLBQmSL_Ag=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Let us know how the ww last on track. And are ww pins wired? For spec vette their ww rotors are wired taking even more time to swap. AP and stoptech are no wire while pfc not even need pin kit

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I work in a machine shop. If you already make brake rotors it's not very to hard to adjust a few dimensions and make some rotors for Msutangs. Guess they figure all Mustang owners are cheap asses. Which I am at times, LOL but I have no problem paying for a good product.
PFC already made front and rear rotors for the Brembo equipped S550 and they have part numbers. PFC just wants a vendor/retailer to place an order for ten sets to produce a run of them. I was saying I'm surprised a vendor/retailer wouldn't just place the order with PFC. That's only $17k retail for ten sets, less than that at wholesale to the vendor/retailer.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Let us know how the ww last on track. And are ww pins wired? For spec vette their ww rotors are wired taking even more time to swap. AP and stoptech are no wire while pfc not even need pin kit
Not sure when I be on the track but trust me they will be tested with street use. lol
These use bolts and I didn't buy the ones with holes for the wire. So these are TQ'd down and red loctite.

I never heard of PFC and looking at there rotors, that's a pretty innovative way to swap disc. Wish all rotors were like that.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
PFC already made front and rear rotors for the Brembo equipped S550 and they have part numbers. PFC just wants a vendor/retailer to place an order for ten sets to produce a run of them. I was saying I'm surprised a vendor/retailer wouldn't just place the order with PFC. That's only $17k retail for ten sets, less than that at wholesale to the vendor/retailer.
ahh. ok. I miss understood that.

Yeah, would think American Muscle would have the equity to buy a run.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ahh. ok. I miss understood that. Yeah, would think American Muscle would have the equity to buy a run.
The problem is that alot of online vendors/retailers don't actually put money into inventory, they rely on drop shipment from the manufacturers or fulfillment centers. They are just relaying the customer order and never actually touch the product.
Sponsored