Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford built lots of Bullitt's and you see what happened there. The dealers, as always, will kill sales with their damn ADM's. Actually the Mach 1 will be even worse as it is more mainstream than the Bullitt.
I think that you can get the Bullitt for under MSRP now. Ford made enough. It's just the people that have to have it ASAP and aren't willing to wait/look/negotiate that end up paying ADMs.

I am not holding myself up as a patient person or a good negotiator. I paid $5k ADM on my GT350 when I bought that. But if I had been more patient I could have bought one now for $8k or more under MSRP.

I'm just saying that typically these cars end up going for MSRP or under.
Sponsored

Alex1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I guess I’m blessed, I don’t think I’ve seen an ADM on a bulitt or Shelby at any Ford dealers around me, usually just stick to MSRP when they first arrive. Then they drop slowly.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
525 HP stock. E85 tune and a A10, now we are talking. My dealership I bought my now sold GT350 from does not charge ADM. He currently has my deposit for a 2021 GT500 at MSRP. I am first in line for a 2021. I'm not sure I can convince the wife I need a GT500 that won't be modded and a Mach 1 that will be modded. If the Mach 1 is actually 525 hp stock, depending on the goodies it has, I might consider forgoing the GT500??? The GT500 is a lot of car, price representing that fact, for a weekend driver but damn they are nice. I'm not sure I would notice much falloff from that to a Mach 1 for an occasional track day with my level of track experience.
I'll be the first to admit, a GT500's capabilities far exceeds my track driving ability at this point. Not the drag stripe though. I don't think I would be much faster in a GT500 on a road coarse than in a Mach 1 if it is truly the best performing track 5.0 Mustang ever made.
But this Mach 1 is not a Shelby and it won't cost as much as one either.
All things to consider with a lot of unknown about the Mach 1 down to will I even like the final look of the car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think that you can get the Bullitt for under MSRP now. Ford made enough. It's just the people that have to have it ASAP and aren't willing to wait/look/negotiate that end up paying ADMs.

I am not holding myself up as a patient person or a good negotiator. I paid $5k ADM on my GT350 when I bought that. But if I had been more patient I could have bought one now for $8k or more under MSRP.

I'm just saying that typically these cars end up going for MSRP or under.
That can be said for ANY Mustang, not just the supposed “limited editions” these days... Even when the GT500 just recently hit the streets, there’s folks paying excessive ADM “just to be the first”.... which IMO it just really ridiculous...but it’s their money and my opinion.

Honestly, just wait, let the original buyers take the huge depreciation hit and then come in and by a used MACH 1 within 6-12 mos of its debut... save yourself any ADM, probably another 20% from the original MSRP plus any negotiating discounts with the selling Dealer.

The thing is this:
There will ALWAYS be a better Mustang coming down the pike, so even after the MACH 1, there’s gonna be another produced that will out perform the MACH 1 offering, which will be more powerful, handle better, be faster, look cooler, be louder and have more user gadgets in it....
———

There is one Mustang still to be produced in retro form... the B9.... and when that does come, it will most likely blow the sheet metal off any MACH 1...

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Man, I was really looking forward to this car. I thought it might be the perfect final Mustang for me to upgrade to, likely right before the end of the generation as the turbos and EVs begin their takeover of the Mustang lineup...

... But those latest spyshots might be killing my dream. I think that ridiculously aggressive front splitter is going to make it quite difficult to get that car up the driveway to my office, heh. I'm already pushing it juuust a bit with my 2015 GT PP. I hope that's part of some optional aero package or something, but I tend to doubt it.

It's crazy, though. That looks even closer to the ground than the GT350.

The thing is this:
There will ALWAYS be a better Mustang coming down the pike, so even after the MACH 1, there’s gonna be another produced that will out perform the MACH 1 offering, which will be more powerful, handle better, be faster, look cooler, be louder and have more user gadgets in it....
Not always... At least depending on how you define "better". As I was getting at above, I think we aren't far from the time where EVs and autonomous vehicles begin taking over the roads, and sports cars die off or otherwise become soulless, transmissionless, quiet speed demons. While I think we may have another generation or so left of improving on tradition, it's possible that the Mach 1 ends up being the last great NA V8 Mustang.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm trying to keep my expectations low with regards the power output. 500hp would have been plenty, in my opinion. I was hesitant to post up Ford Authorities 525hp figure as that now sets expectations high, and if Ford "only" delivers 500hp, the internet keyboard warriors will rise up with their virtual pitchforks :crazy:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That can be said for ANY Mustang, not just the supposed “limited editions” these days... Even when the GT500 just recently hit the streets, there’s folks paying excessive ADM “just to be the first”.... which IMO it just really ridiculous...but it’s their money and my opinion.

Honestly, just wait, let the original buyers take the huge depreciation hit and then come in and by a used MACH 1 within 6-12 mos of its debut... save yourself any ADM, probably another 20% from the original MSRP plus any negotiating discounts with the selling Dealer.

The thing is this:
———

There is one Mustang still to be produced in retro form... the B9.... and when that does come, it will most likely blow the sheet metal off any MACH 1...
I agree 100% on buying used. It was really cool being one of the first people to own a GT350 in 2015, but if money was my top priority it wasn't the best way to go. At the time it was what I wanted and I'm glad I bought it. It was definitely an amazing car.

But this time around I bought a 2017. It still has a powertrain warranty, but everything seems fine with it.

I'm not sure about the "there will ALWAYS be a better Mustang coming", though. It remains to be seen. Right now I prefer a 2017 GT over a newer one - for a few different reasons.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm trying to keep my expectations low with regards the power output. 500hp would have been plenty, in my opinion. I was hesitant to post up Ford Authorities 525hp figure as that now sets expectations high, and if Ford "only" delivers 500hp, the internet keyboard warriors will rise up with their virtual pitchforks :crazy:
What’s interesting is ford likes to do “firsts”.

what is the first here? At 450tq, they would break the production engine record at 90ft/lbs per litre.

the 4.5L V8 Ferrari does 88.5/L.

Porsche’s RS engine is right there too. The coyote would take them both.

so maybe there is merit here.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
What’s interesting is ford likes to do “firsts”.

what is the first here? At 450tq, they would break the production engine record at 90ft/lbs per litre.

the 4.5L V8 Ferrari does 88.5/L.

Porsche’s RS engine is right there too. The coyote would take them both.

so maybe there is merit here.
Ugh, that's worse than the youtubists making up "records". First NA, bolt-on only, driven by a lesbian on Tuesday, with subwoofers, and a black hood stripe to get 10.xx at 1XX! Remember to like/share/subscribe.

Sponsored

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
If this is going to be "the most track focused 5.0 ever" like Ford says, they're definitely going to have to add coolers to it and all the spy shots seem to confirm that. To me it looks like they've either cut holes under the headlights of the stock 18+ bumper and mounted blinkers in there for dot compliance so they can test it on the street, or fabracobbled a late s197 or gt350 front bumper on so that the coolers can get air. No way they could feed coolers that are mounted off to the sides properly with the stock 18+ bumper. My guess is the front bumper will be Mach 1 specific and similar to the 18+ super snake or Saleen with bigger openings under the headlights.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If this is going to be "the most track focused 5.0 ever"
Remember if the Mach1 is even 0.5% more track focused than a current PP2, that statement would still be true. Ha ha. So it remains to be seen if that statement was marketing crap, or a true intention :).

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6