Sponsored

Any issues obtaining a Ford Motor Credit Payoff?

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Looking at a deal that includes $3,000 of rebates, but requires Ford Motor Credit financing at "Standard" rates (5.9%). I've seen several posts suggesting take the rebates, making a single payment to FMC, then refinance through another source at a lower rate. Has anyone actually done this? If so, was there any hassle, foot dragging on FMC's part when requesting the formal payoff quote?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Looking at a deal that includes $3,000 of rebates, but requires Ford Motor Credit financing at "Standard" rates (5.9%). I've seen several posts suggesting take the rebates, making a single payment to FMC, then refinance through another source at a lower rate. Has anyone actually done this? If so, was there any hassle, foot dragging on FMC's part when requesting the formal payoff quote?
I worked at a ford dealer for a few years and fmc is very easy to work with. It depends on the deals sometimes it’s 30/60/90 days to refinance.
I had several people take all the rebate money on an f150 finance for the allotted time and pay it off immediately after.
I have never had Fmc refuse to give a payoff or do anything “shady” to me or and of our customers.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've been told that you have to make at least 1 payment before you pay it off to keep all the rebates. Don't know if its true, but its what I heard.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

Sponsored

Midmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Limited
We financed our truck to get a rebate. First payment came due we paid it off with no issues.

Not sure if it would have mattered if we were refinancing.

OP
OP
SSally

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
So to answer my own question, I took the $3,000 worth of rebates and 5.9% APR Ford Credit Financing. Several weeks after picking the car up, I got a letter from Ford Credit with my account information and billing. I contacted Ford Credit, and obtained a 10 pay-off letter. My Credit Union paid off Ford Credit, and initiated a 2.69% installment contract for the pay-off. Easy-peasy, no problems.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So to answer my own question, I took the $3,000 worth of rebates and 5.9% APR Ford Credit Financing. Several weeks after picking the car up, I got a letter from Ford Credit with my account information and billing. I contacted Ford Credit, and obtained a 10 pay-off letter. My Credit Union paid off Ford Credit, and initiated a 2.69% installment contract for the pay-off. Easy-peasy, no problems.
Yeah Credit Unions are great. How long at the 2.69?

I actually received a 3.69 for 84 months @ the ford dealer through Suntrust which I was actually satisfied with that. I know the CU has better rates so I not have a 72 month term at 2.49

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
If you have to forfeit the rebate because you paid off the loan too quickly, that should be in the terms of the finance agreement.
Sponsored