Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I currently have a 2015 GT premium but I have been considering upgrading to a 2020. I really like the look of the 2018s+ and the newer options and features, but I have been going back and forth because I hate losing all the mods I have done. Not really thinking about the money but the time and effort I have put in. Anyway, I have been talking to a dealer who has one with almost all the options I am looking for, twister orange, 401A, auto, PP, magneride, S&S, security package, and active exhaust. MSRP is 54,295, I have it down to 46,347. I also think I could get $500 for the recent college grad incentive. I know its not a great deal but I think it’s pretty good? The only other thought that I keep having is if I should wait to see what’s new for 2021. Any idea when any information about the new model year will be released?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Normally I'd say wait for 2021 but corona has everything messed up on the supply side. Supposedly 21 will have sync 4 along with the visual changes but nothing that would make you regret getting a loaded 20 unless you need to have the latest

dd766

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
wait for the 2021 if you don't like it the 2020 will go down in price anyways while you wait. There is no rush to getting a car trust me in the end you will get what you want.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a 2015 GT premium but I have been considering upgrading to a 2020. I really like the look of the 2018s+ and the newer options and features, but I have been going back and forth because I hate losing all the mods I have done. Not really thinking about the money but the time and effort I have put in. Anyway, I have been talking to a dealer who has one with almost all the options I am looking for, twister orange, 401A, auto, PP, magneride, S&S, security package, and active exhaust. MSRP is 54,295, I have it down to 46,347. I also think I could get $500 for the recent college grad incentive. I know its not a great deal but I think it’s pretty good? The only other thought that I keep having is if I should wait to see what’s new for 2021. Any idea when any information about the new model year will be released?
I really don't get it why you people change your car every 3 years. Is your car payed off ? If it's on a lease then sure go get the new one but if it's payed of why don't you just enjoy it ? The facelift is not that big of a deal and sure if you lack the sync 3 or some other comfort feature sure. But buying a new car every 3 years is not a great decision anyway and Mustangs depreciate like crazy as well.

OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Normally I'd say wait for 2021 but corona has everything messed up on the supply side. Supposedly 21 will have sync 4 along with the visual changes but nothing that would make you regret getting a loaded 20 unless you need to have the latest
That was one of my thoughts, its going to be a while before I would get a 21. My 15 has sync 2 and I do regret not having the latest system. With that being said, sync 4 has yet to even be sold in a car so who knows if it might have some issues.

wait for the 2021 if you don't like it the 2020 will go down in price anyways while you wait. There is no rush to getting a car trust me in the end you will get what you want.
I agree. I'm really trying to decide if its worth the wait though. Especially since I will probably be looking to get a 7g a year or two after in comes out.

I really don't get it why you people change your car every 3 years. Is your car payed off ? If it's on a lease then sure go get the new one but if it's payed of why don't you just enjoy it ? The facelift is not that big of a deal and sure if you lack the sync 3 or some other comfort feature sure. But buying a new car every 3 years is not a great decision anyway and Mustangs depreciate like crazy as well.
Thanks for that. And depreciation is calculated into a lease also.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We may not have long to wait for '21MY news..........when the Mach 1 news hit last Friday, Ford's quote was

"Ford today announces the Mustang Mach 1 is roaring back to life this year, with its debut coming this spring"

In theory, this should be no later than Friday 19th June. I'd hope that they'll announce all the '21MY changes at this time :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We may not have long to wait for '21MY news..........when the Mach 1 news hit last Friday, Ford's quote was

"Ford today announces the Mustang Mach 1 is roaring back to life this year, with its debut coming this spring"

In theory, this should be no later than Friday 19th June. I'd hope that they'll announce all the '21MY changes at this time :)
upload_2020-6-3_8-42-37.jpeg

OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)

So Ford is taking a hard stance on meteorological vs astronomical seasons :sun:

I sent the dealer an email trying to get the price lower. I thinking maybe I should wait then, unless they give me a great deal.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you like it and want it jump on it. It’s hard to keep up with the latest and greatest as there will always be something some new and something old. If you like the deal then get it if not wait it out. I picked up a 2019 in February I liked the deal I got and it was a car that I wanted...

you’re right these cars depreciate like crazy! I’m silly because I’ve been breaking even on cars or coming close. I had a used car that was payed off that I drove and extra 3 years payment free and I enjoyed it. Saved money for my next car and also sold that used car to put that money towards my new car. When I got my charger in 2015 I had a nice sizable down payment, I kept it for 2 and a half years close to that and I traded it in only losing the payments I made in those years (like I leased it). I took home a 17 Scat Pack with a crazy deal and 0%. That car started to have some issues, traded it in and had an extra 2 grand positive the way the deals kept working and rolling things over and the 0% helped.
I lost when I brought my challenger in the end of 2019 and it got stolen, once I got it back I didn’t have to trade it in but I did... lost a little bit there. However I still had some positive equity just not as much and I also had the tax savings... over all it was a solid deal and not I have the 5.0 which I will probably be keeping for a bit. (Hopefully)
Sponsored