Sponsored

Bullitt decklid panel - anyone replaced it?

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I initially was going to get rid of the Bullitt rear deck immediately... but I warmed up to it. Ha ha. Especially since I can't get rid of it on the steering wheel, so might as well leave it there. But glad to see there are 2 other options, and smooth. I thought the Ford Performance version was the only one, and looks like crap with the 2 unconnected ridges (just like ours, but without the Bullitt cap). Now I think it looks too plain; like something is missing. By the way, what's the difference between the CJ Pony and the other? They looked the same to me, except the price. Am I missing something? :D Thx.
You can get rid of the logo on the steering wheel, but it's expensive...and, possibly, even more "douche-y"... but I like it. That's not a sticker from China, either, LOL.
IMG_3188.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I like it now :D. It's different, and not 'douchey', as you said. Ha ha. Not going to change anything, except cosmetic stuff, like rear LED reflectors from Diode Dynamics, black Gorilla lug nuts, full LEDs, V1 mount, and maybe tint (20% rear, 35% sides)... if the guy I always used ever comes to my house (he's getting old).

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
You can get rid of the logo on the steering wheel, but it's expensive...and, possibly, even more "douche-y"... but I like it. That's not a sticker from China, either, LOL.
IMG_3188.jpeg
I was thinking about putting the plain Pony logo on the steering wheel but I’m very confused on how to do it or where to get it. Do you have links to where you got your new horn cover? And did you do the install?

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I was thinking about putting the plain Pony logo on the steering wheel but I’m very confused on how to do it or where to get it. Do you have links to where you got your new horn cover? And did you do the install?
Yeah, it's not actually a horn cover. It's the GT350 steering wheel airbag module - it's all one piece. Ordered it via my local dealership's service center b/c no online retailer would ship one (they're considered hazardous for obvious reasons). It was close to $700, but I've seen them in the $300 - 500 range, lately. I believe the part number is JR3Z-63043B13-BA. I pulled the Bullitt steering wheel airbag module per CJ Pony Parts video, and installed the GT350 module. It's pretty straightforward.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Before I warmed up to the Bullitt theme, I was told you need to mess with the airbag if you remove that cover, so that's when I ditched the idea. I thought it was going to bother me, but it doesn't. Fortunately :D.

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ha-ha, I showed my wife too. It was quickly shot down

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
I did the deck lid replacement as soon as I got the car home from the dealership. I used the Accelatec panel from CJ.

20190504-101904.jpg
Did the Accelatec come with hardware? I just watched the review and install of the CJ Pony and American Muscle offering and in the install they both re-used the factory hardware. CJ took a bit more care on the install and removed a few more trim pieces but other than that they seem identical. I’m trying to find a difference before I buy one. Normally I’d just go with the less expensive option unless there is added value (like extra hardware).

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
Did the Accelatec come with hardware? I just watched the review and install of the CJ Pony and American Muscle offering and in the install they both re-used the factory hardware. CJ took a bit more care on the install and removed a few more trim pieces but other than that they seem identical. I’m trying to find a difference before I buy one. Normally I’d just go with the less expensive option unless there is added value (like extra hardware).
I tried the Ford Performance panel, first. But, ultimately, the side bars looked like they were waiting on something I knew was never going to happen (that panel is designed for custom emblem replacement). A little while later I found the Accelatec. My recollection is the Ford Performance ($$) part included the hardware, but the Accelatec ($) did not.
IMG_3197.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
Yeah, it's not actually a horn cover. It's the GT350 steering wheel airbag module - it's all one piece. Ordered it via my local dealership's service center b/c no online retailer would ship one (they're considered hazardous for obvious reasons). It was close to $700, but I've seen them in the $300 - 500 range, lately. I believe the part number is JR3Z-63043B13-BA. I pulled the Bullitt steering wheel airbag module per CJ Pony Parts video, and installed the GT350 module. It's pretty straightforward.
After digging around I found the Pony emblem Driver Airbag Module part number for anyone who is curious. JR32-63043B13-CA. Obviously very similar part number but that took me a while to find. :crackup:

Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
The CJ video shows that you have to transfer hardware from the original to the Accelatec but I was pleasantly surprised that it came with it all and was ready for install out of the box.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I tried the Ford Performance panel, first. But, ultimately, the side bars looked like they were waiting on something I knew was never going to happen (that panel is designed for custom emblem replacement). A little while later I found the Accelatec. My recollection is the Ford Performance ($$) part included the hardware, but the Accelatec ($) did not.
IMG_3197.jpeg
That lid looks good, I just don't know if I want to remove the "Bullitt." Wife really likes it and I'm starting to lean back from "douchey" to "cool/unique." I get it, it's riding on the movie, yadayada, I see the car as something a little different than your standard GT, etc. I think I'll be leaving that. I think the Accelatec does come with hw.

I like it now :D. It's different, and not 'douchey', as you said. Ha ha. Not going to change anything, except cosmetic stuff, like rear LED reflectors from Diode Dynamics, black Gorilla lug nuts, full LEDs, V1 mount, and maybe tint (20% rear, 35% sides)... if the guy I always used ever comes to my house (he's getting old).
I think you and I were posting back and forth in a different forum. Did you end up getting the smoked sidemarkers I showed you pictures of? I think they look sweet. I'm debating a tint, but not sure yet.

I did do a full frontal Xpel wrap and the company (Pristine Auto Spa, north of Indy) did great, they threw in a free all-car ceramic since they were probably low on sales due to covid. Car looks fantastic and is a breeze to wash.
However, wheels are almost always a mess.
Anyone knows of a good spray/cleaner that makes the break dust settle/stick less?

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
If i left on the stock deck lid, I would have plasti-dipped the bullet logo, so while the size is obnoxious IMO, atleast it would be more understated. Somebody did that here a few weeks ago if wanted to look for pics. i think it turned out great.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Interestingly CARMAX have a 1 Bullitt on their website, and that has the non Bullitt deckled fitted
Sponsored