Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think that might be one of those thingies that stop the hose from getting snagged on the wheel.
Makes perfect sense!
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Is that seriously a colour matched wheel chock
Wait. You're asking about the colour (which is awesome BTW) but not why its being used to keep the car from rolling uphill (assuming driveways aren't sloped to flow water INTO the garage)? I must be missing something (wouldn't be the first).

Or is this like drains swirling in the opposite direction each side of the equator and things roll uphill there?
Why, yes, it is colour coded! :cwl:

And as mentioned, those things are called Detail Guardz hose guides, available in yellow and blue too!

https://detailingshed.com.au/collections/the-detail-guardz-canada/products/tyre-hose-guides

lb2.jpg

lb1.jpg

lb3.jpg

These are seriously handy little jiggers. I use hoses all day long in my day job, I'm a Nurseryman, kinking and snagged hoses are seriously frustrating. Eliminating it from my hobby/passion is a real bonus.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Last night I took a work colleague’s son and his best mate for a burn in the Mustang.

A little bit of back story –
As a young fella myself, I was completely obsessed with cars and craved any experience car related. My father organised a ride in one of his workers new ute in my early teens. That ute was a then brand new AU II XR6 VCT in Venom Red, fitted with all the desirable options of the time – Chrome Sports bar, Tickford body kit, leather trim and momo steering wheel. It sealed my fate as a Ford man and only fuelled my obsession. Later rides in a then new BA XR6T ute and a likewise new BA FPV GT were defining moments in my passion for cars and Fords in particular.

As an adult, having worked hard and bought some nice cars along the way, I am returning the favor so to speak. This colleague of mine has been a massive support to me in so many ways. Like me, she works hard and is the sort of person who would drop everything to help anybody who needed a hand. She is also a single mum, working 6 days a week to bring up to teenage children. Knowing her son was into cars, I offered a ride in the Mustang anytime he would like. With his 15th birthday arriving on Sunday, we organised a flame thrower ride for his extra special birthday gift. He got his pic taken in the driver’s seat and it was a joy to see the enthusiasm and excitement in his eyes. The Mustang put on a great show too, pulling HARD in the chilly winter night time air.

It was a great feeling to give a little something back in appreciation of the support this person has given me, and also perhaps fueling a new generation of car enthusiast in the same way that cemented my passion.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why, yes, it is colour coded! :cwl:

And as mentioned, those things are called Detail Guardz hose guides, available in yellow and blue too!
Ordered blue! Thanks for the tip.

Looking forward to my neighbor asking why I think my car could roll uphill.

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Sunday de-stress detailing session.

jun73.jpg
This photo looks stunning! It makes the car look the like opposite of a fire breathing monster :-)

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Installed this today, its a present from my lovely wife for my bday yesterday. what can i say well worth the investment, installed this morning and took for a quick run. its certainly a must have item. Idrive throttle controler PN:EVC622L
IMG_20200611_085653.jpg
IMG_20200611_085643.jpg
IMG_20200611_072350.jpg
IMG_20200611_085403.jpg
IMG_20200611_085346.jpg

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Basically it removes the throttle delay in the pedal to the throttle body. And it does make a very large difference that's for sure. It has economy mode, ultimate mode and AC mode (automatic control)
here is a link for the product.
https://www.idriveaustralia.com.au/

Im running it in Ultimate mode around 5 and 6 the car is much snappier now much better response, on 9 which is the max its an absolute beast I wouldn't suggest driving on that in the wet. still cant stop grinning though.
The idrive unit is made for many makes and models of cars as well.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Basically it removes the throttle delay in the pedal to the throttle body. And it does make a very large difference that's for sure. It has economy mode, ultimate mode and AC mode (automatic control)
here is a link for the product.
https://www.idriveaustralia.com.au/

Im running it in Ultimate mode around 5 and 6 the car is much snappier now much better response, on 9 which is the max its an absolute beast I wouldn't suggest driving on that in the wet. still cant stop grinning though.
The idrive unit is made for many makes and models of cars as well.
Hi Keith. What is it like when changing your drive mode from Normal to Sport +. Do you have to adjust your Ultimate mode setting at all.

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
And does it void any warranty? Is it simply plug and play with no mods to tuning or cutting into the harness?

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Th
And does it void any warranty? Is it simply plug and play with no mods to tuning or cutting into the harness?
This is a plug and play unit and as far as I know will not affect your warranty, you can just remove the unit before a service and reinstall after the service, I have a tuned car and it doesn't affect the tune re-write it etc, it on affects the signal between accelerator pedal and throttle body. Just unplug the harness that attaches to your accelerator pedal clip in the units supplied harness, attach the original harness to the other connector and attach the panel to the harness then find a location for the face panel it's that easy. One ignition is on select if your car is manual or auto the your ready to select one of the three modes. So much fun for such a simple unit.

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Hi Keith. What is it like when changing your drive mode from Normal to Sport +. Do you have to adjust your Ultimate mode setting at all.
Hi pks you can leave your ultimate mode settings as is, I no longer select sports mode at all. I'm finding the car responds well to leaving in normal mode with the unit in U5 or U6

Reactions: PKs

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
So

The last round of mods has begun on my three year timeline. On order as of yesterday are

American Racing Headers (Greet Cats 1 and 3/4 inch)
QA1 Carbon Fibre Drive Shaft
Heat Shield kit
Harrop Oil Cooler kit
Steeda Clutch pedalspring
Ford Carbon fibre Shifter
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda front control arms
GT350 Steering wheel
Diode Dynamics lighting upgrade for fog lights and tri bar kit
Replacement boot lid and Gloss black GT

Large boxes should start arriving next week. Pics and instal to follow. Calling the car done after that. Thanks to all for the advice on some of these upgrades from in here.
Sponsored

Last edited: