Sponsored

Long tubes and aftermarket active exhaust.

RenegadeRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
For those of you who've jumped into the deep end of 18+ exhausts, how loud are catted long tubes with an active catback(stainless works, borla, corsa) in quiet mode(cold starts, idle) ? I can't find a decent comparison video or any meaningful info. How loud is it compared to say the stock active in normal? Or a regular cat back. I know once you get on it, you'll wake the dead but where on the scale does it land for starting the car at 4am? Thanks.
Sponsored

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
For those of you who've jumped into the deep end of 18+ exhausts, how loud are catted long tubes with an active catback(stainless works, borla, corsa) in quiet mode(cold starts, idle) ? I can't find a decent comparison video or any meaningful info. How loud is it compared to say the stock active in normal? Or a regular cat back. I know once you get on it, you'll wake the dead but where on the scale does it land for starting the car at 4am? Thanks.
I had Kooks catted 1 7/8, H pipe, Stock Active. Cold starts in quiet mode are honestly very quiet, you wouldnt wake up your neighbors. Im running the corsa extreme active mufflers and theyre just as quiet as stock in quiet mode.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running Kooks catted and stock active exhaust and cold starts growl and taper to normal. Sound volume is greater outside the car but inside you can have conversations without interference or feel like your having to talk over the rumbling.

OP
OP

RenegadeRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I'm running Kooks catted and stock active exhaust and cold starts growl and taper to normal. Sound volume is greater outside the car but inside you can have conversations without interference or feel like your having to talk over the rumbling.

That's not too loud at all. I like it.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

Do you have the factory resonator or using a x or h pipe ?

Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the factory resonator or using a x or h pipe ?
Thats with factory resonator.
Here is a video with Borla Switchfire as only change. The dB is around 123 at wot.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had Kooks catted 1 7/8, H pipe, Stock Active. Cold starts in quiet mode are honestly very quiet, you wouldnt wake up your neighbors. Im running the corsa extreme active mufflers and theyre just as quiet as stock in quiet mode.
How was the loudness inside the car when driving in Normal, Sport, or Track with the catted Kooks, H-Pipe, and stock active exhaust? Any drone?

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I never had any drone even with kooks no cats Borla Switchfire and active exhaust. Its loud outside. Adding HFC have made it much better.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I eventually want to upgrade to catted long tube headers. I already have the Steeda H-Pipe, and I want to keep my stock active exhaust. I'm just worried about how loud it is in the cabin since it's my daily driver.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
How was the loudness inside the car when driving in Normal, Sport, or Track with the catted Kooks, H-Pipe, and stock active exhaust? Any drone?
Inside the car, the car is quiet in all modes while doing normal driving/cruising. Normal and sport sound very tame. Loud in track mode, very deep at low rpms. Nothing unbearable. No drone.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I see most long tube headers are 1 7/8" but there's also 1 3/4" and 2" (looking at catted only). Which one is best for overall power gains or is there much difference? Will they all work with the FRPP x pipe and the rest of the factory active exhaust after that? Is there a better x pipe(h pipe) for the best power gains while keeping the factory active system in place?
Sponsored