Tower Brace doesn’t say Bullitt

Pruitttands

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tracy
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt, 2019 bullitt
One of my door sill plates was ford performance other side Bullitt. Its just a build error on the line. Dealer can get u the correct one. Get it ordered before they run out.
Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
One of my door sill plates was ford performance other side Bullitt. Its just a build error on the line. Dealer can get u the correct one. Get it ordered before they run out.
Even though its a just a build error, that's pure horse shit. how can QC miss that??

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Hmmmm. How about 2020s? Do they have the same FP than yours, or the Bullitt one? The only thing that would explain the change is if Ford changed it after an 'x' chassis S/N. My car was one of the last 2019s at K7979, and has the correct brace. If your car's build is earlier than mine, then there's no excuse. Not a huge deal, but something happened to the original, and your dealer has to have an answer for that. Good luck.
My 2020 says Bullitt

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So that's 100% confirmed that it wasn't a running change. Something happened to that car, but OP might never know the story. I'd definitely get it thoroughly checked, just to make sure it didn't have some kind of accident (which happens, and dealers don't have to legally disclose them).

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
I looked at Bullitt's at several different FORD dealerships. One had a 2020 in the showroom and when i opened the drivers door - i immediately noticed it had MUSTANG along the drivers sill instead of Bullitt. I went to the passenger side and it had BULLITT so i knew it was supposed to have that. Came from the factory like that ! !

When i pointed it out to the sales guy - he commended me on my powers of observation :)

I bet they sell it like that.

Must have been in the parts bin when they where building them - passed inspection etc.....

I bet you any money that's what happened to yours - a Monday morning special :)

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
BINGO ! We have a winner !

I agree - what does it matter - it's under the hood - no one see's it and it's BETTER !!!

A one off !!!
That only applies if its the GT350 R brace. The regular GT350 is the same material and weight as the Bullitt/GT. Looking at images this is the GT350 brace. The R from FP has a different logo on it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That only applies if its the GT350 R brace. The regular GT350 is the same material and weight as the Bullitt/GT. Looking at images this is the GT350 brace. The R from FP has a different logo on it.
That picture is of the aluminum brace used on the GT350R. Mine came with the exact same plate on it which I promptly removed, had the holes welded shut (not sure of the proper term) and painted to match my OTT Stripes. My dealer doesn't get free advertising on my license frame and neither does Ford Performance without some sponsor chedda. LoL

All he has to do is touch the center bar with a magnet to confirm non-ferous.

upload_2020-6-2_11-37-38.png

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Bring it back to your selling Dealer and tell them it is a misbuild; the problem will be covered under warranty....
LOL they will tell him to f off

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
The thought crossed my mind, and wouldn’t that be cool? But she certainly sounds like a Bullitt! I think the odd tower brace gives her a bit of character, a birth mark maybe. I think I’ll keep it!
My thoughts exactly, you have a even more unique Bullitt than the rest of us! Heck, might even make it worth more someday, who knows? :sunglasses:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Even though its a just a build error, that's pure horse shit. how can QC miss that??
Despite what some Americans think America is NOT known for good build quality or QC. They just somehow got that reputation when they were the ONLY country with the ability to mass produce things after WWII while other countries were just happy to be able to build/ship anything at all.

tiju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Mine is a 2020 and it said Bullitt on the brace. Bring it back to the dealership.

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
On export cars we do not have the brace!!!
Sponsored