zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Looks great!

Crap! I just sold my PMAS for cheap as I didn’t I’d be able to use it now!!! Dammit!

Where did you end up getting the elbow from? We’re you able to put in the connections? How are the IATs with the PMAS on it?

So, I don’t think the guy with the 90mm TB has any harness at all. Can you buy the harness itself? I guess I’d still have to add the connections to make it work though.

I wonder if doing the 90mm and air intake is worth it...
Siliconeintakes.com 4" to 5" 90deg, and I have no connections to the elbow (Deleted EVAP & using breathers on Valve Covers). I would imagine you can find the harness somewhere, PN on harness is CM-9926A-M50.

Haven't finished up installing the fuel system, hopefully get it finished and started sometime this week.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Siliconeintakes.com 4" to 5" 90deg, and I have no connections to the elbow (Deleted EVAP & using breathers on Valve Covers). I would imagine you can find the harness somewhere, PN on harness is CM-9926A-M50.

Haven't finished up installing the fuel system, hopefully get it finished and started sometime this week.
I love that site. That's what I was going to use if I couldn't get a eb box for my car.

Do you get any oil in the engine bay?

You can add the quick connects back and just drill holes and get the connections back in there if you really needed to but this is probably the best thing to keep out any oil from the intake aside from a vacuum less breather can.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Here is my intercooler pumps behaviors:

- Open driver door = pump turns on for a minute or two, will turn off if I do not start engine
- Turn on ACC or engine = pumps will run and stay on as long as there is fluid in the system, if the reservoir is empty, pumps shuts off after 1-2 seconds of running dry
- Turn engine off = pump stays running for a minute or so after engine has been shut off

If your pump is not turning on when you turn engine on, then you need to double check your connection, mine is plugged into the EVAP solenoid. That harness goes to a relay that connects to a stud on the fuse box and a ground behind the bumper. Your pump should not be waiting for operating temp to turn on, it must be running 100% of the time the engine is running, no and if or buts about it. If it's not then that is the reason your IATs get so high, the coolant in the intercooler brick is sitting still soaking in all that heat.
Mine use to operate like this. I had the cap leak, which i replaced. Then I noticed the surge tank had a slow leak at temp on the front nipple. EB sent me a new tank to put on, which I have not yet, but it looks identical to what I have. The other day while driving with the A/C on in 100 degree AZ heat the IAT sky rocketed above 200. I could smell the leaking coolant. Looks like it all blew out the surge tank cap. Not sure, but now the pump is not running. I guess I need to have someone turn it on while I add coolant to prevent the auto shut off and remove the air pockets.

The replace cap seemed from O'Reillys is basically the same cap. At first it seemed good, but now it spins past tight. So dumb.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Regarding the tank

1.] What would you prefer, a bottle in the stock location with a similar size, 100% plug and play, plastic or metal?
2.] Bigger Surge (Not too much), fits in stock location, Metal, not plug and play (meaning the hoses would need to be changed to accommodate a better design to help purge air)

I've been drawing a few CAD files but I would need to get them proto-typed when i get home. Still stuck abroad for now.
I need to get the bottle off to confirm some measurements and see measure available space for bigger bottle.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I just want the provided one in the kit to not leak. :)

I mean the caps were shit now the clamps aren’t good enough and/or the bottle is defective. The new bottle they sent me looks exactly the same as the one currently leaking but it came with the metal screw clamps.

It’s actually a pain to get the system full. Keeps shutting off on me! Slow pourer I guess.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lol this is why I'm having a new one made that won't leak.
I will post up when I get it.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Lol this is why I'm having a new one made that won't leak.
I will post up when I get it.
Awesome. I mean I’m willing to pay Bro. :)

Sponsored

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi all,

Anyone see any issues running the kit 3.0 pulley on the 2300 unit? i've heard not to go below 3.25 pulley on pump gas, is it ok in this case because its only a 2300 rotor pack and not the 2650? One would hope what Edelbrock supply in their base kit would be safe to run on pump gas.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi all,

Anyone see any issues running the kit 3.0 pulley on the 2300 unit? i've heard not to go below 3.25 pulley on pump gas, is it ok in this case because its only a 2300 rotor pack and not the 2650? One would hope what Edelbrock supply in their base kit would be safe to run on pump gas.
Not sure for the 2300 that's true for the 2650. The margin for error on bad pump is nil with the 2650 with a 3.0

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Not sure for the 2300 that's true for the 2650. The margin for error on bad pump is nil with the 2650 with a 3.0
Does the 2650 come stock with the 3.0 pulley? Is the concern due to what boost level it creates? I did read somewhere that the 2300 with a 3.0 sees about 11psi boost

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does the 2650 come stock with the 3.0 pulley? Is the concern due to what boost level it creates? I did read somewhere that the 2300 with a 3.0 sees about 11psi boost
Stock with a 3.25 on the stage 1
I don't know about stage two, the lower is different on the 8 rib as well.
A 3.0 is a minimum of 12 psi on the 2650. The 3.25 is 11 lbs.
Sponsored