Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Did you think to put the car into valet mode, before turning it loose. One thing for sure the OBC should show any abuse.

Just saying you can always trust someone standing in front of you. It's a much different world today.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I dont recall exactly but 2-3 (pretty sure it had 452 when I dropped it off and it has 454 now). Detailer took it to the company that did the stripes and they picked it back up and drove it back to their shop. Trust both 100%.
When did the dealer say theyā€™d get back to you? Donā€™t leave us hanging!

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with the service manager and the engine has suffered an internal failure and will need to be replaced. They haven't torn it down far enough to know what exactly failed yet but I suspect a valve based on other threads. Insult to injury, they cant start on it for 2-3 weeks.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
If this is another valve failure, can we collect the VIN / Chassis numbers of those members? It may point to a bad batch of parts and perhaps flag other vehicles produced with the same run.

OP I hope the replacement goes smoothly for you.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just got off the phone with the service manager and the engine has suffered an internal failure and will need to be replaced. They haven't torn it down far enough to know what exactly failed yet but I suspect a valve based on other threads. Insult to injury, they cant start on it for 2-3 weeks.
Liked not for the content but for the update. Sorry thatā€™s the case. I hope your replacement is to your satisfaction.

Is the delay due to getting the motor or freeing up tech time? If itā€™s the latter, work w your dealer to see if they/you can shop around. Ask in this forum if thereā€™s anyone in your area who had a good experience.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with Ford and have a case number (buy back requested). I assume a few options will open up and we'll go from there.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Liked not for the content but for the update. Sorry thatā€™s the case. I hope your replacement is to your satisfaction.

Is the delay due to getting the motor or freeing up tech time? If itā€™s the latter, work w your dealer to see if they/you can shop around. Ask in this forum if thereā€™s anyone in your area who had a good experience.

Good Luck.
I believe tech time but I don't know for sure.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I believe tech time but I don't know for sure.
Thatā€™s a good sign. I mean itā€™s a good sign for the industry, things must be picking back up at that dealership. That said, Iā€™d think it would take a week plus to get the engine.
If you have a certified Ford Performance dealership in your area that would be the better place to take it. At least maybe speak to the tech who is going to do the work, it will either make you question or give you peace.
Iā€™d be pushing for the buy back as well but thatā€™s just me.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Weird how a valve or retainer can let loose and take a crap with the engine just idling. I mean youā€™d expect that something like that would happen more under load, not idling.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Weird how a valve or retainer can let loose and take a crap with the engine just idling. I mean youā€™d expect that something like that would happen more under load, not idling.
No telling when the part actually failed and then finally let go.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They have had to get a bad batch of valves - there have been a couple others that did the same thing and a valve broke and wedged itself in the cylinder
Sponsored