Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having an issue with the next step of this disassembly. It would appear the top plate for the E brake would need to come off but it won't budge. Is there a trick or is more force needed? There are a million videos about changing break pads/rotors but few on rebuilds. Thanks in advance for any insight.- Shane
ddddd.jpg

98346251_194528308279178_1450208588101320704_n.jpg
Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It is pressed onto a splined shaft. You just have to pry it from underneath on both sides. These are a serious PITA to do. I did it and they work, but next time I will buy a set.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is pressed onto a splined shaft. You just have to pry it from underneath on both sides. These are a serious PITA to do. I did it and they work, but next time I will buy a set.
Yeah they are def cheap enough do to deal with the pain. When powder coating though....sigh. I found tons of videos for other calipers but not a single one for this one. It should def be simpler to get this thing apart for a rebuild.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Question, why the rebuild, pad replacements don't typically require a caliper to be rebuilt?

That caliper is a pretty standard readily available part. Just buying the unit from a good source, not talking auto zombie type.

Would be money well spent and a load of time, saved.

Let's face it, if the caliper is so worn as in leaking seals or piston dragging, not releasing it's shot anyway.

Just saying

Pep

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Question, why the rebuild, pad replacements don't typically require a caliper to be rebuilt?

That caliper is a pretty standard readily available part. Just buying the unit from a good source, not talking auto zombie type.

Let's face it, if the caliper is so worn as in leaking seals or piston dragging, not releasing it's shot anyway.

Just saying

"found tons of videos for other calipers but not a single one for this one." That just may be indicating something to think about.

Pep

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Just saying

Pep
Pulling all the brakes for powder so all seals, boots have to be removed/replaced. ;)

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I’m planning on doing the same. Got a set up from Eastwood and the rebuild kit. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the fronts done and currently doing the install. On the rears I had the bracket coated but not the caliper. I've painted them black because I didn't want to try and paint them to match and be off. If I don't like the way it looks I can give it a go at a later time. No worries there.
102374225_687582838742232_5326877245860840353_n.jpg
Sponsored