Line Lock

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If you plan on using the line lock feature often, I would suggest using an aftermarket option. I could never get the standard line lock to work at all, even on a flat surface, wheels straight and brake smashed to the floor lol.
I ran into the same issue until I figured it out. So you hold the button in until the wheel is shown. It tells you then to step on the brake and you have to push very very hard on the brake. Once you do that you must press okay while your foot is still on the brake. Then the timer starts which is 15 seconds. As you're burning the tires and you're comfortable with how much you've done that, push the okay button and it cancels line lock your tires are then hot and it's ready to rock and roll.

As far as the comments about what you need to do to launch the car, I have used sport sport plus normal track and drag strip mode. in a straight line all you need is traction control off not advancetrac. The launches are virtually identical and I've done hundreds. As I've stated before with my Falkens, the car has almost no wheel spin except shifting into second and my times are consistently 4 and 1/2 seconds 0 to 60 completely stock. I recommend brake torquing the car up to about 22 to 2400 RPM and launching it.
Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I ran into the same issue until I figured it out. So you hold the button in until the wheel is shown. It tells you then to step on the brake and you have to push very very hard on the brake. Once you do that you must press okay while your foot is still on the brake. Then the timer starts which is 15 seconds. As you're burning the tires and you're comfortable with how much you've done that, push the okay button and it cancels line lock your tires are then hot and it's ready to rock and roll.

As far as the comments about what you need to do to launch the car, I have used sport sport plus normal track and drag strip mode. in a straight line all you need is traction control off not advancetrac. The launches are virtually identical and I've done hundreds. As I've stated before with my Falkens, the car has almost no wheel spin except shifting into second and my times are consistently 4 and 1/2 seconds 0 to 60 completely stock. I recommend brake torquing the car up to about 22 to 2400 RPM and launching it.

Unfortunately I tried all that, and another buddy of mine tried it as well on his which no success. It may have been because of the custom tune we had but at that point who knows.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

This worked for me I was able to get line lock activated. Advanced track shouldn’t even be an option turn on or off. Advanced track is similar to traction control in my eyes.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Advancetrac will detect sideways movement. So we'll kick in if you start sliding off the road. I had a terrible time with using line lock on the Bullitt until I got the hang of it. what's happening where it's not working as people are not holding their foot tight on the break after it says okay they're letting up. can't do that; have to keep holding it super hard and pushing the OK button after the day says OK. As the OP said, it works in all the modes.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Advancetrac will detect sideways movement. So we'll kick in if you start sliding off the road. I had a terrible time with using line lock on the Bullitt until I got the hang of it. what's happening where it's not working as people are not holding their foot tight on the break after it says okay they're letting up. can't do that; have to keep holding it super hard and pushing the OK button after the day says OK. As the OP said, it works in all the modes.
yeah the break part is easy to get stamp on it as hard as you can. The ok button part is what confused me a bit. Have to play with the dodge again to see which one gives easier “computer” burn outs.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I think for line lock it will say its not available unless you literally hold OK the whole time lol

it doesnt really do a good job of telling you that. lol.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think for line lock it will say its not available unless you literally hold OK the whole time lol

it doesnt really do a good job of telling you that. lol.
they should make it more user friendly

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Used it successfully today. First time @ 2500 miles. My buddies neighbor said she wish her son was there to see it.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Might be heading it the track if this weather ever clears.
For you track guys with an A10, do you find the car shifts better in track mode with the shifter in D or S?
Sponsored