What Happened to my America?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Thanks, but not sure you have read the Constitution...at least of the United States version. I never said that anyone is guaranteed success in any opportunity afford to them. I actually said the framers wrote it to guarantee that everyone has an opportunity. I also said that not everyone takes advantage of them. Also some folks don't get as many as others (sort of what surrounds the current protests (sparked by the death of a human being).

I do agree with you that if you are lazy or complacent etc, and you complain all the time about people who did work hard and became successful (not necessarily rich), then yeah "suck it up".

Take a few minutes and look through the entire Constitution, it may make you think again of what that document is about and how it ties into the protests you see currently.

One last thought, this type of "debate" is exactly what the Madison and Jefferson et al wanted.
Yes, I guess I don't understand the Constitution. Please show me where it guarantees me opportunities for anything. Which branch of the government should I check with about these opportunities?
Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
No, I'm looking for supporting evidence that this is all because of liberal policies like hack and you have said. Both parties are at fault for what is currently going on, don't try to be all high and mighty like some Republicans aren't equally or more than racist as some Democrats, goes the same way for policies.

Trump and quite a few of his closest allies are indeed racists. Are they white supremacists? No idea, however, he does have a lot of white supremacists support and I'm pretty sure they know a friend when they see one.

Never heard of this before. Care to provide a link?

Of course, division is good for ratings, but they don't need to do much when they're literally quoting President Trump. He basically does their job for them. I don't agree with how the media operates but can't knock them when they're just quoting the man. Want better media? Help get the fairness doctrine back.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I wonder if I start a thread on pasta sauce how you all will turn it political. Politics is always an easy scapegoat. All these arguments thats its politics fault. How about these people are just dicks and bad people. Politics dont make people bad they are that way regardless. You put 6 people on a deserted island and guess what... they gonna fight and have bias and hate each other and fight. No politics there just people being the assholes they are. And thats the problem.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I wonder if I start a thread on pasta sauce how you all will turn it political. Politics is always an easy scapegoat. All these arguments thats its politics fault. How about these people are just dicks and bad people. Politics dont make people bad they are that way regardless. You put 6 people on a deserted island and guess what... they gonna fight and have bias and hate each other and fight. No politics there just people being the assholes they are. And thats the problem.
You've got your answer early on - inequality is what drove this. You can only try to brainwash people for so long that they're living an american dream, having two low paid jobs to survive and no health insurance so any major illness makes you bankrupt. Movement to change it has not nothing to do with being liberal, it has everything to do with being a civilized country that actually cares about its people.
Later you've just got people arguing world needs to look certain way "because it will be better" but fail to explain why. They're missing the point the world has changed significantly since them boomers were young and it's not going back ever. Also, "I am not racist because I have a black friend", oldest racist excuse ever.

From other news, Trump is now loosing to Biden in Ohio off all places. Per Fox News. LOLOLOLOLOL.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
This is what we call a straw man argument. Thousands die from gun violence and crime in Republican held states are they not just as liable? How about 100k+ dead from the coronavirus which is due, in large part, to a lack of federal response. Or, the President who quoted Walter Headley and said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts." Plenty and plenty of examples for either side.

Do I need to provide the mountains of supporting evidence that he is, in fact, a racist?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump?wprov=sfla1

Obviously, you can double check any of those. But I assume you're going to respond with something like "but has he been charged with racism??"

Yeah, dude was a PoS in the 1940s. But aren't you the guy who says we shouldn't persecute people for their pasts? Not to downplay who he was or what he might have done, but it would seem he was young and stupid, and then grew up and spent the rest of his life continually repudiating everything the KKK stood for, not to mention apologizing for it. Isn't that how real people change in the real world? Someone who climbs out of the darkness into the light and acknowledges their mistakes should be celebrated, not vilified, right?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/106189-naacp-mourns-byrds-death

Seems like the NAACP forgave him and who am I to argue against that.

I don't believe getting into twitter fights is the job of the President.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Also, "I am not racist because I have a black friend", oldest racist excuse ever.
Ive had two black girlfriends so is that an excuse as to why Im not racist? See this is part of the problem. people cant be not racist. Dosent matter IM tired of defending myself that im not racist. in todays world if you are white you are racist. I Actually had a black man tell me I was racist even after meeting my black girlfriend. you cant win.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ive had two black girlfriends so is that an excuse as to why Im not racist? See this is part of the problem. people cant be not racist. Dosent matter IM tired of defending myself that im not racist. in todays world if you are white you are racist. I Actually had a black man tell me I was racist even after meeting my black girlfriend. you cant win.
That actually was not addressed to you at all, had some other posts in mind in this thread - and also generally whenever someone brings things like that to prove something. Your words and how you treat other people shows who you are, not that you have a friend that this or that color (again - in general - not addressed to you)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes, I guess I don't understand the Constitution. Please show me where it guarantees me opportunities for anything. Which branch of the government should I check with about these opportunities?
Ok, you must have a reading comprehension problem not sure why you don't understand what these documents provide you and every citizen of America. Yes, nowhere does it implicitly state "guarantee of opportunities" but it is implied as such. The documents I cited were an attempt to create a society where everyone is equal and everyone has the same opportunities as the next person. These types of documents did not exist prior. In that day no one had the rights and protections these documents afforded. They were what the framers sought to guarantee that you would have a chance to make a good life. Like any guarantee, it is not all encompassing and no guarantee that you will be successful....it just provides that you had a chance. It starts with the Declaration of Independence, is defined in the Constitution and more detailed in the Bill of Rights. Without those documents, this country and the world would be a much different and most likely darker place.

So if you feel that these documents are not meant to create a free society and provide an environment for hope, prosperity and opportunity, what were they meant for?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That actually was not addressed to you at all, had some other posts in mind in this thread - and also generally whenever someone brings things like that to prove something. Your words and how you treat other people shows who you are, not that you have a friend that this or that color (again - in general - not addressed to you)
OH no I understand. sorry not directed at you actually just got a little triggered there LOL

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sooo about that pasta.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Its the {insert political party} fault its not called freedom sauce. Bastards.
I'm sure it can be argued how pasta is racist and sexist as well

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mmmmm Pasta.....

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Also, anyone else feel like this thread is now the same as the last several that devolve into political garbage? The OP even said leave politics out of it yet it just can't be helped. Furthermore, the actual weight of what is being said changes absolutely nothing. Venting is great and all but again, it was specifically asked not to come into this thread. Personally, politics to me is a waste of energy, one lowly lower middle class guy like myself can't change anything so why bother.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Ok, you must have a reading comprehension problem not sure why you don't understand what these documents provide you and every citizen of America. Yes, nowhere does it implicitly state "guarantee of opportunities" but it is implied as such. The documents I cited were an attempt to create a society where everyone is equal and everyone has the same opportunities as the next person. These types of documents did not exist prior. In that day no one had the rights and protections these documents afforded. They were what the framers sought to guarantee that you would have a chance to make a good life. Like any guarantee, it is not all encompassing and no guarantee that you will be successful....it just provides that you had a chance. It starts with the Declaration of Independence, is defined in the Constitution and more detailed in the Bill of Rights. Without those documents, this country and the world would be a much different and most likely darker place.

So if you feel that these documents are not meant to create a free society and provide an environment for hope, prosperity and opportunity, what were they meant for?
Now you're getting it, but you aren't quite there yet. You should go back to the history books and read up on an 805 year old document called the Magna Carta. Although more recently it was determined to be about the rights that English Barron's held, it was long belived to bestow certain personal freedoms and liberties to the common man, and the Framers borrowed from it heavily.
Sponsored