Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
  • Banned
As the title says my Ford by borla sport exhaust x pipe has cracked on each end. Has anyone had this happened?

Was it covered under warranty? Is the Ford racing by borla covered under the same million mile warranty that borla has??

It's leaking a pretty good amount out of of the cracks already and I'm sure it's only going to get worse.

Some pics attached.
20200531_175445.jpg
20200531_180935.jpg
20200531_175631.jpg
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The Ford Performance by Borla exhaust doesn't appear to have the same million mile warranty as a Borla exhaust. You'll have to read through the details of the warranty to be sure, though:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

It appears to cover some exhaust systems - the model numbers are listed on page 2. The warranty details are on pages 9 and 10.

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
  • Banned
Anyone know if this is available for purchase separate? The Ford by borla sport X pipe?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Anyone know if this is available for purchase separate? The Ford by borla sport X pipe?
Probably not from FP but you can just have it TIG welded up. I have seen several posts online with these cracking and one guy in the Houston S550 FB group showed pictures of his mangled exhaust system from when the FP/Borla X-pipe cracked completely in two and the exhaust pipes fell down and were ripped off. The FP/Borla X-pipe is constructed differently than the Borla X-pipe but has the same overall dimensions. The Borla part is better construction than the stamped FP/Borla part and should fit. I replaced my FP/Borla X-pipe with the Borla Resonator with internal H-pipe.

140590_xlarge.jpg

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Yes, I had that very same thing happen to my x pipe on the very same system. And yes, Borla was quick to replace it under warranty. However, what you will end up with is the same x pipe with the same faults. I ended up replacing mine with a Steeda x pipe and had it cut to fit after a LTH install. The Steeda unit is hard to beat for the price considering it is 304 stainless.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Check the Roush X pipe out. It is TIG welded that borla thing looks like a MIG weld.

Of course TIG welded parts cost a bit more, and there is a very good reason for that.
Sponsored