Sponsored

Non-Magride Ford Performance Track Handling Pack- Can you put together a better package for same $?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Ford Performance Track Handling Pack seems to go for about $1500 but occasionally this pops up a little cheaper.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

The kit includes:
  • (2) Struts (pre-assembled)
  • (2) Shocks
  • (4) Springs
  • (2) Upper Strut Mounts
  • (2) Front Jounce Bumpers
  • (2) Rear Jounce Bumpers
  • (1) Front Sway Bar
  • (1) Rear Sway Bar
  • (4) Polyurethane Bushings
  • (2) Rear Toe Links
  • Required hardware
Folks seem generally positive on the combo that Ford is offering here and a factory backed package is very appealing...but sometimes, it's possible to get better stuff for the same money if you're willing to give up the Ford brand or if there are components that you don't need.

Can you do better for the money?

IIRC, the BMR Cradle Lockout should be added to any suspension-upgraded Mustang too.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you watch the classifieds you can get some good deals too. This guy just sold the set for $800: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...kit-m-fr3a-m8-new-in-box.142152/#post-2914782

If you want new, @LevittownFordParts can hook you up with a much better price than American Muscle every time.

I like my Steeda setup (non-adjustable), but these (the shocks/struts specifically) would probably rank above it other than the springs which a lot of people swap out. Bilstein HD6 are supposed to be even better than these Track shock/struts too, so if I were doing it right now I think I would do something like:

• Bilstein shocks/struts
  • Steeda linear springs (either Sport or Ultralite)
  • Steeda camber plates (not needed with the track setup because the springs don't drop as much)
  • Steeda adjustable bump stops (huge improvement over the cut stock ones I had when I had Sportlines originally)
  • Steeda adjustable sway bars (I like both, but I'm a street driver - some of the more 10/10 drivers say only front bar IIRC)
  • BMR CB005 or Steeda stop the hop starter kit

For the toe links, I think these aren't required because all GT's come with the improved ones but I could be wrong on that.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
FRPP Track Damper Kit ~$500 + shipping (comes fully assembled with all new stops, covers, and mounts)

Steeda Bars ~ $426 (w/10% forum discount)

Springs of your choice ~ $250

Steeda Roll-Center / Bumpsteer Kit ~ $300 (w/10% forum discount)

Total - $1476 + shipping on the dampers.

With this you get bars with collars, roll center corrected, bump steer under control, and choose your own springs.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
FRPP Track Damper Kit ~$500 + shipping (comes fully assembled with all new stops, covers, and mounts)

Steeda Bars ~ $426 (w/10% forum discount)

Springs of your choice ~ $250

Steeda Roll-Center / Bumpsteer Kit ~ $300 (w/10% forum discount)

Total - $1476 + shipping on the dampers.

With this you get bars with collars, roll center corrected, bump steer under control, and choose your own springs.
Fully assembled shocks doesn't help much as the have to disassemble them to install springs, the Track Pack front struts are ready to install, with springs, and you don't have to worry about spring compressors or the dangers of uninstalling/installing the springs in the struts.

Any suspension change, step 1 is to ask what do you want from the new suspension.
The track pack is a reasonably priced package for what it does, that is designed to work together. By itself, it's not fully track ready.

What parts might be better is a function of you application/what you plan to do with the suspension more than just cost.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll second the Ford track dampers+SP083 combo. The Steeda adjustable Pro-Actions are also fine as long as you don't get carried away with spring (ie. don't do the dual-rates). Their pro-Actives (with progressive springs) though don't impress - not enough rebound damping especially up front and the slow-comp is too high - car is never settled and mid-corner bumps are handled poorly. At the end of the day spend the money and get adjustable suspension and just cross Koni and derivatives off your list.
Sponsored