PP2 mustang Opinion and review

1720stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT, 2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hello. Just purchased a 2020 GT PP2 mustang. For those who already own one for awhile can you give your opinion and Review of the car?
Sponsored

Jimmy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado, 2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hello. Just purchased a 2020 GT PP2 mustang. For those who already own one for awhile can you give your opinion and Review of the car?
Congrats on the PP2, make sure you get some paint protection film and some Rockblockz to keep the paint nice.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Congrats on the PP2, make sure you get some paint protection film and some Rockblockz to keep the paint nice.
Congratulations, you have a very potent rack car underneath your butt. I am transforming mainly from Porsche into this Mustang and have had great times learning how to drive this car fast. It is incredibly stable at speed and seems to work better the faster you go. The Cup 2's are very good and with 305's on the front, she really turns in well. I changed the front camber plates for a track alignment set up. I was worried about the rear diff cooling issues so I installed a Full Tilt Boogie diff cooler and I just put in a Tri Ax (Steeda) shifter. I am loving the car in every way and look forward to the coming track season.
Mustang Driving 4.jpg

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Neither here nor there but isnā€™t it customary to read reviews before you drop $45,000?

Congrats on your new hotrod! :)

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yup a HotRod it is fore sure, reading reviews ? Never even test drove one and plunked down the $$$$

First ride was off the lot, first Mustang. Understand the following & loyalty of the owners.

This Mustang is art work refined. Speaks to the heart and sole of a car guy . And pumps out good power..

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Congratulations! Itā€™s a killer car capable of 3-4 crazy fast laps at the track before everything starts to overheat.

I love the car for the street. Track Pack Level 2 is a bit of a misnomer!

Iā€™m hopeful after throwing ~$5k In additional cooling and brakes at mine I finally have a reliable fast track beater as well!

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Congratulations! Itā€™s a killer car capable of 3-4 crazy fast laps at the track before everything starts to overheat.

Iā€™m hopeful after throwing ~$5k In additional cooling and brakes at mine I finally have a reliable fast track beater as well!
I am not sure where you are running, but with the Full Tilt Boogie diff cooler and Motul fluids, I ran two full days at Oregon Park Raceway in 105 degree F ambient temperatures, seven tanks of gas and the car performed without a hitch. Not even a hint of brake fade. The Cup 2's were molten during the day but stood up to the abuse.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I am not sure where you are running, but with the Full Tilt Boogie diff cooler and Motul fluids, I ran two full days at Oregon Park Raceway in 105 degree F ambient temperatures, seven tanks of gas and the car performed without a hitch. Not even a hint of brake fade. The Cup 2's were molten during the day but stood up to the abuse.
To clarify, I found If you drive the car at ~80% of its capability it will stay cool in stock form with a diff cooler.

I am running the FTBR diff cooler and that is certainly the fix for the rear diff, but not the complete fix if you plan on ā€œfull sendā€

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros

Yeah..perhaps that is why they didn't name it Track Pack Level 2. It's Performance Pack Level 2. The track part is left off oddly enough.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats on the awesome car - be sure to enjoy it and stay away from this site to remain in absolute bliss. I made a huge mistake a couple years back when I bought my car by coming here to look for fellowship/shared bliss - lots of nice folks here but also - lots of bad whiny ones that complain about absolutely everything.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the awesome car - be sure to enjoy it and stay away from this site to remain in absolute bliss. I made a huge mistake a couple years back when I bought my car by coming here to look for fellowship/shared bliss - lots of nice folks here but also - lots of bad whiny ones that complain about absolutely everything.
Hey they are laughable, imagine how pissed off they are and stuck with the payment every month.

Man that is comedy in its purest form.... LMAO