Ford Performance released its PP2 replica wheels

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
What size tires and rims would give the same look as I currently have??
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If youre driving in snow, traction is much more important than look. Unless you wanna look good while fishtailing down the road. I run a 8.5-9in 19 or 18in wide wheel in the winter Style doesn't mean much as I'm driving in road salt.

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I'm from komnifornia, no snow in my area and not a whole lotta rain either. Thank God we don't use road salt, in the sierras it's snow tires or chains. When I go skiing that is what the 4x4 is used for.
I did find some 305/30-19 all season tires which will work fine for everyday, when I want to take it to the track I'll put on the cup 2's, those tires are too expensive for daily drive.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Glad some of you guys installed them already. My set is collecting dust for some time now. Hope to mount it all at year end with the Ford Performance Mag handling kit

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Here is some feed back on the Zeon RS3-G1 “high performance” all season tire that I just put on my PP2. These were the only 305/30-19 all season tires I could find manufactured by anyone.
They definitely ride smoother and don’t kick up rocks/gravel like the cup 2’s. Unfortunately they don’t handle near as well as the cups, which I knew was going to be the case to some extent.
It feels like a completely different car. With all the nanny controls off it is very loose, BUT the burnouts and drifting is much much better..:)

Sponsored

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
Keep in mind that the front of a Mustang is its heavy end and it's the end that gets the cornering started and keeps it controlled.

If you want a good setup for a serious HPDE effort, 10" wide wheels on the front of a 3600+ lb front-engine car probably aren't 'aggressive' enough. The tire to wheel fitment tables will tell you that you can fit 285 tires on 9.5" wide wheels, but what the tables can't tell you is that maxing out the tire size to a given wheel width softens turn-in response and gives away some steering precision. FWIW, 285-wide tires work much better on 11" wide wheels, though you'd probably have to have a "conventional appearance preferences be damned, just give me the performance" attitude. Personally, I don't think I'd want to run tires intended to see track time on wheels any narrower than half an inch narrower than "max recommended". Or any amount narrower than "measuring width" for any use.

I can't help you much as far as color or finish is concerned, beyond noting that any track-capable pad is going to throw lots of dust, and that any low-dust pad formulation won't be up to the demands of track driving.

Norm
Keep in mind that the front of a Mustang is its heavy end and it's the end that gets the cornering started and keeps it controlled.

If you want a good setup for a serious HPDE effort, 10" wide wheels on the front of a 3600+ lb front-engine car probably aren't 'aggressive' enough. The tire to wheel fitment tables will tell you that you can fit 285 tires on 9.5" wide wheels, but what the tables can't tell you is that maxing out the tire size to a given wheel width softens turn-in response and gives away some steering precision. FWIW, 285-wide tires work much better on 11" wide wheels, though you'd probably have to have a "conventional appearance preferences be damned, just give me the performance" attitude. Personally, I don't think I'd want to run tires intended to see track time on wheels any narrower than half an inch narrower than "max recommended". Or any amount narrower than "measuring width" for any use.

I can't help you much as far as color or finish is concerned, beyond noting that any track-capable pad is going to throw lots of dust, and that any low-dust pad formulation won't be up to the demands of track driving.

Norm
Norm -
Will I be able to fit the PP2 wheels and 305’s on my PP1? I do HDPE but am looking for a track day and wheel and tire to swap for track days without changing front studs and using a spacer? What do you recommend for a track wheel and tire setup? I have Ford Track Dampners with BMR SP083 springs and Steeda Camber Plates and BMR Rear Shock mounts. Also have Steeda Lateral Link and Lower Control arm with bearings for roll center correction and Steeda bump steer kit. I was looking at 19x10 square as well for simplicity in swapping off and on for daily wheels and tires. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Norm -
Will I be able to fit the PP2 wheels and 305’s on my PP1? I do HDPE but am looking for a track day and wheel and tire to swap for track days without changing front studs and using a spacer? What do you recommend for a track wheel and tire setup? I have Ford Track Dampners with BMR SP083 springs and Steeda Camber Plates and BMR Rear Shock mounts. Also have Steeda Lateral Link and Lower Control arm with bearings for roll center correction and Steeda bump steer kit. I was looking at 19x10 square as well for simplicity in swapping off and on for daily wheels and tires. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
This is from my experience. I have almost the same suspension setup as you with the exception of springs. You can't run 305s at the front without changing the studs. I ran the OEM PP wheels with extended studs and 1" inch spacer at the front for 1.5 years - no issues, also did couple of track days they were decent. But the Steeda control arms and a spacer at the front was causing a minor issue - the steering was binding at full turns. Once i got rid of the spacer at the front the issue went away. I now have the SVE 19x10 wheels which are PP2 replicas running in 285/35 square. I'm happy with them, car feels more nimble and understeer is reduced. I haven't tracked yet after getting new wheels but i love the steering response now, also ride quality hasn't suffered much. The fronts rub the inner fender liner a tad bit at full turn of the steering, i might get a 5mm spacer to resolve this.

Last edited:

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
This is from my experience. I have almost the same suspension setup as you with the exception of springs. You can't run 305s at the front without changing the studs. I ran the OEM PP wheels with extended studs and 1" inch spacer at the front for 1.5 years - no issues, also did couple of track days they were decent. But the Steeda control arms and a spacer at the front was causing a minor issue - the steering was binding at full turns. Once i got rid of the PP wheels the issue went away. I now have the SVE 19x10 wheels which are PP2 replicas running in 285/35 square. I'm happy with them, car feels more nimble and understeer is reduced. I haven't tracked yet after getting new wheels but i love the steering response now, also ride quality hasn't suffered much. The fronts rub the inner fender liner a tad bit at full turn of the steering, i might get a 5mm spacer to resolve this.
Thanks for your response. I like the SVE SP2 wheel as well. They are on back order. I think I may go the 19x10 route as well for simplicity and easy wheel change between track days and daily driving.

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Here is a birds eye view of the 19x10s with 285/35 tires. I added a quick side view to show how it sits. These are on the FP W springs which are supposed to be a 20mm drop.

Front:
front1 - birds eye view.jpg

Rear:
rear1 - birds eye view.jpg

Side:
side1.jpg
Thanks Gismo -- did you mount the 10 inch wide wheel from Ford Performance to the front wheel? Does it fit? I noticed they guide it for rear only, but I was looking at a 10 inch wide setup for the front, and a 11 inch for the back.

OP
OP
gismo4

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Thanks Gismo -- did you mount the 10 inch wide wheel from Ford Performance to the front wheel? Does it fit? I noticed they guide it for rear only, but I was looking at a 10 inch wide setup for the front, and a 11 inch for the back.
Sorry for the confusion. I updated that post. Those are the SVE SP2 19x10 wheels, not the ford performance wheels. The SP2 19*10 has an offset of 35mm and the ford performance wheel is 19*10 with an offset of 52.5mm. If I did my math correctly, that means the ford performance wheel would sit inside the fender by about 0.689". I don't know if that extra 0.689" would hit something inside during turns or not. If you want a square setup, I'd recommend the SVE SP2 wheels. If you want the OEM quality, you could try using a spacer with these, but I'd stick with the staggered setup ford performance recommends. Maybe someone else can share their thoughts as well.

Sponsored

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm running these Ford Performance wheels in the PP2 sizes. 10.5 and 11 wide with 305/30 sport cup 2's.

-Tony
20200313_182137.jpg
Hi Tony. Thank you for posting this. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this setup, I have a PP1 2019 non-magneride setup. You have been running this for sometime, any fitment issues you have experienced? Did you have to use any spacers? It looks like these new Ford Performance wheels have better fitment than the PP2 OEM wheels with less poke. Summit advised me to go 9.5 inch on the front, and 11 inch on the back and I am considering that setup too.

TonyR85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Tony. Thank you for posting this. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this setup, I have a PP1 2019 non-magneride setup. You have been running this for sometime, any fitment issues you have experienced? Did you have to use any spacers? It looks like these new Ford Performance wheels have better fitment than the PP2 OEM wheels with less poke. Summit advised me to go 9.5 inch on the front, and 11 inch on the back and I am considering that setup too.
No rubbing issues. No spacers. I've put a couple thousand miles on them. These are the exact same size and offsets as the OEM PP2 wheels. They look like they fit better because the car is lowered and it has a lot of negative camber in the front.

-Tony

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Does anyone know if the offset is the same for both front and rear wheels for the the 18-20 pp2 wheels? I know the fronts are 19x10.5 and rears are 19x11. Trying to order a replacement wheel to use as a spare, but not sure if i need to order the front or rear wheel. In other words, will the front wheel work in the rear position and will the resr wheel work in the front position, depending on which tire goes flat? Was thinking to order the front since 1/2” narrower. Anyone know?

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Does anyone know if the offset is the same for both front and rear wheels for the the 18-20 pp2 wheels? I know the fronts are 19x10.5 and rears are 19x11. Trying to order a replacement wheel to use as a spare, but not sure if i need to order the front or rear wheel. In other words, will the front wheel work in the rear position and will the resr wheel work in the front position, depending on which tire goes flat? Was thinking to order the front since 1/2” narrower. Anyone know?
Same factory offset

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Are you sure? Was just looking at the CJ pony site that shows that front has a six and a half inch offset and the back is 7 and 1/2 in I am confused.
Sponsored