Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You do have an over simple view of the world :like:
Au contraire. My world is driven by Design and Complexity. Non-decision results in certain failure. Uninformed decisions net similar results. Conversely, success (in "this world") relies on the ability to synthesize complex facts and systems into easily understandable explanations that lead to sound decisions. No one (in this world) is impressed by displays of intellectualism. Results matter.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52751661

A little bit of positive news. 30 million of those doses are for the UK which combined with natural exposure would get us close to the 60% - 70% we need. Just got to get 30 million doses into 30 million people which will not be the work of a moment ! let's hope it works - initial trials have been very positive producing the required protective antibodies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Has everybody forgotten the small matter of a virus pandemic ?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-exper.../6/2/29940413-d6d2-4dfb-8cfd-744d56b019b8.jpg

The Right Rev Mariann Budde told the Washington Post: "I am outraged... was not given even a courtesy call that they would be clearing with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop, holding a Bible... one that declares that God is love when everything [Trump] has said and done is to enflame violence.

"I don't want President Trump speaking for St John's."
upload_2020-6-2_9-40-21.gif
upload_2020-6-2_9-41-31.gif

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-exper.../6/2/29940413-d6d2-4dfb-8cfd-744d56b019b8.jpg

The Right Rev Mariann Budde told the Washington Post: "I am outraged... was not given even a courtesy call that they would be clearing with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop, holding a Bible... one that declares that God is love when everything [Trump] has said and done is to enflame violence.

Honestly, if I were Trump, I’d be far more concerned about a sniper in the bushes at this point.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153

Yes looters and arsonists aren't social distancing and big city mayors are clueless to stop it. About time

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53088354

Worrying for the US, especially southern states.
Myrtle Beach is now considered to be a hotspot. I feel like we are right back to March again. I see so many locals who apparently either no longer care or are just ignorant. No masks and very little social distancing. And don’t get me started on the asshole tourists. A bunch of folks came here from West Virginia and went home and tested positive. Of course they are now blaming us. Morons.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Myrtle Beach is now considered to be a hotspot. I feel like we are right back to March again. I see so many locals who apparently either no longer care or are just ignorant. No masks and very little social distancing. And don’t get me started on the asshole tourists. A bunch of folks came here from West Virginia and went home and tested positive. Of course they are now blaming us. Morons.
Unfortunately I think you are right. Some southern states are seeing exponential growth again. I think there is a bit of a perception in many places that you just need a period of lockdown and then it goes away but the reality is that we are all going to have to live with this virus for some time. There will be a need for social distancing and mask wearing for a long time but this has to become the norm and individuals have to take responsibility for their own actions. It doesn't help that you have a president too vain to wear a mask himself, not a great example to set to others.

As borders open up (and the US is a long way from that as nobody wants anybody from the US coming to their country at present) the risk of outbreaks such as that in Beijing (identified as a European strain) become more of a problem with accurate testing ,tracing and isolation / localised lock down. Some countries have been very good at this such as South Korea and New Zealand whereas others such as the US and UK have been very poor, and the results will speak for themselves.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks in good part to our federal government's constant denial about the seriousness of this virus I'm afraid we are going to be in for some serious shit. Just look at what is going on in Tulsa, OK today. There is no way any rational thinking person thinks this is going to be OK. Of course, there are very few rational thinking people in Tulsa today. When these folks start going home a lot of other communities are going to pay the price for this rally.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Thanks in good part to our federal government's constant denial about the seriousness of this virus I'm afraid we are going to be in for some serious shit. Just look at what is going on in Tulsa, OK today. There is no way any rational thinking person thinks this is going to be OK. Of course, there are very few rational thinking people in Tulsa today. When these folks start going home a lot of other communities are going to pay the price for this rally.
The good news was the turnout was poor
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.