Sponsored

Ikon Motorsports GT350 diffuser and Corsa Quads

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
About 10" sounds right, but I can measure everything tonight for you when I get home :headbang:
That would be great. Moneypit above said he bought 9" Y tips and had to still cut them down 1-1.5" so :shrug:

PS did you have the same issue as him? Is the edge of the plastic valence around your reverse light all jagged/janky looking? It looks just a bit in your photo, not as bad as his here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1761800&postcount=400 (specifically the last photo).

His is very disconcerting in quality. I know the OEM is $400 more ($725 for just the OEM valence and get some 2.5 lead pipe welded onto the mufflers or just take off the tips built into the OEM valence as they appear to just bolt on and use a Y set of clamp on tips just like you did) but sheesh that looks horrible and would bother me every day looking janky on an otherwise flawless car like a ill fitting bodykit on a junky Honda.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
That would be great. Moneypit above said he bought 9" Y tips and had to still cut them down 1-1.5" so :shrug:

PS did you have the same issue as him? Is the edge of the plastic valence around your reverse light all jagged/janky looking? It looks just a bit in your photo, not as bad as his here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1761800&postcount=400 (specifically the last photo).

His is very disconcerting in quality. I know the OEM is $400 more ($725 for just the OEM valence and get some 2.5 lead pipe welded onto the mufflers or just take off the tips built into the OEM valence as they appear to just bolt on and use a Y set of clamp on tips just like you did) but sheesh that looks horrible and would bother me every day looking janky on an otherwise flawless car like a ill fitting bodykit on a junky Honda.
End to end (top-side), the length was roughly 10 5/8". Each tip is 4" in width.

Quality wise, I did have a slight jagged edge above the reverse light. However it was not as bad as what you posted. I used a little 600 grit to smooth it out and it's been fine. The quality has been very good; especially considering the price difference. With all the builds I've done, I have come to learn that when you decide to replace an OE part for something different, you need to expect to spend some time making it worth being on your car.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Very odd that he had to cut 9" tips down. Most mufflers sit around the same position so the the tips are at the same spot.

I take when you modified them the overall length didnt change much. Maybe I just have to measure the Roush OEM tip length and gauge off that; maybe the Roush sit further back than the Corsa (his were SLP but basically the same cans).

I guess the crucial piece needed is the length of the Corsa regular tips to compare to the Roush to know the length of the quads needed in comparison to 10 5/8

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Very odd that he had to cut 9" tips down. Most mufflers sit around the same position so the the tips are at the same spot.

I take when you modified them the overall length didnt change much. Maybe I just have to measure the Roush OEM tip length and gauge off that; maybe the Roush sit further back than the Corsa (his were SLP but basically the same cans).

I guess the crucial piece needed is the length of the Corsa regular tips to compare to the Roush to know the length of the quads needed in comparison to 10 5/8
The Corsa tips sit back onto the mufflers fairly far. That probably takes up a considerable amount of that 10 5/8- Something I'll try to measure for. I don't have the single tips near me (in storage), but I'll try to get a measurement for those when I can. Hopefully this will give us something "known" to hold the quads in juxtaposition with...

To be honest- when I made these tips I did it all by eyeball and mock fitments and it came out perfectly.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Corsa tips sit back onto the mufflers fairly far. That probably takes up a considerable amount of that 10 5/8- Something I'll try to measure for. I don't have the single tips near me (in storage), but I'll try to get a measurement for those when I can. Hopefully this will give us something "known" to hold the quads in juxtaposition with...

To be honest- when I made these tips I did it all by eyeball and mock fitments and it came out perfectly.
That's what I figured if we know say the single tips are (hypothetically) 9 and the quads are that 10.5; then anyone can compare their singles and figure out the dual length needed to buy. Increase their single length by 1.5" (whatever that difference is)

Ie. if my Roush singles are 8" and Corsa single are 9" I know I need my duals to be 9.5" rather than 10.5" to fit with the same look.

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
All done.
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2038.JPG

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Brining this back up. I just placed my order for the Corsa Sport Quad tip and the MP Concepts GT350 rear valance (looks to be the exact same as Ikon, probably same piece just branded differently).

Is the modification needed for the inlet to the tips to be exactly center? Or is it slightly off?

Reason I ask is the car is parked for winter and I need to decide if I take the tips into an exhaust shop and have them center the inlet, or bring them the whole car and have them use it to test fit on the car.

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Brining this back up. I just placed my order for the Corsa Sport Quad tip and the MP Concepts GT350 rear valance (looks to be the exact same as Ikon, probably same piece just branded differently).

Is the modification needed for the inlet to the tips to be exactly center? Or is it slightly off?

Reason I ask is the car is parked for winter and I need to decide if I take the tips into an exhaust shop and have them center the inlet, or bring them the whole car and have them use it to test fit on the car.
You're going to need the tips centered as that offset is not remotely close.

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
You're going to need the tips centered as that offset is not remotely close.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

Is it 100% perfectly centered? Or offset 1/2” from the direct center, etc?

If not I will need to take the car with the valance on to the shop to have them fit it on the car.

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

Is it 100% perfectly centered? Or offset 1/2” from the direct center, etc?

If not I will need to take the car with the valance on to the shop to have them fit it on the car.
Your best bet to take the vehicle to the exhaust shop and have them do it while the valance is on the car.....it's a very tight fit up in there, so you want it done right.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So what’s the general consensus on fitting the Ikon GT350 valence on a base bumper? Not afraid to cut; just want to make sure it’s possible. Once it’s installed, it’ll be on for good.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
So what’s the general consensus on fitting the Ikon GT350 valence on a base bumper? Not afraid to cut; just want to make sure it’s possible. Once it’s installed, it’ll be on for good.
There's some slight differences between the base and premium bumpers. It's not as straight forward as just cutting out the section and replacing with a premium valance, unfortunately. You could use some filler and smooth out the sections and make it a one piece again, but with the 350 valance
Haven't done this myself, but a couple others have and noted the differences

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have finished my setup. Corsa Sport quad tip on a MP Concepts (same as the ikon) GT350 rear diffuser.

47511303881_6fc775cde5_b.jpg
Corsa Exhaust work by Andrew Smith, on Flickr

33634740958_99c7a84d34_b.jpg

It ends up being a Y-pipe, is in completely 100% dead center. I spoke with someone on a Facebook group and they just bought a y-pipe and attached the tips to it. I decided to modify the tips like people on here did. Buying a prefabbed Y-pipe would be easier, but you would need to make sure you find one with the correct overall length.

46787469144_02d5daefc3_b.jpg

33634622938_f19c86f159_b.jpg

33634623158_02467d779d_b.jpg

Overall my mufflers seem to sit just a tiny bit low. The tips actually hit the lower part of the diffuser (the insert, the bottom triangle thing). I’ve circled it in red. I will try to adjust the exhaust upwards again, but I might end up just cutting that little area off. You can’t even seen it with the tips installed.

32569088837_6f303825ab_o.jpg

The only other issue I have is that the quad tip setup doesnt follow the curvature of the valance. The Roush rear valance must be more straight than the GT350. So the tips do not extend out evenly with the valance. You can see the outer tip extends much further out than the inner tip. If you wanted the tips to extend out evenly, you would need to modify the inside tip to extend further than it does stock. If you tuck the tips backwards into the rear valance, you cant tell as much. Here is a photo while the tips are still taped up and extended as far out as they can go while still clamp tightly onto the muffler.

47458532982_5ee8a2112c_b.jpg

Besides this, I am happy with the results. I prefer my tips extending slightly more out than most. So I will be keeping them as is. Maybe I will push them back further into the valance eventually.

47458535662_3cd2e2570c_b.jpg

40545331203_ddaf3cc7f0_b.jpg

46595887275_d676c58e10_b.jpg

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For the people who modified their corsa tips can you send me lengths?? The shop may want them unless it’s the same length just in Y shape
Sponsored