Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Mine is MY2019 and has the gap.
I have booked my first annual service past week.
The head of service department saw the gap and agreed that it's not normal and they will try to do something about it next week.
Today I have picked up the car from service.

The gap is gone completely.
Left and right side of the bumper are identical now.
And it was done under warranty (without any costs for me).
I'm very satisfied with my dealer service.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Today I have picked up the car from service.

The gap is gone completely.
Left and right side of the bumper are identical now.
And it was done under warranty (without any costs for me).
I'm very satisfied with my dealer service.
Did you ever get a chance to see what solution was or something was in the way causing it?

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get a chance to see what solution was or something was in the way causing it?
The car had a few warranty issues plus annual service therefore stayed in workshop for 2 days without my
surveillance.

I have no idea, what they done with the bumper.

When I asked manager, he responded: "We've fix it".
I was not allowed to contact service personnel inside workshop directly due to coronavirus rules (contact between workers and customers prohibited).

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The car had a few warranty issues plus annual service therefore stayed in workshop for 2 days without my
surveillance.

I have no idea, what they done with the bumper.

When I asked manager, he responded: "We've fix it".
I was not allowed to contact service personnel inside workshop directly due to coronavirus rules (contact between workers and customers prohibited).
Yeah with those rules, my tire shop made me drive my car into the bay myself and stay inside the car during rotation/balancing and then drive it out.... no contact for sure...

pony4bt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2005 V6 Mustang, 2015 V6 Mustang
anyone have dealers fix this issue?? just curious if they would do something if I took it in
I have a new Bullitt...that I just purchased. Upon getting the windows tinted, the shop pointed the gap under the passenger side headlight. I notified the dealer and they are "going to look at it". They've always been good in the past, and so I expect they will fix this problem. When you buy a car new...it's expected things like this will not occur, but if they do...the dealer will fix.

Sponsored

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
I have a new Bullitt...that I just purchased. Upon getting the windows tinted, the shop pointed the gap under the passenger side headlight. I notified the dealer and they are "going to look at it". They've always been good in the past, and so I expect they will fix this problem. When you buy a car new...it's expected things like this will not occur, but if they do...the dealer will fix.
I asked my dealer about it today, and as expected, I got the ‘it’s normal’ answer. They lead me to the brand new model standing in the middle of the dealership, and it had the exact gap too...They could “fix” it, but probably not under warranty, and it would take approx. 3-4 hours of labour. Not sure if it’s worth it, wish I hadn’t even noticed it in the first place.

Last edited:

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
If your car is still within the 36,000 mile range, rather odd they are not willing to fix it under warranty...

I asked my dealer about it today, and as expected, I got the ‘it’s normal’ answer. They lead me to the brand new model standing in the middle of the dealership, and it had the exact gap too...They could “fix” it, but probably not under warranty, and it would take approx. 3-4 hours of labour. Not sure if it’s worth it, wish I hadn’t even noticed it in the first place.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If your car is still within the 36,000 mile range, rather odd they are not willing to fix it under warranty...
Ford dealers have a very bad habit of being lazy. If every car off the line is made with the same defect, to the dealer it's a feature not a failure.

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
To my second request, they told me that the ‘jointing points’ within the bumper are in a fixed position, and if they remove the bumper and then take it back on, it would look the same. To reduce the gap, they’d have to file around these jointing places on the back of the bumper, which could possibly work. However, it’s likely that over time, due to jolting, the bumper would slowly move back to its original position. So, they wouldn’t do it under warranty, and even then there’s no guarantee that the “fix” will last...That’s what actually happened after they removed my bumper last year. They did something with it to make it sit closer to the headlight, but half a year later it looks the same as before. At least that is the case according to my dealer. Now if they did this under warranty, I’d probably ask them to do it, but this way I’ll rather live with it, I guess. Especially after seeing their showcased model in the dealership with the same gap.

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
Took a shot at another MY19 Stang I saw today at the dealership, it has the gap as well.
C9A6FBCD-1EC5-478F-8A20-A0E1222D1943.jpeg

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Now I am really wondering if the 2020 edition, has the same 'issue'...

To my second request, they told me that the ‘jointing points’ within the bumper are in a fixed position, and if they remove the bumper and then take it back on, it would look the same. To reduce the gap, they’d have to file around these jointing places on the back of the bumper, which could possibly work. However, it’s likely that over time, due to jolting, the bumper would slowly move back to its original position. So, they wouldn’t do it under warranty, and even then there’s no guarantee that the “fix” will last...That’s what actually happened after they removed my bumper last year. They did something with it to make it sit closer to the headlight, but half a year later it looks the same as before. At least that is the case according to my dealer. Now if they did this under warranty, I’d probably ask them to do it, but this way I’ll rather live with it, I guess. Especially after seeing their showcased model in the dealership with the same gap.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is MY2019 and has the gap.
I have booked my first annual service past week.
The head of service department saw the gap and agreed that it's not normal and they will try to do something about it next week.
I left my 19 Bullitt for that reason and they said it was my fault because I have scuff marks under my bumper lol. When I go there I will show them this and laugh at them.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took a shot at another MY19 Stang I saw today at the dealership, it has the gap as well.
C9A6FBCD-1EC5-478F-8A20-A0E1222D1943.jpeg
I just got told by the stealership I caused this problem lol. When I go there to get my car we will have a nice discussion

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
I left my 19 Bullitt for that reason and they said it was my fault because I have scuff marks under my bumper lol. When I go there I will show them this and laugh at them.
Mine is fixed and holding in place so far.
I hope it will be permanent. If not, I will go back to dealership with the complain.

I wish you luck with your case.
Don't give up just like that.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is fixed and holding in place so far.
I hope it will be permanent. If not, I will go back to dealership with the complain.

I wish you luck with your case.
Don't give up just like that.
I went there today to pick up the car they said the chrome trim around the corner quarter glass is fine because I pushed it back in and it's back in place. I said when it falls out on the highway you will be hearing from me. The front bumper they said I did it that there is a scuff on the passenger side lower spoiler. I flipped out and they had a mustang on the lot brand new with the same gap. The body shop manager looked at that mustang and said I was right. I said look at the forum I pulled it up and showed him. He was willing to fix it and told him NO. I said you fuckin guys drove the car down from Raleigh, North Carolina in the snow. I bought 2 cars from you and the dealership knows all my buddies that bought from you. This is how you treat a customer that is why no one buys here anymore. The last time I was there with my 17 mustang gt I had to show the tech how to put up my tail pipes. I am retired FBI automotive tech went to tech school and knowledgeable of cars from painting to computer technology. You are a embarrassing. I said I am going to bash the shit out of this dealership. I said this how you treat a first responder cause I am also a retired NYPD cop 911 and I'll. I have 600mls on my car. My friend was with and pointed out that the trunk by the tail light is off but he changed his tail lights and knows you will tell him that it's from him changing the lights. This is going to be my last American muscle car I have owned M3 and Porsche and never treated like this and wonder why sales are down.
Sponsored