Front splitter folded under the car!?!?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Swear to god if mine arent installed i will slap the schit outta my sales guy lol.

iā€™llc check tomorrow.....my garage is getting inside painted today....then have to prep for my first track day monday.
If your splitter is not installed correctly I wouldnā€™t take a chance On tracking the car and having the splitter cone off.

itā€™ll ruin your day, to say the least.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
If your splitter is not installed correctly I wouldnā€™t take a chance On tracking the car and having the splitter cone off.

like i said,i hit it with a mallet really hard and it didnt move. Pretty sure its secured.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
like i said,i hit it with a mallet really hard and it didnt move. Pretty sure its secured.
You still should check to make sure the screws are in place in those front mounting spots.

hope you donā€™t have any issues come track day.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Crawl under the car. On my 16, they didn't bother with two of the four bolts

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase

SURE DID!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Swear to god if mine arent installed i will slap the schit outta my sales guy lol.

iā€™llc check tomorrow.....my garage is getting inside painted today....then have to prep for my first track day monday.
you may want to hold off on the track day if their not in...

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Took this car yesterday to visit my inlaws. Not sure how it happen but heard a loud bang. Was able to pull into an Ace hardware and look under the car. The whole front splitter was folded under the car!!!! Went into Ace and bought a ratchet set to remove it. Put the car in reverse to flip the splitter back into normal spot.

SO now my question is.. Anyone else this happen too? Did I do something wrong? Do I replace with stock or aftermarket? Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock?

Can I drive the car without one? Front end lift at high speeds right? but normal driving ok?

Do you think the Sliplo kit would have prevented this?
Snapchat-1050008792.jpg
Had the same thing happen to me with 3000mi on car. The problem with mine was the dealer install. There was a while section of fasteners missed. Got a complete factory kit with hardware for 400. Installed correctly by myself with no issues since

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Contact your nearest Ford dealer regarding this. They need to do the repairs for you free of charge.
Good luck! Tried that, told me I must have hit something! Lol

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Good luck! Tried that, told me I must have hit something! Lol
i was told the same, which only increased my push for warranty replacement. i guess 3 years later it still really pisses me off they thought Iā€™d lie about that. but Iā€™m sure they see/hear crazy stories all the time. if you can look at the attachments that came undone and the mounting points arenā€™t ripped/torn, nothing was there to begin with...but yeah they love that excuse

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Might want to eliminate the middle man person. Sales guy person doesn't install them. Sales guys persons who don't care if they're installed right are the same type who wouldn't bother to pass the beating on.

edited for PCness

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Might want to eliminate the middle man person. Sales guy person doesn't install them. Sales guys persons who don't care if they're installed right are the same type who wouldn't bother to pass the beating on.

edited for PCness
i only had the center 2 screws missing...outer 2 were installed. I had a set of stainless ones that matched perfectly from a german oven brand. Track day went without hitch.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
i only had the center 2 screws missing...outer 2 were installed. I had a set of stainless ones that matched perfectly from a german oven brand. Track day went without hitch.
Did you still have the gap from it not being installed correctly or was the gap closed?
Sponsored