Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner?

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Recently purchased a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the polished aluminum wheels. Am I correct in assuming they are clear coated which allows for a greater choice of wheel cleaners? Also, what are others that have these wheels using?
PolishedAluminunWheel.jpeg
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i use this to clean everything. paint, wheels, trim, windows, bugs, bird crap. everything. keep it simple

41nMTLo9sdL._AC_.jpg

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Recently purchased a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the polished aluminum wheels. Am I correct in assuming they are clear coated which allows for a greater choice of wheel cleaners? Also, what are others that have these wheels using?
PolishedAluminunWheel.jpeg
From what I understand the "polished aluminum" finish is a coating and not actually polished aluminum with clear coat over top.

OP
OP
SSally

SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
From what I understand the "polished aluminum" finish is a coating and not actually polished aluminum with clear coat over top.
Thanks for the input. I believe you're correct. I called Ford, and after searching several sources, the contact could not find the info and suggested I contact a dealer. Anyway, I purchased Black Magic No Scrub All Wheel Cleaner, and it worked just fine, no problem. I then treated the wheels with CarPro HydrO2 Lite and they look great.
Sponsored