Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I feel the kit gets better with more driving/mileage. Went crusing tonight, I am really feeling the pulls down low and I really enjoy the kit. I am glad i purchased makes me want to drive more. My AITs do increase significantly at a long stop light. But they cool down while driving. Not to worried about it. Might also check the gaps in the air box tomorrow. See what I can do.
100% agree. The car needs to learn the tune. Also, there's options on the handheld programmer to clear the Keep Alive Memory (KAM) and the fuel memory which the tech instructed me to do because the tune does not overwrite the original fuel strategy. I cleared the KAM the day after installation and that seemed to help the car settle into the tune better.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
100% agree. The car needs to learn the tune. Also, there's options on the handheld programmer to clear the Keep Alive Memory (KAM) and the fuel memory which the tech instructed me to do because the tune does not overwrite the original fuel strategy. I cleared the KAM the day after installation and that seemed to help the car settle into the tune better.
KAM reset comes in handy in general when swìtching fuel types or wanting to erase a bad tank lol. Often used with flex tunes if wanting to switch e content and force relearn faster.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
KAM reset comes in handy in general when swìtching fuel types or wanting to erase a bad tank lol. Often used with flex tunes if wanting to switch e content and force relearn faster.
I was getting some slight pinging on heavy throttle the first day I had the kit, so I spoke to the Ford tech and he suggested clearing the KAM. Haven't had any pinging since.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I was getting some slight pinging on heavy throttle the first day I had the kit, so I spoke to the Ford tech and he suggested clearing the KAM. Haven't had any pinging since.
Ya it's an underutilized part of a lot of hand helds that can address multiple issues related to learned items.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How do you clear the KAM using the procal hand held? Would you suggest doing it regardless of if you're having pinging issues or not? How do you know if you're having pinging issues in the first place? I've been driving around with the tune for about 2 weeks now so will clearing the KAM at this point have any negative effects?

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
How do you clear the KAM using the procal hand held? Would you suggest doing it regardless of if you're having pinging issues or not? How do you know if you're having pinging issues in the first place? I've been driving around with the tune for about 2 weeks now so will clearing the KAM at this point have any negative effects?
Nothing negative. If nothing else it'll clear recent fuel trims if you didn't have high quality and other short term learned / remembered items.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ya it's an underutilized part of a lot of hand helds that can address multiple issues related to learned items.
Which is exactly why the procal needs to be factored into the price of this kit. I agree, it's very underutilized.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My FRPP2 kit on my 16' runs lean on heavy throttle input. I have deemed the kit unsafe and will resort back to stock. Good luck to you guys with the 18+ kits.

I have a 16' with the stage 2 kit. I have also found this tune ( for my model year) is VERY temperamental to air temp, humidity and fuel. I had issues with detonation and added some octane booster. Just enough to see if it would help and it appears to have. I do not want to run octane booster constantly due to the mmt. I have an e85 station up the road and wanted to try 2 gallons to a tank to help with pinging because all we have is 91 octane. Ford in my opinion is WAY to aggressive with timing under this octane rating.

Have you had any issues with running lean with the kit? I noticed at hard acceleration with stock tune I would be at 12.5-12.8 AF which is perfect. With the kit it is at 14. That air fuel ratio is where I am on the freeway just cruising. That is very concerning to me. I don't know if its a tune issue or a injector issue.
I've been watching my AF for a couple of days now with the new tune and it's hitting low 12's at wide open throttle. I think they did a pretty good job with this tune.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I've been watching my AF for a couple of days now with the new tune and it's hitting low 12's at wide open throttle. I think they did a pretty good job with this tune.
This exchange piqued my curiosity so I just tested this. I was hitting 12’s at WOT as well.

Last edited:

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This exchange peaked my curiosity so I just tested this. I was hitting 12’s at WOT as well.
Is this good? Sorry I dont know enough about a/f ratios. I wanna see what my Steeda tune runs by comparison

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Is this good? Sorry I dont know enough about a/f ratios. I wanna see what my Steeda tune runs by comparison
Stock is typically around 14.1ish on pump. E85 is low 10s. Flex fuel around 11-12. Actually surprised this tune is running that rich on 91/93.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Stock is typically around 14.1ish on pump. E85 is low 10s. Flex fuel around 11-12. Actually surprised this tune is running that rich on 91/93.
My Steeda tune idles between 13.9-14.2 , ill try to run WOT a few times tomorrow and see what it touches

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
My Steeda tune idles between 13.9-14.2 , ill try to run WOT a few times tomorrow and see what it touches
That's about what I would expect on pump honestly, stock or tuned.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
This is correct at idle or cruise. At WOT e10 or pump 91 fuel in CA you should be mid 12s. Glad to hear the 18 kit is running accordingly at wot. Either I have a fuel delivery issue or a vacuum leak or the car is not happy with the tune.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having issues uploading their data log file on to the computer? I data logged on log 1 and log 2. I started recording and ended recording for both log files and it showed on the procal 4 handheld that it saved. I plugged the procal handheld up to my computer once it was connected, clicked Log Files-Manage-then clicked on log 1 under log files, and clicked graph, but nothing happens. same for when I click on log 2 and graph. and when i double click graph, it says log file not found. I saved the files on my desktop but when i open the excel spreadsheet, its just a bunch of numbers and not in graph form. Anyone experience this?
Sponsored