Sponsored

2020 GT500 Oxford White With Painted Stripes For Sale At My Local Dealer.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Yeah this order job stings a little. Maybe it's because I don't much like stripes anyway, but man 30k for that?? Feels like a bit of waste to use that golden ticket on
Sponsored

SuperSnake427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2001 Mustang, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Shelby Cobra
For the record, I did want painted stripes without cftp. I HAVE to have a backseat, so that was the dealbreaker for me. But I wasn’t about to pay (any) ADM yet alone the ~20k most are getting, so that ruled out painted ott for me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For the record, I did want painted stripes without cftp. I HAVE to have a backseat, so that was the dealbreaker for me. But I wasn’t about to pay (any) ADM yet alone the ~20k most are getting, so that ruled out painted ott for me.
Its an s550. A mustang GT back seat would have worked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Its an s550. A mustang GT back seat would have worked.
Very true.

However one thing to consider with the CFTP GT500 is the cargo weight.
I believe the GVWR of the car is only 360 pounds more then the car itself.
That doesn’t leave much after you and a passenger.
Little kids don’t weigh to much but you have to account for the car seats also.
Then again, some drivers are close to 360 pounds.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Very true.

However one thing to consider with the CFTP GT500 is the cargo weight.
I believe the GVWR of the car is only 360 pounds more then the car itself.
That doesn’t leave much after you and a passenger.
Little kids don’t weigh to much but you have to account for the car seats also.
Then again, some drivers are close to 360 pounds.
Its an S550.
I don't think it would be a big deal. If I wanted a CFTP, a back seat wouldn't have stopped me. However, I am not a big fan of back seats in a car that was intended to not have one.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
And would you have paid a $20K ADM for a golden ticket car to get the painted on stripes over the $10K for the stripes?
Negative, but I would have paid the ADM that I did, plus the extra 10k for the POTTS.

I do not want the CF wheels, I do not want the CFTP suspension, and personally I do not like the CFTP spoiler. I did want a rear seat, but that was not the factor for me, because I could have added one pretty easily. The base is absolutely perfect for me, it just would have been nice to have had the option to pay for the POTTS.

It all comes down to use/preference/need/want. Sounds like we all got (for the most part) what we wanted.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Negative, but I would have paid the ADM that I did, plus the extra 10k for the POTTS.

I do not want the CF wheels, I do not want the CFTP suspension, and personally I do not like the CFTP spoiler. I did want a rear seat, but that was not the factor for me, because I could have added one pretty easily. The base is absolutely perfect for me, it just would have been nice to have had the option to pay for the POTTS.

It all comes down to use/preference/need/want. Sounds like we all got (for the most part) what we wanted.
The problem is that requires a golden ticket. That carries a very large ADM.

I get it. 10K for painted on stipes is almost justifiable (ask me how I know). However due to the rarity of the Golden ticket, there is a substantial ADM on top of it.

Folks who have a low ADM would make it worth it. That's how I justified getting the painted on stripes. I initially opted for no painted stripes, but because of my ADM, I said the heck with it, go for it.

There is no way I'd pay a 20k ADM just for painted on stripes.

Furthermore, there is no way I'd pay a 20k ADM, period.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that requires a golden ticket. That carries a very large ADM.

I get it. 10K for painted on stipes is almost justifiable (ask me how I know). However due to the rarity of the Golden ticket, there is a substantial ADM on top of it
I can agree with this. For me, my dealer was not going to charge me more for POTTS (golden ticket), they just weren't able to get one.

Folks who have a low ADM would make it worth it. That's how I justified getting the painted on stripes. I initially opted for no painted stripes, but because of my ADM, I said the heck with it, go for it.
Right, this was a good decision. One you may have always wished you had, if you hadn't.

There is no way I'd pay a 20k ADM just for painted on stripes.

Furthermore, there is no way I'd pay a 20k ADM, period.
Me either Tom. I wish I didn't have to pay any, but I sure wouldn't have paid any more than I did, thats for sure.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but as P.T. Barnum stated....

"There is an ass for every seat". That car will sell. I predict an ADM of $15-$10K initially until the car sells. But there is an ass for every seat and you just never know.....

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I was looking for a friends GT350 he is buying in SC. Ran across a metallic GT500 with OTT stripes and a base car. They are asking 10K adm.

https://www.andersonfordsc.com/new-Anderson-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ2L5501480
And not looking around too hard, we found sam a 5K ADM for a base. I've seen MSRP deals being passed along from other members due to this pandemic.

So, I don't think that anyone would pay 20K for a golden ticket when all it gets them is painted stripes. Well.... Again.... I guess there is an ass for every seat. I think PT also said "there is a sucker born every minute".
Sponsored