Sponsored

Few Bullitt specific questions. Hope you don't mind :)

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
only ecoboost Mustangs have fake noise
Nope. ecoBoosts, Bullitts, and GT350s all have "Active Sound Enhancement". GTs do not. The ecoBoosts also have "Active Sound Suppression" via a microphone under the headliner in the rear. I don't know what the situation is in the GT500.
Sponsored

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
Nope. ecoBoosts, Bullitts, and GT350s all have "Active Sound Enhancement". GTs do not. The ecoBoosts also have "Active Sound Suppression" via a microphone under the headliner in the rear. I don't know what the situation is in the GT500.
How do we get rid of it?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang DHG L0103
Oh, thanks for the info.

mwjster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2003 Mustang Pony Edition (Drag Car), 2014 Nissan Maxima S
So I can assure you there is some kind of noise enhancement in the 2019 Bullitt. I recently installed a sub and amp by tapping into the rear speakers with a line out converter and when I was done I could hear the noise coming through my subs coinciding with the RPMs increasing. Very noticeable in track mode. I went to you tube and found the videos about disconnecting the microphone under the rear liner to disable ANC but when I crawled back there and pulled the liner down there was no module to be found. So I ordered the OBDLink EX and muddled my way through Forscan and after trying many suggested codes one of them finally worked.

Fake engine noise disable ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx <-- Just change the one number to 0 leave the rest alone.

After that the noise stopped coming through my subs and I could only hear the exhaust outside the car, like it should be.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm going to mess with FORScan tomorrow. First order of business will be to disable the fake engine noise :D. Curious when it makes it, and on which modes. I'm pretty sure I'll be happier with it off :). Also hope to be able to add oil temperature to the list of little gauge options on the menu. As well as digital temperature readout on top of the coolant gauge, and the little gauges too. I miss that from the F-150.Livnitup from the F-150 forum gave me 2 choices; hope one of them works. Have a few other changes from the F-10 that should work on the Mustang. Could never get a freaking Mustang file with available changes, so I'm only going to change what I know will work, like the heated/cooled seats on home screen, etc. You can find spreadsheets for F-150s, Fusions, etc., but no Mustangs. Hopefully somebody will make a comprehensive one soon :D.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to you tube and found the videos about disconnecting the microphone under the rear liner to disable ANC but when I crawled back there and pulled the liner down there was no module to be found.
That microphone would be for the Active Sound Removal, not Enhancement, but the mic only exists in EcoBoost cars.

mwjster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2003 Mustang Pony Edition (Drag Car), 2014 Nissan Maxima S
That microphone would be for the Active Sound Removal, not Enhancement, but the mic only exists in EcoBoost cars.
I know that now but when i was searching up engine noise coming through sub woofer that was the solution that popped up most often. This is my first mustang since 2003. Back then I was a Mustang expert, now I am still learning about all these new technologies. ;)

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Dont think the op is ready for a bullitt.
If you buy a bullitt. Enjoy it for what it is. I have only done 2 mods. A h pipe to make the exhaust bark. Damn loud! Think the best of the new muscle. The other...m 9602-m ford racing magnaride suspension kit.Stupid fast on the curves. Dont be focused about all the little stuff.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Disabled the fake engine noise today. All is well now :D. The car sounds like it should now. I don't like fake crap, but to each his own.

One question to those who have changed the oil themselves: Is there a belly pan under the oil pan? My car doesn't have any. Remember reading that you needed to remove a 'door' to get to the drain plug. No such thing on my car; the entire bottom of the engine is uncovered. There's a cover at the front, under the radiator, but not after that. Thx.

Sponsored

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There's a small flap door on the drivers side, a little forward of the oil drain plug.
takes a 7mm wrench.

I jacked my car up and placed 8" Race ramps under the front wheels, and the engine was stone cold, hadn't been started in 24 hrs.
I cracked the filter loose while the main oil was draining, careful it does seep out around the filter edges.

Some people have used a, sort of, make shift funnel to guide it from dripping all over the surrounding areas.
Alternately, you may be able to use a quart size biggie to take off the oil filter and make less mess.

I put in 10 qts of Motorcraft half syn, and started it up and took it for a ride (I stayed with Motorcraft because I only had 1,000 miles and I wanted to stick with the original style oil until 4-5 thousand, then may switch to full syn).
When I got back, I waited another day without starting and had to add another 10 ozs to bring it up to 1/4 down from the top hole on the dip stick.

To be sure they did not make the oil change procedure very easy.

mwjster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
If you buy a bullitt. Enjoy it for what it is. I have only done 2 mods. A h pipe to make the exhaust bark. Damn loud! Think the best of the new muscle. The other...m 9602-m ford racing magnaride suspension kit.Stupid fast on the curves. Dont be focused about all the little stuff.
I agree the car is pretty much perfect the way it is. I am also adding a H pipe/resonator delete. dropped in a k&n filter. Only other mod I added was a throttle control module to improve the throttle response. After years of driving around my 03 with a stage 2 clutch and dyno tune the throttle on the Bullitt felt spongy and unresponsive for what i am used to, especially off the line. But a quick plug and play controller fixed that. Now she launches like a beast. I learned my lesson on the last car. Its fun to have a car you can take up to the drag strip but that same car is really no fun to daily drive in traffic and such. So that's all I plan on doing. Definitely do not want to change it cosmetically at all.

mwjster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I got that H-Pipe installed today. Bought the Roush resonator delete kit. The car sounds like a straight up race car now!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not really!! I made this one!!!
F3EA8A61-3402-4A16-B5FD-8B222088648C.jpeg
If that airbag goes off, do you know where that disk is going to go and what it's going to do when it gets there?
Sponsored