N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
oh well in that case ALCH_learn will be on the ngauge.. you just have to hunt for it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
Should I try to reinstall the tune? I have read that sometimes initially not all the features work or show up when u download the tune. I also don’t see KNOCKR.

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
I got it. Had to relearn the system. Looks like I'm stuck with 58.0% at the local E85 station. Not good. My test kit should be in Wednesday and I can test it better. Guess I may need to keep it on the flex tune.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
You dont need a test kit. Just get a syringe, baby bottle, or anything that measures in increments

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I got it. Had to relearn the system. Looks like I'm stuck with 58.0% at the local E85 station. Not good. My test kit should be in Wednesday and I can test it better. Guess I may need to keep it on the flex tune.
It's still better than 91/93. Run the flex and send it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
It's still better than 91/93. Run the flex and send it!
Oh yeah I agree lol. I can tell a difference down low especially. Just a little bummed I guess with the percentage of E85, if that is in fact correct.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’ve been running e85 tune for almost 2 years now. My experience with it is as follows:

I’ve test at e70 regularly and if I’m on flex I’ve seen it read E87 even though I tested at E70

I do have a E70 tune I use sometimes, BUT according to the logs and tuner, my car still good running E70 on E85 tune, but does run richer.

When I go from E85 to pump, say for traveling, I just run it down usually and load my flex tune and fill up. Also keep in mind sometimes when going from e85 to pump and loading a flex tune it won’t have learned and may start off running at E10 or so and be extremely hard to start when cold. I usually make sure it’s hot before I swap tunes.

when I go from pump to E85 I usually use my tank drain map and drain what’s in the tank into a 5 gallon jug and throw that in the daily. I have a 5gallon jug I fill up and test it before putting it in the car. Then load the E70 or E85 tune depending on what I tested. E65-70 I usually the E70 tune, E75 and higher I load the E85 tune.

here in Vegas it varies, we are almost always at E65-70 then we will go a couple months at E85ish. So I usually test every other fill up. For me that’s usually monthly or month and a half as it’s a garage queen since I work from home since 2015.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Oh yeah I agree lol. I can tell a difference down low especially. Just a little bummed I guess with the percentage of E85, if that is in fact correct.
One of my dynos I did on on e54 still pushed 471whp/424wtq. Nowhere near what I put down on full e85 but still better than 91!

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
It’s fluctuating from 51-70 while driving. I also cannot find ALCH_learn, I found ALCH_%. I ran it below 0 miles and filled up with E85, 15.79 gallons.
Mine didn't have it either. Told to the guys at Lund and they said it wasn't truly necessary, to just take it easy for a few miles after the fill up.

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just got an Ngauge with a Lund flex tune. Loaded the tune for the first time today and was also having a hard time finding the alcohol learn gage. It turns out that you need to choose one of the other options when selecting what gages, not the default "All Ford" or "All ODB" or whatever.

Alex shows which one you need to select in this video.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
I just got an Ngauge with a Lund flex tune. Loaded the tune for the first time today and was also having a hard time finding the alcohol learn gage. It turns out that you need to choose one of the other options when selecting what gages, not the default "All Ford" or "All ODB" or whatever.

Yeah I finally figured that out lol. Its all good now.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1

No idea how I missed this. Thanks for pointing it out. Much appreciated.

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Speaking of ethanol content...

My nguage has been reading in the 90 to 91 percent range for the last 4 tanks. On my last fill up, I brought a small gas can to take some home to test. A manual test of the fuel revealed that it is actually e65. This particular tank was giving an nguage reading of 90.

So my question is, am I going to damage anything by running the car with e65 when the tune seems to think its got e90? I'm worried about running too rich and messing something up. IE, getting too much fuel down the cylinder walls over many thousands of miles in the future?

Also, does anyone else find that the nguage won't post the learned alcohol flag unless they actually drive? I've let the car idle for 30 minutes and it would not learn after a full up, even with some deliberate slow revs. Only after driving for 5 minutes or so will it learn.

smaller e65 2020-07-09-21-39-02_copy_960x1280.jpg

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Honestly, you really don't need to care about alc learn %. It doesn't matter. Just get it out of your mind. The car still has adaptive learning. Look at your measured AFR and lambda actual at cruise, idle and WOT. You should be able to see if something is off. Sometimes it just doesn't learn to correct %, but it's just an inferred value anyways. You don't have an ethanol sensor.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Speaking of ethanol content...

My nguage has been reading in the 90 to 91 percent range for the last 4 tanks. On my last fill up, I brought a small gas can to take some home to test. A manual test of the fuel revealed that it is actually e65. This particular tank was giving an nguage reading of 90.

So my question is, am I going to damage anything by running the car with e65 when the tune seems to think its got e90? I'm worried about running too rich and messing something up. IE, getting too much fuel down the cylinder walls over many thousands of miles in the future?

Also, does anyone else find that the nguage won't post the learned alcohol flag unless they actually drive? I've let the car idle for 30 minutes and it would not learn after a full up, even with some deliberate slow revs. Only after driving for 5 minutes or so will it learn.

smaller e65 2020-07-09-21-39-02_copy_960x1280.jpg
Are your running the stock air box? If not that might be part of why its not dialing in the correct alcohol %. My jlt is usually pretty spot on but thats not always the case. Sometimes randomly its way off. The flex tune ramps up timing slower and will adjust like stated above so you should be alright. Personally i just stick with my e85r or e54r tune so im not waiting around for it to learn constantly. I only switch to flex if I have to run 91 for some reason.
Sponsored