Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Got ya, I ditched my engine cover as well. Think my only concern would be hood getting to hot and messing with the paint. Would like to see a pic if you have one.
Removed the engine cover and hood liner. I haven't noticed any difference in sound. It does seem to keep the heat down a bit.
IMG_20200427_141312865_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Removed the engine cover and hood liner. I haven't noticed any difference in sound. It does seem to keep the heat down a bit.
IMG_20200427_141312865_HDR.jpg
have you noticed any difference in anything with the k&n intake elbow?

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
have you noticed any difference in anything with the k&n intake elbow?
Not much of an improvement other than aesthetically. That's really the only reason I bought it. It also doesn't have a nipple for the sound tube.
It would be interesting to see other people try it and give some feedback.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Got ya, I ditched my engine cover as well. Think my only concern would be hood getting to hot and messing with the paint. Would like to see a pic if you have one.
Hood liners do several things. One is dampen noise from the engine but the other is to reduce heat transfer to the hood. Hoods can be overheated, just touch yours above the engine after a run with no liner in it and see. The liner take the heat down that over time can cause the paint to separate from the primer. Just take a look at old mustang with the shotta hood paint thats peeling bet ya they have no hood liner. People who take both the liner and the engine cover off I believe are headed toward hood paint issues down the road.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Why both additives? Liquimoly Ceratec is the upgrade which includes and/or improves upon Liquimoly mos2 protection...... right?
Liqui-Moly makes both the base synthetic oil, which I went with, and they also make the Ceratec, which is the additive. One bottle of Ceratec (10oz I think) is supposed to provide treatment for 5-6 oil changes then be added again. Some have said here on 6G that it solved their engine tic so I thought with me at less than 1k miles now I may as well add it now as a preventive measure, and for just $50 it was a no brainer for me.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice dude. How much was ceramic coating? They do rims too?
5 year coating was just under $650, have to bring it back once a year for maintenance/warranty. The wheels were an extra $100 total for all four.
The 2 year coating was around $300. If you find a good ceramic applicator shop near you I would follow them on Facebook so you'll get notifications when they're slow and run specials, may save a few bucks.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Hood liners do several things. One is dampen noise from the engine but the other is to reduce heat transfer to the hood. Hoods can be overheated, just touch yours above the engine after a run with no liner in it and see. The liner take the heat down that over time can cause the paint to separate from the primer. Just take a look at old mustang with the shotta hood paint thats peeling bet ya they have no hood liner. People who take both the liner and the engine cover off I believe are headed toward hood paint issues down the road.
Plenty of cars out there have no engine liner or engine cover and the hood paint is fine. It's a non issue

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Installed a set of PowerStop Z26 carbon ceramic brake pads front and back. Waiting for weather and opportunity to get out and break them in. Hopefully everyones comments on how brake dust is reduced are true.
I hope it gets rid of the dust as well the whole reason I bought mine

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Liqui-Moly makes both the base synthetic oil, which I went with, and they also make the Ceratec, which is the additive.
Gotcha! My car has 6000 miles, I went with Amsoil Signature synthetic and Ceratec at 5000.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha! My car has 6000 miles, I went with Amsoil Signature synthetic and Ceratec at 5000.
Cool. In my industry I've seen so many additives that promise the world that I've gotten pretty skeptical but hoping this Ceratec is beneficial.

I typically use Mobil 1 in other vehicles but the shop uses and recommends the Moly so went with it. IMHO, any of the higher quality brand oils are going to do well.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Another function of newer hood liner is, during an engine fire the plastic push pins will melt and the liner will fall over the engine to help smother the fire.

Back in the nineties some Ford and other companies had liners that had a really nice laminated surface over the liner. Really looked nice and was fire resistant to help smother a fire. My Thunderbird Supercoupe had one. They would often emboss a logo into them. They really looked so much nicer than just the exposed surface of the woven material, I wonder why it's not used anymore.

Last edited:

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Finally added a premium bumper and the Ikon diffuser! Absolutely love the new look.

E1E2CA71-069F-4833-97C8-2EFBED45901C.jpeg
48BD6DC7-85D0-4F59-A064-D08280B01149.jpeg

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)