Magneride How to Tell

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Mine doesnt show the shock symbol either and that's a factory digital dash 2018GT with Magneride (albeit in Australia). It shows the active exhaust symbol on that screen and the others but no shock one. It has the height sensors etc underneath.
Very interesting...all the other magneride GT's I test drove had the shock sensor and the suspension stiffness was very noticeable when switching modes. I don't feel the same changes on my car so I'm thinking that they didn't program the magneride properly.

It's just such an inconvenience to have to take the car in for something that should never have been an issue.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You could have an issue with the magneride controller in that case.
Plan A: Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and reboot the vehicle electronics.
Plan B: Check the fuses.
Plan C: Get it looked at. You're still under warranty.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Yes pretty sure - had my local ford dealership send me the window sticker based on the VIN on the door frame. But now that you mention it, original owner may have mentioned he had it added by the dealership - but wouldn't that mean that it wouldn't show up on the sticker though? This is indeed interesting....if it isn't programmed is the magneride even being used at all? Does it switch with modes or not at all?

My window sticker won't attach so I just pasted the link below:

https://imgur.com/nP2YWed
The window sticker clearly shows the 12" display fitted when built so factory fitted.

Mine has the additional icon present so something isn't working as it should do unless the early 2018's don't have it. The three modes are pretty obvious so in 'track' you should notice a significantly firmer ride - rougher roads make this more obvious. If that isn't happening then there may be a fault with the system that needs investigating.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
UPDATE:

Took it into my local Ford dealer to get the magneride icon figured out, among other things, and my SA says the tech tells him that the shock icon just doesn't show up on my model(2018) car but that I do indeed have magneride. I also did some digging and I believe I saw comments talking about this exact same issue on an american muscle youtube video. Seems some 2018's don't have the icon show up, and it was introduced later on. The stupid thing is why cant they simply update the software to what the other 2018's have?

I think I'm going to look into a way to fix this, possibly flash 2019 dashboard software.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
UPDATE:

Took it into my local Ford dealer to get the magneride icon figured out, among other things, and my SA says the tech tells him that the shock icon just doesn't show up on my model(2018) car but that I do indeed have magneride. I also did some digging and I believe I saw comments talking about this exact same issue on an american muscle youtube video. Seems some 2018's don't have the icon show up, and it was introduced later on. The stupid thing is why cant they simply update the software to what the other 2018's have?

I think I'm going to look into a way to fix this, possibly flash 2019 dashboard software.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!
Weird I wonder at what point of 2018 they decided to start showing it.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not to resurrect this thread from the dead but I think I found something that might be useful to you Rodpwnz and anyone else who does not currently have the "magneride indicator" on their digital dash. To make a long story short, I've reviewed several 2019 and 2020 401a Mustangs ABDs files..specifically ABDs for the digital cluster. Reason being is I'm about to install a digital cluster on my 2018 (with magneride). I have found a single line of difference between a 2020 401a mustang with the exact same options (minus magneride) as a 401a 2020 with magneride. If my hunch is correct, this line is responsible for turning on the digital dash magneride indicator.

Once I install the digital dash, I will test it to verify via Forscan. More to come on this...

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Not to resurrect this thread from the dead but I think I found something that might be useful to you Rodpwnz and anyone else who does not currently have the "magneride indicator" on their digital dash. To make a long story short, I've reviewed several 2019 and 2020 401a Mustangs ABDs files..specifically ABDs for the digital cluster. Reason being is I'm about to install a digital cluster on my 2018 (with magneride). I have found a single line of difference between a 2020 401a mustang with the exact same options (minus magneride) as a 401a 2020 with magneride. If my hunch is correct, this line is responsible for turning on the digital dash magneride indicator.

Once I install the digital dash, I will test it to verify via Forscan. More to come on this...
Nice find Blown86GT, keep us posted!

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good news! I was able to get the "suspension" indicator to illuminate. Again, all I did was reference ABD for a 2019 optioned exactly like another 2019 (401a so that it has a digital cluster) minus magneride. The single line of difference between the two cars within the digital cluster enables the "suspension" indicator. Its a matter of changing values associated with the cluster using Forscan. Let me socialize with the on site Forescan expert and circle back to who ever is interested...

Reactions: PKs

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The fix to enable "magneride" indicator on the digital IPC (for those with mangneride) is contained within this line of the IPC

720-06-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX

Change * to E.

For my particular car, the line looks like:

720-06-01 7EEF E67B 3834

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Following this to check when I get back home. I don’t recall the shock symbol. Mines a early build 18... nov of 2017.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You should be able to immediately feel a difference between normal and sport, unless it's billiard smooth. But other than that, looking at the suspension is the best way, since some dashes don't show the shocks, for some reason.

leviathan21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
You should be able to immediately feel a difference between normal and sport, unless it's billiard smooth. But other than that, looking at the suspension is the best way, since some dashes don't show the shocks, for some reason.
I just purchased (5/23/2020) a 2020 Mustang GT PP1 with the MagneRide, and I swear I can't tell the difference between modes. The overall ride quality seems fine, its definitely firm... but if I switch into Sport+ or Track, it doesn't seem to change anything.

I honestly don't think its working correctly, I drove over rail road tracks in multiple modes and I noticed zero difference. I even put it in Normal Mode, got out of the car and pushed down the back of the car, then put it in Track Mode, and did it again and it felt exactly the same.

I used to have a 2016 Corvette with the MRC, and changing the modes was extremely noticeable. Tour mode was soft and floaty, while sport and track was really firm without much rebound.. the Mustang doesn't do this at all, which is obviously disappointing.

I'm honestly thinking something is wrong.. so I'm taking it in to have Ford check it out!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does it say MR on the window sticker? I can immediately feel the difference between normal and sport. Keep in mind MR has only TWO modes, so you'd only feel the difference from snow/rain and normal, to sport, track, and drag. You're not going to feel any difference among the last 3, for instance. There are companies that make modules that add modes to MagneRide, and also changes them if you want, but not familiar with that. I'm sure somebody else can point you to that, if interested.

leviathan21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Does it say MR on the window sticker? I can immediately feel the difference between normal and sport. Keep in mind MR has only TWO modes, so you'd only feel the difference from snow/rain and normal, to sport, track, and drag. You're not going to feel any difference among the last 3, for instance. There are companies that make modules that add modes to MagneRide, and also changes them if you want, but not familiar with that. I'm sure somebody else can point you to that, if interested.
Yes, my window sticker does say MAGNE-RIDE Dampening System - $1,695.00

I specifically wanted a MagneRide car because I loved the suspension on my last Corvette.

I was testing the feeling based on going between Normal Mode and Track Mode. I don't notice a single change, like I said I even bounced the back of the car by hand and had someone change the modes while doing it, and felt zero difference.

Makes me wonder if its working at all?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don’t think bouncing by hand would give much of a different feel. I can definitely feel a difference from normal mode and track mode. I don’t really feel a difference in drag but from my understanding it really only during a launch that it really makes a difference. Pushing the car down you are only really using “low speed” valuing, but the car takes in so many different sensor readings, like speed and steering angle, throttle input. So it wouldn’t surprise me at all if from a stop there isn’t really a difference. On regular smooth roads I feel very little difference, I ride in track mode with exhaust in sport for the way the throttle feels mainly. But once I go down a road by my house to a friends where it is extremely bumpy, I can feel a huge difference swapping through the modes. If you had a cobblestone road or one that really rough for a couple blocks you’ll know switching modes if you have MR or not. Or some people butt just tuned to fell a car differently then others.
Sponsored