Sponsored

Has anyone tried the Spec Super Twin disk clutch?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Is there a rattle when stopped, warm, in neutral and clutch released? My old McLeod would sound terrible idling at a light. I don't have that clutch anymore.
Sponsored

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Is there a rattle when stopped, warm, in neutral and clutch released? My old McLeod would sound terrible idling at a light. I don't have that clutch anymore.
Seems that people either love mcleod or hate them. To dicey for me to want to try, which is why I was interested in the spec. I ended up buying the spec twin. Virtually everything I've read from people had been positive. I also wanted sprung hub disks, which the rxt doesn't have.

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Seems that people either love mcleod or hate them. To dicey for me to want to try, which is why I was interested in the spec. I ended up buying the spec twin. Virtually everything I've read from people had been positive. I also wanted sprung hub disks, which the rxt doesn't have.
You can order the RXT with sprung hub disks, but its around the $2k mark. May as well get the Mantic of you are going to drop that much coin

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You can order the RXT with sprung hub disks, but its around the $2k mark. May as well get the Mantic of you are going to drop that much coin
I didn't know that, but you are right, I'd probably just get the mantic if I wanted to drop that much money. I'm hoping the spec will serve me well. Seems that all who have used it have been happy.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Very interested in this clutch. I've had a Mantic twin for my second summer now and it's been nothing but trouble since day 1. Shifter stuck in gear always when off the gas. Backing out of the driveway it would get stuck in reverse and I'd have to actually shut the car off. Clutch pedal feel was awesome. Release point was exactly like stock at about halfway point. Sent it back to Mantic and he tested the clutch and said it was perfect within the specs and measurements. He made some small adjustments to account for the bit of wear on the clutch and sent it back. The clutch is even worse now because It falls on it's face between shifts. It's very weird as if there is a delay in fuel before the car moves again but It's not tuning related, it's the clutch. I roll race a lot and was known for my quick shifts. Cars would barely gain a fender on me with the shifts and now cars are gaining a full car length on me because of this damn clutch. It's coming out ASAP. I'm done with it. Didn't want a Mcloud because I hate the high release point that my RST had, very top, but this clutch seems very promising. Where would you say the release point is? at the top or like stock and halfway or so?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
said it was perfect within the specs and measurements. He made some small adjustments to account for the bit of wear on the clutch and sent it back. The clutch is even worse now because It falls on it's face between shifts
it sure doesn't sound like it's releasing properly at all - plates are still dragging. There's something wrong with your master/slave cylinder or something is obstructing that last little bit of travel needed to fully disengage. Who is doing the install? My guess is you have considerable air in your hydraulics.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
it sure doesn't sound like it's releasing properly at all - plates are still dragging. There's something wrong with your master/slave cylinder or something is obstructing that last little bit of travel needed to fully disengage. Who is doing the install? My guess is you have considerable air in your hydraulics.
I thought air as well but I bench bled the slave, used a vac pump for the fluid reservoir and still it is doing this. I did the install. Pretty easy install. I even took measurements of the step height and all was within spec. Used a brand new slave as well. I just have come to the conclusion that I have a lemon for a clutch. Car ran 100% on stock clutch at 7500rpm and 709whp for a year with countless roll races.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Very interested in this clutch. I've had a Mantic twin for my second summer now and it's been nothing but trouble since day 1. Shifter stuck in gear always when off the gas. Backing out of the driveway it would get stuck in reverse and I'd have to actually shut the car off. Clutch pedal feel was awesome. Release point was exactly like stock at about halfway point. Sent it back to Mantic and he tested the clutch and said it was perfect within the specs and measurements. He made some small adjustments to account for the bit of wear on the clutch and sent it back. The clutch is even worse now because It falls on it's face between shifts. It's very weird as if there is a delay in fuel before the car moves again but It's not tuning related, it's the clutch. I roll race a lot and was known for my quick shifts. Cars would barely gain a fender on me with the shifts and now cars are gaining a full car length on me because of this damn clutch. It's coming out ASAP. I'm done with it. Didn't want a Mcloud because I hate the high release point that my RST had, very top, but this clutch seems very promising. Where would you say the release point is? at the top or like stock and halfway or so?
It sounds like there is definitely something else wrong. I'd probably try and trouble shoot the mantic more before dropping another 1k+ on another clutch only to have the same problem reappear. That said, I got my spec twin disk, transmission is back from calimer after a stage 2 rebuild, just waiting on the MGW. Hopefully it'll be here next week. Once I get it all in, I'll let you know my initial thoughts, and thoughts after I break it in fully.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
@SheepDog How's it holding up?
I can't speak for sheep dog, but I can speak for myself now since I had that clutch for several thousand miles and I didn't like it. Clutch pedal was light, but engagement was way to rough, it was a light switch. That said, the guy I sold it to seemed happy with it, but for all I know he's just dumping the clutch at the track. I have since switched to a lethal performance HD clutch and I am much happier with it.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak for sheep dog, but I can speak for myself now since I had that clutch for several thousand miles and I didn't like it. Clutch pedal was light, but engagement was way to rough, it was a light switch. That said, the guy I sold it to seemed happy with it, but for all I know he's just dumping the clutch at the track. I have since switched to a lethal performance HD clutch and I am much happier with it.
How many miles on the Lethal clutch?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
How many miles on the Lethal clutch?
I can't speak for dark pony but I'm close to 20k miles on my lpx-hd. It was a love hate relationship at first but it's been solid for quite a while now. I'll probably buy another one when I eventually get a calimer trans built.
Sponsored