Sponsored

HAS ANYONE CONTACTED THEIR CONTACT AT THE FACTORY ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS????

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

:)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeebus. Unleash the cannons!

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I hear you but the quality will be no better than a base mustang that goes down the same assembly line! I was really hoping the gt500 would be built by multimatic or somewhere that has better quality control!
I
I sent a real nice well worded email to my contact guy about this and he never replied. So I feel like I'm on my own about these problems. Pretty sad when you stop and think about what we are all spending to get one. Can't even get a response as to WHY the factory doesn't correct these issues.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chuck, get your car first. Then see if you have any issues. Many don't suffer from these maladies. If you do you can either trust the dealer network to take care of you or you could likely address it yourself. I chose the latter and learned quite a bit. I don't have issue as long as this kind of thing can be corrected. With the GT350 it was oil sensors, oil filters, oil cooler lines, CV joints, shifters, etc. So far this car has been an improvement in this regard in comparison to the GT350 I had. And I loved that car too!

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
MELTED WIRES---NOW THERE'S A COMFORTING THOUGHT ON THE DRIVE HOME WITH YOUR NEW CAR.
I got around to checking my wires & they were ok. The bracket that holds the wires away from the exhaust can be bent to gain additional
clearance. You can easily get to them without dropping the rear pan, since they are just in front of the tips.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Chuck, get your car first. Then see if you have any issues. Many don't suffer from these maladies.
Agreed. I have looked at multiple new GT500s, including my own, and none have had anything more than a clearcoat scratch.

If you do you can either trust the dealer network to take care of you or you could likely address it yourself. I chose the latter and learned quite a bit. I don't have issue as long as this kind of thing can be corrected.
I strongly recommend the "former" as these are clearly warranty items. This also allows Ford to identify, document and correct any assembly problems. Writing a letter is usually reserved for when a warranty item has not, or cannot, be corrected. Correction appears to be straightforward, even for a novice shade tree mechanic. :like:

RR

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I strongly recommend the "former" as these are clearly warranty items. This also allows Ford to identify, document and correct any assembly problems. Writing a letter is usually reserved for when a warranty item has not, or cannot, be corrected. Correction appears to be straightforward, even for a novice shade tree mechanic. :like:

RR
My car also had the heater hose problem, thanks to all the reports on the forum I was able point out the problem to the mechanic. I decided to have the mechanic at the dealership repair it and he did an excellent job. The reason I didn't do it was because I wanted it to be documented and charged to Ford. If you do it yourself, Ford can always say that it didn't happen and then they can deny that there is a problem.

These are the pictures taken by the mechanic and forwarded to Ford. It is hard to deny a picture.

Before:

IMG_0631.jpeg

After

IMG_0632.jpeg

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Hopefully Ford realized the heater hose and wiring problems and have corrected at the factory on cars yet to be built. Probably to be replaced with some other problem.

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
This isn't one of these specific problems, but I had 2 tire sensors that were broken on my car. One was loose inside the tire. You could hear it with the windows down rolling in reverse or forward, sounded like a consistent click. The other one was cracked. They were both working still working with no dash codes. If anybody has a click when moving slowly check the sensors. Ford covered them under warranty.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
My hose will be corrected at my next oil change, talked with the service manager at my break in oil change and he said they would take care of it. Similar to Earl, this allows it to be documented so a recall might be issued. Other issue I’ve had is my back up camera is defective, so I’ll have this fixed under warranty also. Other than those two things, at 3,000 miles everything else is going great!
Sponsored