Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Looks promising. It'd be cool if they attached the GT500's DCT to it, but in any case it needs the A10 as an option. Let's hope being a 5.0 they've ironed out the BBQ tick / piston slap....
Sponsored

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
Camaro ss 1le is huge bang for the buck. Hopefully Ford exceeds that performance at an even lower price.
I don't think this will ever happe . Ford knows mustang sale so they don't have to compete.

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
For sure, just like to see the big 3 go at each other's throats so we can enjoy the crazy value.
I would love that. I just sold my zl1 1le and looking to get another car in January. For the price the zl1 and ss 1le are better performance cars than there mustang counter parts but will never sell as well cause they just aren't Mustangs. If the mach 1 have 4pot rears and a tremec it's on my list but if not gt350 here I com .

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I would love that. I just sold my zl1 1le and looking to get another car in January. For the price the zl1 and ss 1le are better performance cars than there mustang counter parts but will never sell as well cause they just aren't Mustangs. If the mach 1 have 4pot rears and a tremec it's on my list but if not gt350 here I com .
Gt350s coming down in price? My cousin really likes them, but I told him to wait and see what this mach 1 is all about.

Sponsored

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
Gt350s coming down in price? My cousin really likes them, but I told him to wait and see what this mach 1 is all about.
I agree and that's why im waiting. Ss 1le, gt350 or the new mach 1. I track about 4 times a year so need something that's fun on track and off. Going N/A this time.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Camaro ss 1le is huge bang for the buck. Hopefully Ford exceeds that performance at an even lower price.
I think they can exceed the performance, but I doubt they’ll come close on price. If the Mach one is Bullitt + PP2 + coolers + Tremec MT then the performance should be there. But remember, you’re starting with Bullitt price and then adding cost to that.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think they can exceed the performance, but I doubt they’ll come close on price. If the Mach one is Bullitt + PP2 + coolers + Tremec MT then the performance should be there. But remember, you’re starting with Bullitt price and then adding cost to that.
I can see the Mach 1 starting at 55k and with options and dealer ADM pushing past 60k that's probably why 2020 is the last year for the GT350. I can also see the Mach 1 becoming like the Bullitt setting for a long time on the dealer lots. My dealer still has three 2019 Bullitt's in stock this could easily happen to the Mach 1

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am one who thinks the auto trans will be an option. The older generation are the ones who have the money to buy the Mach 1 and will want the auto trans. Since the GT350 Mustang will be gone, Ford has the freedom to make the Mach 1 outperform the GT350. I see no reason why Ford would drop the PP2 option for the Mustang GT because the people who don't buy limited addition cars will want the PP2 package for the Mustang GT. Hopefully, Ford will offer a rear seat delete option for the Mach 1.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Note how thick the edge of the nostrils camo is. Also the left nostril is right where the s550 air intake is. I predict a dodge red eye style intake and light combo.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Are Ford trying to make a drivers car to succeed the GT350 or another auto with a transmission that was originally designed for pickup trucks (the A10)?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
To everybody hoping for the A10 or Possibly DCT

You can see the shift paddle on the steering wheel in the first photo.

Cap1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Blimey, good catch!!! :clap:

If this iteration of the Mach 1 doesn't come with the option of an automatic gearbox, it'd be the first time in the Mach 1's history. It's always had the option before. And it'd be my choice :)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Look again in full resolution. This is definitely just the housing without shift paddles
steeringwheel.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.