Sponsored

another "who felt a difference?" thread........(rear shock mounts)

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The Steeda billet mount bearing, the ball is Chrome plated and the race is Stainless with a Teflon wiper seal. Therefore, it can handle severe environments without rusting. On another note, if you do not torque the nut properly you will eventually beat the bearing up and it will make noise. After, selling thousands of our billet mounts we have never seen one bind up! In closing these mounts are used in Competition and have set records,won races and championships!
I was not bagging on them at all they are a very strong part but they did rust. I drove the car a few weeks in the winter and the crap they put on the road eats anything, just a fact of life in Massachusetts. If you want a set with rusted bearing ball to look at you're welcome to them. I think If I had gotten the little caps for the top it would have been fine though, it built up a ton of sand and road debris up there.

20190622_134155.jpg

20190622_134303.jpg
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Have been running the stock shock mounts on a heavily Steeda modded suspension for a couple of years. Have not had any problems but it's not a DD car. Just installed the Steeda rear shock mounts last weekend. Will provide report in a couple of weeks. Did have a pile of sand/debris on top of the stock mounts. Sounds like the only way to get away from that problem is to use the BMR's but I can't as I have the pro action adjustable shocks. No rust issues but I live in dry climate of Colorado.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
any new updates? I have J&M mounts. About to install.