Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Exactly!! You said it way better ty. Also, Karen hates getting gas and likely wont like to be bothered with the chore of plugging her car in every night. Raises the other question of how many EVs will be on the side of the road completely dead. They could have made it to a charge station if only they left their phone unplugged to the car...but they needed to upload their latest selfie behind the wheel of their "mustang". Maybe we need to start a mobile EV charging company. Just drive around all day charging dead EVs on the sides of the road. Company truck will totally be a diesel powered vehicle with a generator in the back powered by even more dinosaur juice.
Exactly when did this conversation become anti-woman. And don't say it isn't. (Karen hates getting gas and likely wont like to be bothered with the chore of plugging her car in every night).

Just remember the Mustang was originally sold as a secretary's car. The Mustang has always had a huge female following. Now we're saying that just because the Mach-E says Mustang on it people/woman are going to drive it like idiots. Oh and we are going to see them strewn on the side of the road because woman didn't want to charge them.

Just give it up already. The Mach-E is called a Mustang. It will be very successful. And Covid-19 will be going away any day now. :like:
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Exactly!! You said it way better ty. Also, Karen hates getting gas and likely wont like to be bothered with the chore of plugging her car in every night. Raises the other question of how many EVs will be on the side of the road completely dead. They could have made it to a charge station if only they left their phone unplugged to the car...but they needed to upload their latest selfie behind the wheel of their "mustang". Maybe we need to start a mobile EV charging company. Just drive around all day charging dead EVs on the sides of the road. Company truck will totally be a diesel powered vehicle with a generator in the back powered by even more dinosaur juice.

My son and I were out the other day driving to a job, and we saw a guy walking to his car on the side of the highway, carrying a gas can. The car..... wait for it....... a Prius!! Funniest thing we've seen in a long time.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Exactly when did this conversation become anti-woman. And don't say it isn't. (Karen hates getting gas and likely wont like to be bothered with the chore of plugging her car in every night).
I think it's more anti-entitled than anti-woman. Apparently something that was part of the fallout from a particularly nasty divorce.

Norm

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Agree. But what I'm referring to is the type of driver (have seen both male and females act this way) that spends their life in cars that are gutless commuter trash vehicles that only non car people buy. Then when they get into something that may not even be more powerful but has a name of a faster brand and they drive erratic and stupid only because of what they believe that car should do. I'm likely failing at explaining it well but I'm sure we've all met someone similar to what I'm trying to point out. That person who get behind the wheel of a fast looking nicer car and now floors it every stop light and either gets in the news for killing someone or makes it home with a bunch of near misses.
This clarifies it well for me. One of my pet peeves is the number of people in the Detroit area driving 5.7L Challengers (probably the first ever V8 vehicle for a lot of them) who think because it says Hemi on the side, it's a kick ass car. I get more stoplight challenges and more highway roll race invitations from 5.7L Chargers and Challengers than pretty much all other cars combined. Dodge was offering $279 leases on 5.7L Chargers and Challengers for a long time (about 18 months I think) and they started sprouting like fungi on the streets of Detroit. Seems as though half the people that own them think they have a Hellcat. Real Hellcat and ScatPack drivers are significantly less obnoxious. Fact of the matter is, a good driver in a V6 Camaro can smoke a 5.7L Charger. But don't tell them that.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think it's more anti-entitled than anti-woman. Apparently something that was part of the fallout from a particularly nasty divorce.

Norm
Thank you Norm, exactly what I meant.

Apologies @Bikeman315 and to all females. Terrible excuse but I'm not running on all cylinders today. I'm just gonna sit the next few plays out. Again, sorry.

As far as the Mach-E goes, I also hope Ford is successful but I dislike the name. But there isn't anything any of us can do about it...wait, I'm sitting out the next few plays.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Karen isn't a gendered concept in my head. I know plenty of dudes who are Karen. It's the idea of a the self-possesed non-driver who feels they are the only person who has the right to be on the road. They don't know/care about cars, but there's is the best. Karen is just a good sound to describe the attitude, it could just ss easily be Todd (come at me Todds).

Also I think the Mustang stopped being a secretary's car when they plunked a 427 in it :giggle:.
Never really heard it applied to a man that way, put I totally understand why you would/could. Maybe we should have a Karl as well.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Never really heard it applied to a man that way, put I totally understand why you would/could. Maybe we should have a Karl as well.
The wife calls him Chad. Not a perfect match I guess though. Best I could find on many reddit and other treads was Kevin or Kyle.

Last week while riding my bicycle down a very steep hill I'd just climbed, it was a middle aged female that had to race by me even though I was going over the speed limit. She made oncoming traffic screech to a halt and got in front of me just before slamming on her own brakes to not hit the cars in front of us already stopped at the stop sign. I shouted "what the hell Karen?!?!" and confirmed she'd heard me not a second later as I stroll by her on the right. Windows down, hands on the wheel, staring straight ahead thinking invisible thoughts. She was driving some crossover thing with a car seat (empty) and dog, nobody else in the car. At the top of this 2 mile mountain hill is just a gravel parking lot used for hikers. Highly unlikely she or many of the people crowding the road that day was actually hiking, just out driving around, tired of being cooped up. It could have been any of the many new genders driving but I still would have shouted Karen.

<Insert something to get this thread back on topic or thrown in a dumpster here>

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Ehh...

I think in the end, Ford does not want to see the 2+2 coupe/convertible style 'go away' ,

but is it on the same level of not wanting to see the A/B/C three box sedan/hatcback/wagon market go away ?

In the end what they DO want to see , are happy customers transacting in good quality cars that give them good value. That was the message back from Henry F himself in 1903, what carried them through the 20th and hopefully adherence to values will see them through the 21st and beyond ...

Creating customer requires selling to people's ultimately, tastes and values. I think through all this , and the socio-economic discussions its spawning, the 'problem' cause is still us, the people.

And that goes for the removal of MT cars from the market as well ...

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Its just so funny because at the end of the day, the corporation only wants one thing, to possibly sell the same person a brand new car every 3-5 years.

But when you have us , with all our anxiety, issues, problems, projections, strengths, weaknesses, etc...

they're just trying to say "well you guys still need to get places right?"

Its only really - US going on about safety, environment, fuel economy, horsepower, grille size, highway presence, whether we feel cold or hot today, whatever...

whatever ... either buy it or don't buy it , if enough don't buy it , it will go away... however I think everyone's biggest fear is that people may buy it..

whatever...

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Every day that goes by this trash Mach E #notamustang gets closer to being on the road.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't think I could ever bring myself to use any form of "hands free driver assist". Never use cruise control for any level of "foot free driver assist" as it is.

Obviously Ford is only concerning themselves with mindless mobility at this point.

Norm

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
"Hands free driving" ... might as well sell all your cars and use Uber.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not hard to do, just wait for the batteries to heat up :giggle:
Hmmmm. Okay new business plan. Make an EV with modular batteries that can be removed in maybe 10 min. Then drive a diesel powered truck around with a bunch of batteries and go "hot swap" dead/overheated batteries all day.
Sponsored