2018 Shelby GT350 - Orange Fury - Chassis # "PP001" - For Sale

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So much for the hopes that my chassis was the first Orange Fury for production. Very cool find, but personally not a big fan of the creamsicle combo.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So much for the hopes that my chassis was the first Orange Fury for production. Very cool find, but personally not a big fan of the creamsicle combo.
Totally understand that this color combination is not for everyone but I personally like it a lot.

You have a very early build which is very cool and still possibly the first regular production OF GT350 built as there were only 5 regular production GT350's built ahead of your car.

Obviously some Ford exec also like the Orange Fury color combination and had his car built very early on with a build date of June 23rd, 2017 therefore suggest that you are in good company.

What is the build date of your car and did you go with Black stripes and/or a Black roof and is it Electronics Package, Convenience Package or just a Standard GT350?

:sunglasses:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Totally understand that this color combination is not for everyone but I personally like it a lot.

You have a very early build which is very cool and still possibly the first regular production OF GT350 built as there were only 5 regular production GT350's built ahead of your car.

Obviously some Ford exec also like the Orange Fury color combination and had his car built very early on with a build date of June 23rd, 2017 therefore suggest that you are in good company.

What is the build date of your car and did you go with Black stripes and/or a Black roof and is it Electronics Package, Convenience Package or just a Standard GT350?

My car was not ordered by me. It was actually a canadian car from what I can find as it has a the center two gauges in metric and all of the dash defaults to metric if you do a battery reset. Not sure what my build date is off of the top of my head. Car had black stripes, orange roof with stripes, Electronics package with Recaros.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Looks good I don't know why in hell they put that dealership sticker on that black panel. That panel scratches very easily. Hopefully whom ever buys it can get that off without fine scratches.
Pull the sticker, then wrap with XPEL or similar - masks fine scratches and prevents more.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Remembered to get out to the car and took a look at it. Manufactured 10/2017.

Of course , since the car was manufactured for Canadian export all the standard door decals have both frend and english information.

Sponsored

Jbsmith4477

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well I'm the new owner of PP001. I had been looking for a 18 orange fury and stumbled across this one Friday. I traded in a 10 speed 401a 18 premium pp GT and while working the trade numbers sombody put a deposit and was told the car had sold. I got a call this morning from Sam my sales rep who informed me the deal fell apart over the weekend and she was available again. I got in the car and made the two and a half hour drive from Florence to see it. Well after crunching numbers and a test drive she followed me home. I would really love to see any information anyone has on th car as I'm going to be doing more digging around. When I got in to head home the navigation had several address saved. The first being Roush industry and the second flat rock assembly plant 1.
20200817_193730.jpg
20200817_193733.jpg
20200817_193903.jpg
20200818_005423.jpg

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Awesome that it found a good home. Enjoy the ride.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Well I'm the new owner of PP001. I had been looking for a 18 orange fury and stumbled across this one Friday. I traded in a 10 speed 401a 18 premium pp GT and while working the trade numbers sombody put a deposit and was told the car had sold. I got a call this morning from Sam my sales rep who informed me the deal fell apart over the weekend and she was available again. I got in the car and made the two and a half hour drive from Florence to see it. Well after crunching numbers and a test drive she followed me home. I would really love to see any information anyone has on th car as I'm going to be doing more digging around. When I got in to head home the navigation had several address saved. The first being Roush industry and the second flat rock assembly plant 1.
20200817_193730.jpg
20200817_193733.jpg
20200817_193903.jpg
20200818_005423.jpg
Thanks for coming here and letting us know:like:. The nav info is pretty funny and adds to the provenance of Executive ownership! Good snag on your part.

Welcome to M6G :clap:

Tons of good info here.

Beautiful car.

(Seeing this one has been bought, I don’t think @PP0001 would mind if I let folks know the one I wrote about earlier is back at the dealership- northern NH.)

Jbsmith4477

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'll definitely let y'all know what I find out about the car. I have a call in with roush and sombody is putting me in contact with a friend at Ford that said should be able to help as well. Would love to find out more.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I'll definitely let y'all know what I find out about the car. I have a call in with roush and sombody is putting me in contact with a friend at Ford that said should be able to help as well. Would love to find out more.
Off topic but I like your Avatar. One of my Black and Tan Coonhounds is from Darlington, but she doesn't hunt now.

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I live in spartanburg sc! So happy to see a local own this beautiful car! Take care of it and enjoy it brother!

S650D&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Congrats! That's an awesome car to pick up with some cool history. The 777 address is a building shared by Roush and Ford Performance. More than likely it was a management vehicle for Ford Performance of some sorts. I may have even seen that car driving around Dearborn, but there's always a handful so it's hard to confirm!

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Based on purchasing the 3 Pilot Production cars shown (PP0001, PP0002 & PP0004) from the same dealership as you I suggest that your car might have initially been sold to the Ford Motor Company with your car shipped to and out on bailment to DST (Diversified Services Technology) in Romulus, Michigan at least that is what took place for these 3 PP cars.

With respect to PP0001 and PP0002 I was able to obtain some very interesting and cool information from DST on those two cars but with DST being sold not all that long ago it is hard to say what the new owners will be able to provide to you but at least suggest to reach out to them regarding your cool car.

If you send me a PM with your contact information I will provide you with a phone number and contact name at DST and as well I can provide you with a copy of the Oasis Report along with a copy of the Window Sticker for your car ending in "500015".

:wink:

DSCF0765.JPG
PP0001 25.jpg
PP0001 - 1.jpg
DSCF0662.JPG

Jbsmith4477

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just ordered the certificate package from Ford. As I called about the original owners package and was told pp cars don't have them which was a bummer.