Sponsored

Black Car Owners..... what do you like to use on the paint to keep it looking good?

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Curious to what you black car owners use these days to keep the paint as flawless as possible
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Remember you do not own a black car, it owns you.
How true that is brother!! lol

Always use the best/softest microfiber towels that you can get/afford. That saves you a lot of headache in the long run.
I haven't polished or clayed my car, (It's a 2019 and I only have 870 miles on it), but of course it should be to be really/properly clean, but I am going to get it professionally ceramic coated hopefully soon, or whenever the economy gets back up and chugging.
If I shine a light on the paint, there are very few scratch/swirl marks and almost no marring. It's all on the product you use and how well you use it.

ehazel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There are a few swirl hotspots to be super careful with I only touch them with new microfibers:
The gloss plastic used on the rear decklid and around the tail lights is EXTREMELY easy to swirl, its also used on the front grill.
Also be careful with the top section of the front bumper between the grill and hood. I don't know why but that section is swirled pretty badly even though the hood butted up next to it has minimal swirling.

If its worth it to you look into the cost of full coverage PPF vs Ceramic coating. If I were do to it over again I would go the PPF route, it isn't cheap but will make keeping your paint nice much less of a hassle.
Sponsored