Vehicle Showcase

Beerrun80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm glad to hear it! Let us see if when you're done!
Finally got the right one in the mail yesterday. I guess they had to lay some people off due to covid. They also sent the return label to mail the wrong one back. Install was pretty simple even though none of the bolts lined up. Sits flush with no gap.
MVIMG_20200523_124131.jpg
MVIMG_20200523_124126.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Finally got the right one in the mail yesterday. I guess they had to lay some people off due to covid. They also sent the return label to mail the wrong one back. Install was pretty simple even though none of the bolts lined up. Sits flush with no gap.
Excellent!

Yeah, when it's the proper convertible fitment it sits flush, exactly like you'd expect.

Sponsored

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my spoiler from them. I see the holes don't line up, except maybe the outer ones? Did those ones line up for you? What did you do, drill?

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
The holes definitely did not line up on mine. I was lucky that I had some of the sticky tape on my trunk lid, so I just put the spoiler where it will go, had my better half help hold it in place and I marked the holes for drilling. Took it to the bench and drilled the holes. Eazy Peazy!

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
The holes definitely did not line up on mine. I was lucky that I had some of the sticky tape on my trunk lid, so I just put the spoiler where it will go, had my better half help hold it in place and I marked the holes for drilling. Took it to the bench and drilled the holes. Eazy Peazy!
You drilled into the spoiler? Did you have to tap it?

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
You drilled into the spoiler? Did you have to tap it?
Mine came with self cutting screws,(Which I replaced with Stainless). Drilled pilot holes then ran the screws in. I need to clarify that I have the Ebay one, but I believe the BMC is the same way.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with self cutting screws,(Which I replaced with Stainless). Drilled pilot holes then ran the screws in. I need to clarify that I have the Ebay one, but I believe the BMC is the same way.
Got it, makes sense now. I have the same ebay one. Thanks a bunch!!

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Got it, makes sense now. I have the same ebay one. Thanks a bunch!!
No worries! I got the unpainted version. I stopped by the body shop today, it's taking some work to get it to look good. I had contacted the seller about the imperfections and he stated they take care of them when THEY paint it, but he gave me some money back anyway. I'm happy with the sale since it ended up not costing me much and the refund will cover the prep work needed.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
No worries! I got the unpainted version. I stopped by the body shop today, it's taking some work to get it to look good. I had contacted the seller about the imperfections and he stated they take care of them when THEY paint it, but he gave me some money back anyway. I'm happy with the sale since it ended up not costing me much and the refund will cover the prep work needed.
I got it painted, and it looks pretty good to me. I'm not an auto body guy by any means, or a paint perfectionist, but it looks good to me. My concern now is that it has a little gap on the edges, but that goes away with the slightest of pressure, so i'm hopeful a little torque on the sides will pull it down. Also, I marked the holes to drill, and the one hole is almost butt up against the one they have drilled. Worried about screwing into that. Other than that, it looks good.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
I got it painted, and it looks pretty good to me. I'm not an auto body guy by any means, or a paint perfectionist, but it looks good to me. My concern now is that it has a little gap on the edges, but that goes away with the slightest of pressure, so i'm hopeful a little torque on the sides will pull it down. Also, I marked the holes to drill, and the one hole is almost butt up against the one they have drilled. Worried about screwing into that. Other than that, it looks good.
It may be better to "stretch" the hole in the trunk lid a little to prevent the spoiler hole from breaking off. Good Luck!!!

Beerrun80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I just got my spoiler from them. I see the holes don't line up, except maybe the outer ones? Did those ones line up for you? What did you do, drill?
Yes, none of the holes lined up. Just made measured, marked, made new pilots and bolted in.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
i finally got around to installing this. The gap on the sides were very bad. I called thespoilercompany aka Wingtech and they said I needed to move it around to find the sweet spot. He said it's definitely the right part number for a vert, but man, there is no sweet spot I can find to make it line up flush. I think I'm out the money for a spoiler and not going to try another one. I'll keep trying, but I am very disappointed in this spoiler. I would never recommend either place for a spoiler, that's for sure.
Sponsored