BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Update:

After driving this car around for a week with the suspension changes I've made (including a 1 day club drive last Saturday) I have had ZERO rubbing in the rear fenders/tires even at the softest setting on the rear shocks, but wow, there's ZERO room left for any more tire back there. If I wanted to go with a taller tire I'd have to drop 20mm off the tire width (eg a 305 35R19 versus a 325 30 R19 which is what I have now) and deal with some sidewall stretch but that's for another day.

Ok so I dialed in the shocks & struts for daily driving:

* 1/2 turn from softest in the rear shocks
* 3/4 turn from softest in the front struts

That appears to be the sweet spot for me.

I also found that if I wanted a significantly stiffer experience on some worthy course quality road I'd add a full turn to all 4 corners and that seems to be really good, but not appropriate for daily driving. However, I'll have to wait to really get into a track situation to see if that's really true, or whether or not I'll have to adjust it, but that's the plan so far.

Roads out here are terrible in general so I've had to be selective on where I test this and make adjustments.

On the front end:

I ordered control arms and the bumpsteer kit from Steeda including bearings on the tension arms rather than bushings. That combined with the camber plates I'm waiting for will let me get the goofiness out of the front steering I now have on tighter turns now that I've lowered the car. All of these parts will most likely ship near the end of next week, so I'm at least 2 weeks out from Round II of my suspension upgrade.

See you in two weeks!
Sponsored