Atlas Force UHP Tires

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Ok folks, I decided to give the Atlas Force UHP 275/35R20 tires a try to see if they're any good. I have Continental DWS06's upfront currently and had to put two of my Pirelli's PZero's on the back after a blowout of one of my Continental's a couple of months ago. I love the Continentals, but they're expensive to keep replacing a set of two every year or so on the back. I've done as much research as I could and haven't seen any bad reviews for the Atlas Force UHP tires. I got a great deal on these off Ebay for about $187 shipped for both tires. I'm going to put these on the car once I get my 20mm Eibach spacers delivered. I took a couple of photos for you guys. Anyone else run these on their car? After almost wrecking my car about two weeks ago with the stock Pirelli's, they've got to go.
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Whatā€™s the rubber compound rating in those?

A buck-eighty seven delivered isnā€™t bad at all for (2) tires of that size!

The Atlas tire ā€œbrandā€ has been around since 1935 (were manufactured by Standard Oil) for anyone wondering, but the dormant Company was bought:
Linglong Americas Inc., U.S. subsidiary of China's Shandong Linglong Tire Co. Ltd., acquired ownership in 2015 of the trademark rights.
https://www.tirebusiness.com/articl...-atlas-brand-heads-2016-17-brand-developments

Last edited:
OP
OP
CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Whatā€™s the rubber compound rating in those?

A buck-eighty seven delivered isnā€™t bad at all for (2) tires of that size!

The Atlas tire ā€œbrandā€ has been around since 1935 (were manufactured by Standard Oil) for anyone wondering, but the dormant Company was bought:

https://www.tirebusiness.com/articl...-atlas-brand-heads-2016-17-brand-developments
They're an all season compound tire. I'm going to get them installed sometime this week. I'll give a review afterwards. Anything has to be better than the Pirelli PZero's. I almost wrecked my car with the Pirelli's on the back after dropping down into 2nd gear at 50mph. Car went right into the next lane and almost hit the car next to me. If the Atlas tires end up being pretty good, I'll eventually get a set for the fronts after my Conti DWS06's get worn.

Guzmans5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
They're an all season compound tire. I'm going to get them installed sometime this week. I'll give a review afterwards. Anything has to be better than the Pirelli PZero's. I almost wrecked my car with the Pirelli's on the back after dropping down into 2nd gear at 50mph. Car went right into the next lane and almost hit the car next to me. If the Atlas tires end up being pretty good, I'll eventually get a set for the fronts after my Conti DWS06's get worn.
I love the Atturos tires amazing traction and great all year tires

OP
OP
CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Ok guys, here's an update after I had the tires installed. The Atlas Force UHP tires definitely hook up on the street. Way better than the Pirelli PZero's and I'd say just about on par with the Continental DWS06's. I'm pretty happy with them so far and the price was incredible. I think they're definitely a good option for people who don't want to spend tons of money on tires. The only down side I see is that I couldn't find any sizes bigger than a 275/35/20.
IMG_0343.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CompOrangeFanatic

Just curious - how are these holding up and how many miles on them now?

How are they in wet weather?

OP
OP
CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
@CompOrangeFanatic

Just curious - how are these holding up and how many miles on them now?

How are they in wet weather?
These tires are amazingly great! They hook really well on dry and wet pavement. They're just as good as the Continental Extreme DWS06's which are an amazing tire as well. I still have the Conti's on the front currently. The only downside I see is that it appears the largest size is the 275/35/20. I wish I could get them in a 305 or 315 for the future. I'm very happy with them:)

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think I might have been the first guy on 6G to try these tires. No reviews anywhere. But, for $375 for a set of 4 tires in 265/40/19 was very hard to find in an all season. And yes, they do hook up really well. Better than most cheaper tires. I also put them on par with the Conti's. They have very good traction in snow as well. Drove home this winter in a few inches of snow and also on ice. they aren't perfect for snow, but better than most other all seasons.
The real main reason I got them, is after searching for info on this particular tire, I found they are very popular in Germany for Porsches, and also very popular in Latin and South America in very wet climates. The rain channels are much wider than the Pirellis, and also wider than the Michelin A/S3's. This is a good thing for pumping out/displacing water.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quite a laundry list of power adder mods ($$) and tacky nonsense like louvers ($$) when it won't hook up on a 50 roll so you put on a cheap ass A/S tire on it...:like::clap:

OP
OP
CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Quite a laundry list of power adder mods ($$) and tacky nonsense like louvers ($$) when it won't hook up on a 50 roll so you put on a cheap ass A/S tire on it...:like::clap:
It hooks up just fine now asswipe. I guess you can't read, cause the Atlas tires hook up just as well as the Conti's do. Thanks for your douchebag reply to my post.

Sponsored

jbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JB
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang 18 Raptor
Typically what we see with less expensive tires is that they do not wear as well over time and the rubber gets harder and louder as they get older. Reason is not as much rubber in the tire. Other byproducts are in the rubber. Compare a Michelin pilot to a cheap tire. The Pilot is a darker black, that is not a coincidence. Will be interested to see how these are after 12000 miles.

OP
OP
CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Typically what we see with less expensive tires is that they do not wear as well over time and the rubber gets harder and louder as they get older. Reason is not as much rubber in the tire. Other byproducts are in the rubber. Compare a Michelin pilot to a cheap tire. The Pilot is a darker black, that is not a coincidence. Will be interested to see how these are after 12000 miles.
Never thought of that...good point. But tires don't typically last that long on the back of my car anyways. So that was the big reason to try something else that was a lot cheaper than the Continentals(which I love). I am just surprised how well the Atlas tires hook up in the dry and wet. At the time, my car was a daily, but its not anymore and will be going FI very soon. I'll go DR's on the rear after that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, as far as $$$ to $$$ between what some on this site see as a ā€œgoodā€ tire vs. ā€œbad tireā€... when I had my prior 2016, I researched tires just as many folks on here do... at the time, Contis, Michelinā€™s and the BFg Comp 2 A/Sā€˜s were still the ā€œtop ratedā€ by forum members. This was the thread I used:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/g-force-comp-2-a-s.67428/

I did have the BFGā€™s installed on my prior 2016 (cost me in excess of $1k) and put over 20k on them at which point they were extremely loud... ridiculously loud and the treadwear... LMAO... ok granted they had a 45k treadwear warranty, but at 20k, those tires sucked and were excessively worn out by only daily highway use... and traction in rain? Sucked worse than a bald Goodyear...

Iā€™ll never buy another set of BFGā€™s.

So IMO, anyone can blow $1k-$2k on a set of four tires and still end up with shit quality, poor performance and lack luster tread life.

ā€”ā€”

I applaud anyone who takes a chance, buys so called ā€œcheap tiresā€ and actually posts honest reviews for others. If someone can get (2) Performance tires shipped to their door for only $187 and those tires perform as good if not better than the ā€œname brandā€ - then more power to him/her... Because that person who got a bargain shopped, reviewed and saved their $$$ - while most of us got a shitty result from a forum recommended ā€œname brandā€ tire where one tire costs in excess of $200+.

The problem is, most forum members go by Brand Name and when there IS a new tire mentioned, everyone wants to trash it without even knowing the background of the tire. Thereā€™s many tires that are popular and very good quality that are sold on Euro/Asia vehicles as factory spec. Many of those tires have a bigger following than some of the common ā€œname brandā€ found stateside... but, since XYZ Brand Name isnā€™t recognized, the bad mouthing starts..

So the next time anyone wants to buy that Michelin... or Conti... or BFG and spend the BIG bucks on them, go and fact check before plunking down that cashola, because itā€™s possible that fancy named tire was produced right next to and from the same overseas plant as that so called cheapy tire...
https://www.utires.com/articles/tires-made-usa-american-foreign-brands/
https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/industry-analysis.tire-manufacturing.html
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/tires/where-are-tires-made
https://www.tirereview.com/china-rise-tire-companies-making-waves-around-globe/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tire_companies
https://www.carlogos.org/reviews/largest-tire-manufacturers.html
https://www.marketresearchreports.com/blog/2018/07/05/worlds-15-largest-tire-manufacturers-revenue

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I love the Atturos tires amazing traction and great all year tires
Atturos are huge in the mopar scene for cheap decent tires, and they can be had for dirt cheap prices. You can find 315's for well under 200 a tire.
Sponsored