Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
I did before I posted the question but had no luck finding it. I will keep looking, thanks

try this one its not the one I used but should work ok
Sponsored

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Hey gang, finally bumped into this FORScan thread. I traded a 2018 F-150 Platinum for a 2019 Bullitt, so I'm already familiar with FORScan, but I'm having issues even before attempting any changes. Here they are, in case somebody can help me :D :
1. Went to the 'as built' Motorcraft site, and there're a ton of options, and couldn't find 'as built' anywhere. But even worse, is they require log-in credentials, and don't have any. Will I have to save every single module before making changes, like I had to do with my truck? Hope not, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
2. Are Fusions the same as Mustangs? Several of the typical changes I made, and will make on this car, are different than the F-150. I found TWO different spreadsheets, but followed the one posted on post #11. Is that the current one, and does that one apply to Mustangs? The other one was linked to a Fusion site. By the way, on the F-150 forum, the updated spreadsheet was on post #1, so hard to miss. It'd be great if it could be relocated there :D. Just want to make sure I got the correct one for my 2019 Bullitt.
3. The #1 mod I want to make is to disable the fake engine sound on my car (Bullitts have no sound tube), like I did with my truck. But the spreadsheet has the same code as my F-150, and I remember seeing a different one over the S550 forum, but couldn't find it. Does anybody know if 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx is indeed correct? If not, please post the correct one. I'd greatly appreciate it.
4. Another mod I wanted to do is to add numbers to the coolant temperature, transmission temperature, etc. It was 720-07-01 xxxx xx5x xxxx, But I have the digital dash. Does anybody know if that would work? Thx.
5. Another mod I want to do is the 'quick boot' option, which disables the Ford animation. It was 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx, but that code is not even listed under the IPC module. And there were instructions to only enable several animations, but not how to disable them. Hopefully it can be done, since I was used to the truck, which booted right away. It seems to take forever on the Bullitt.
6. Finally, also want 2 presses on the fob for panic alarm, to avoid false ones. But it wasn't listed on the spreadsheet. It should be the same as the F-150, no? It's BCM 726-37-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxx. Please let me know. That's it for now. Thank you.
JC
No log in required, just your vin to get correct file. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Excellent! Thank you. As a side comment, I had to click TWICE, before it took me to the actual 'as-built' page. Initially, it took me to the Ford Motorcraft main page, just like last time. So look into the URL and make sure 'AsBuilt' is in the URL.

Hey, now I'm ready to make changes, BUT which file can I trust for my 2019 Bullitt? The updated file should be moved to the first post. Maybe a mod can do that:like:. Thx.

Last edited:

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Excellent! Thank you. As a side comment, I had to click TWICE, before it took me to the actual 'as-built' page. Initially, it took me to the Ford Motorcraft main page, just like last time. So look into the URL and make sure 'AsBuilt' is in the URL.

Hey, now I'm ready to make changes, BUT which file can I trust for my 2019 Bullitt? Thx.
It’s vin specific. Always make a copy of the original before making any changes.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If those As-Built files are correct, they should be identical to the ones on my car, but you never know. I don't trust Ford on that, so will make a copy before doing anything, just like I did with my truck. But if nobody here can post which darn file is the latest one for our Mustangs, not sure if I'll mess with things except the ones I know shouldn't cause any issues, like the fake engine sound, cooled/heated seats on home screen, chimes off, etc.

Sponsored

i_onx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So as much as I would love to read all 197 pages of this thread I was hoping someone would possibly know the codes for the following: Speedometer calibration (changing tire size soon), turning fog lights to DRL's (have OPT7s so they hyperflash) and then finally turning off the annoying double honk feature? Also if anyone ever figured out how to automatically raise the windows up using the keyfob that'd be great. Thank you for any input.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

i_onx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Awesome, thank you for the help. Saw the windows up talked about in the first couple pages but was really not wanting to go through everything if someone could help so appreciate it.
Go to this post and open the spread-sheet: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/#post-1438120
Also a lot more info in the F150 spread-sheet but be aware that not all features are applicable or compatible: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit?usp=sharing
Windows up with keyfob has been confirmed as not possible.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i was looking around thru the different modules (not as built) and ran across a few interesting things.

DACMC:
active noise control: enabled
anti noise control: enabled
engine sound enhancement:enabled
engine sound enhancement:enabled

IPC:
launch control: disabled

anyone have any insight about these. can launch control be used on automatics?

edit: tried it out and was able to enable it and set RPM but i don't think it worked, you can see LC overlayed over the gear indicator at the bottom. i had it at lowest setting (3000) and it began to spin the tires from a stop at about 2500
VideoCapture_20200529-185137.jpg
20200529_184713.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just messed with FORScan for the first time on my new computer, and on the new Bullitt, and wasn't able to get ANY changes done on the IPC module. It just said 'action interrupted', or something like that. Tried doing one change at a time, and nothing. Clicked on 'help', and it just said 'make sure vehicle is not moving' (it obviously wasn't). I was able to do the other 6 changes in 3 different modules fine. Tried flipping the CAN switch, and nothing. I was able to save the module, and make changes, but it never finished writing the changes. It stopped at 36%. The only one that went to 100% before interrupting was the door ajar chime change, and it wasn't done either.

Does anybody have any idea why I couldn't do any IPC changes? Thx.

By the way, after writing the APIM module, it sounded horrible; scared the crap out of me, in part because the stereo blasted at full volume in AM 530. The BCM also sounded nasty, but not nearly as bad. Don't remember my truck making anything close to that racket. Is that normal on Mustangs? Everything seems to be working fine, and all the other mods were successfully changed. Thx.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I read on the forum that the latest version of Forscan can cause this issue. Try installing an older version. Also make sure you are using the can bus switch correctly. I had this error when I was using the switch wrong.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks. Thought if you could get thru, you were in business. I did read about that, but thought I was in the clear after being able to change other modules; apparently not. I didn't know you could install an older version; is it possible? I have version 2.3.26. The current one is 2.3 33. I tried with the switch both ways, but don't know if I should start the session with the switch the other way. Will try once more, I guess.

Do you know by any chance which is the latest version that doesn't cause any issues? My old computer crashed, so lost everything, unfortunately. Had to get a new one, and downloaded FORScan several months ago, but didn't use it until now. Thanks again.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Let me check my laptop tomorrow (it's at work) and see exactly what version I have installed on it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you very much; looking forward to that, since yours works with IPC, right? Livnitup posted where to get older FORScan versions here: https://forscan.org/changes_history.html
Now just need to know which version works with the IPC module, so I can download it, and make those changes. By the way, do I have to uninstall FORScan, then start from scratch and install the older version, get a license again, etc? I didn't keep the license file, so would have to see if I can get it again, because I don't think I could get a new one when the current one is active. What a mess. Ha ha.
Sponsored