FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Eb don’t have the exhaust sound, toss an hks bov on it. That is a weird satisfying sound (assuming it’s a manual) psssssh. On demand feels awesome
Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I know a guy who got an EcoBoost, then wanted to go for a ride in my GT to see what it was like.

I think he shat in his pants 'cause I went nuts and had my Pedal Commander set to Sport +3.

I also think when he got back in his EcoBoost, he put his hands on the steering wheel and cried a little.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I know a guy who got an EcoBoost, then wanted to go for a ride in my GT to see what it was like.

I think he shat in his pants 'cause I went nuts and had my Pedal Commander set to Sport +3.

I also think when he got back in his EcoBoost, he put his hands on the steering wheel and cried a little.
I feel like if you buy the Ecoboost without driving the GT first, you're doing yourself a disservice. If the extra power and noise really doesn't appeal to you then that's cool, but if you're just avoiding it for money reasons I feel like you are inevitably never satisfied until you get the keys to the GT. Better to just save up for what you want instead of settling; this goes for all aspects of life.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I concur!

I feel like if you buy the Ecoboost without driving the GT first, you're doing yourself a disservice. If the extra power and noise really doesn't appeal to you then that's cool, but if you're just avoiding it for money reasons I feel like you are inevitably never satisfied until you get the keys to the GT. Better to just save up for what you want instead of settling; this goes for all aspects of life.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
absolutely. Living with a EB on a DD or casual use basis it's more 'fun' to throw around and doing so doesn't put your liberty at risk. Trying that level of care free fun with a GT requires a much more lenient law-enforcement presence.
Still a sporty fast looking car on the outside (and like the average public, cop won't see much difference)
and EB still way overpowered compared to speed limits. Very funny some might be making the argument a GT is "too fast"
and an EB is not.

Now being about as invisible to law enforcement as possible, in a fast car, requires something along the
lines of a non german 4 door, like a Fusion Sport or MKZ.

Sponsored

Gotchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
10 pages ... buy a GT = done
This is a mustang just for the resale value it's worth it

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
I have driven the eco and while it looks like a mustang , the sound and driving experience is very different.
I own a GT pp1 with all the extras and though it cost a lot more the the more basic models it is worth every Penney of it.
If I could I would even upgrade to a 350R but that's not currently possible, I would need to win a decent lottery to get that .

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I had 2005 Mustang GT for 13 years. It was a DD and I loved it. Replaced it with an 18 Ecoboost Premium PP. I’ve had it for 2 years and love it. I also DD it and have no interest in getting a GT. Having said that, I believe you should drive both before you make a decision. It’s your money and you need to make sure you’ll be satisfied with your decision.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
This whole discussion is kinda stupid. The guy hasn't driven both. You really need to go drive both before launching the entire forum into another Eb v.s. GT thread. Do your end of the work and test drive both. If you are still confused, start a thread. If you can afford it, get the GT, otherwise get the EB. Trust me I've had both.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This whole discussion is kinda stupid. The guy hasn't driven both. You really need to go drive both before launching the entire forum into another Eb v.s. GT thread. Do your end of the work and test drive both. If you are still confused, start a thread. If you can afford it, get the GT, otherwise get the EB. Trust me I've had both.
since my lease is ending next year, just want to here what's you guys' suggestions
OP just wanted to start another EB/GT thread for us to argue about. But then again it's what we do, right? :like:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

I also think when he got back in his EcoBoost, he put his hands on the steering wheel and
Pedal commander set to sport+3. No sh!t? That must feel like warp drive!:like::giggle:

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Pedal commander set to sport+3. No sh!t? That must feel like warp drive!:like::giggle:
Yup... I think PC works better on a manual ‘cause you can work the clutch. I just leave it on Sport 3 all the time these days. Turning it off is depressing now...

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I got a 15 GT 6-Speed with the performance pack and a 15 Eco boost Auto. Currently. Here is my thoughts. Side by Side

Eco Boost: I love the handling characteristics. It's quick to change directions, it has immediate power when I stomp on it. It gets great gas mileage. It is a fun little car (its a convertible). Truly adore the thing. My Wife loves it as well. I want to keep it around for a long while. I love the little turbo sound and the blow off valve.

5.0: I love the power, nothing compares to the sound of a V8, mid ways through the RPM range, it just pulls, and pulls, and pulls. Handling characteristics side by side. It's a huge disadvantage. The v8 puts a smile on my face though, she's got a few go fast goodies, I love to race, that's the whole reason I got the 5.0 in the first place.

The best comparison I can give for handling and performance. The Eco boost has finesse, she is gentle and I would say goes at a marathoners pace. She is quick to change directions and I would carve up a canyon road with out a worry or care in the world in her. Long road trips would be pleasant considering the gas mileage. She is pretty quiet both at cruising speeds and idle. The 5.0 is like having a rocket strapped to a brick. In a straight line. It's a beast by comparison. Front heavy though. You can feel it. A Lot. She also drinks a lot. She makes a loud grunt when paired with a good exhaust system. She will put a smile on your face just as big as the eco boost going through the curves, she gonna go slower though. They are both beautiful vehicles in their own light. I guess the real question is do you want a beautiful slim fit girl who can run a marathon and is a light drinker or do you want a beautiful thick athletic girl who can sack a quarterback and shot guns beers? That's a choice your going to have to make.